why i need to help shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

why i need to help shenmue 3

Postby scroeffie » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:30 pm

when they add paypal i think iam going to help out
the reason iam not shure is because wel they showed nothing i need something to push me over the edge
iam 31 now i waited almost 15 years for me the magic is not there anymore after shenmue 2 i waited 5 years nothing than other games came along so i lost my interest in shenmue yess its a great game
but its way to late I NEED SOMETHING TO START THE FIRE AGAIN
scroeffie
Asia Travel Representative

Re: why i need to help shenmue 3

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:47 pm

I find some of his answers pretty exciting and ambitious.

"Well, things are really just getting started. I’m always looking to try new challenges, and so in order to take on as many of these as possible, the more budget we can collect the better."

"How much money will be raised is becoming increasingly of interest.

YS: Yes. It’s not that we will not be implementing an open world, but doing so lavishly will cause the budget to shoot up. On the other hand, since I am a creator, I’d like to try new mechanisms. I have set stretch goals with that balance in mind."

"I will say this: if we reach the $5 mil mark, one of the things I really want to do with Shenmue 3 will become a reality.
At $10 million, it will truly have the features of an open world."

They are new systems, so naturally they need new names. The Rapport System will govern changes in Shenhua's actions depending on your conversations with or actions towards her. The "Character Perspective System" will highlight different characters personalities as they go through the story."

If we were to have 100 characters and split the budget among them, we’d be limited in terms of what we could do with each one; however, if we were to split that budget among just 10 characters, we could do a lot more with them.

He does not want only make Shenmue 3 but a great and innovative videogame that stands out from the concurrence.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:51 pm

This one always gives me Shenmue fever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyfo7u9MGto
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:03 pm

scroeffie wrote: when they add paypal i think iam going to help out
the reason iam not shure is because wel they showed nothing i need something to push me over the edge
iam 31 now i waited almost 15 years for me the magic is not there anymore after shenmue 2 i waited 5 years nothing than other games came along so i lost my interest in shenmue yess its a great game
but its way to late I NEED SOMETHING TO START THE FIRE AGAIN

Too late??? It's NEVER too late if you love something enough. 15 years of heart ache is about to come to an end. If you need to "restart the fire", play through the first two games again - although to be honest that cliffhanger ending in S2 should be the reason you want continuance/closure after all these years. And, in all fairness, what game has ever come close to the brilliance of Shenmue? With the exception of a handful of games I can really think of, most have all been cookie-cutter and even then, they were not on the same scale as Shenmue ever was.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Play the games again and ask yourself if you want to see more of it.

There's not much than that to be honest. Everytime I play a videogame I start thinking why Shenmue was so different and how would it be a new shenmue, now I have the chance to see it happening.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby scroeffie » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:16 pm

i need to see something of shenmue 3 not just 10sec vid ryu can you jump yess i can does that make people excited ?
remmeber back in the day shenmue 1 pictures concept art etc etc what did we get with shenmue 3 nothing the game is in develpment sins 2004 i believe
scroeffie

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:24 pm

scroeffie wrote: i need to see something of shenmue 3 not just 10sec vid ryu can you jump yess i can does that make people excited ?
remmeber back in the day shenmue 1 pictures concept art etc etc what did we get with shenmue 3 nothing the game is in develpment sins 2004 i believe

That was a pre-alpha/promo video. Probably has very little to do with proper development.
The game hasn't been in development since 2004. Sega cancelled it after Shenmue 2 and Yu had received no funding from anywhere until now to make it. As for needing to see something, have faith in Yu. Going by all the interviews and quotes you shouldn't have anything major to worry about except the KS budget. You need to get in there and make a pledge now before you lose your chance. There's no guarantee they will add a Paypal option during or after the KS is over. If you are worried it won't be good enough or whatever, thats where your concern should lie. Not with Suzuki and his team.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: alexironaek, Axm
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby scroeffie » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:00 pm

kickstarter started in 2009 2015 now 6 years later what was he doing all this time ?
the more i talk about this game on this forum the les iam interested in it
i just need something to see :sad:
scroeffie

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:15 pm

scroeffie wrote: kickstarter started in 2009 2015 now 6 years later what was he doing all this time ?
the more i talk about this game on this forum the les iam interested in it
i just need something to see :sad:

Kickstarter was first introduced to Yu in 2013 if I am correct, not 2009, but someone feel free to step in there.
So that's two years. Don't forget Yu's company has been working on smaller budget games, so it's not like he hasn't been doing anything. Besides, research for a big project like Shenmue 3 takes time.
It's sad that you wait 15 years but won't give it a small amount of money and a little bit more time to see what's coming.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III