Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Go on, tell us.

My reaction at 3AM:

"Whaaaa?" *dozes off*

*next day*

"Ahhhh, what a nice dream..." *browses the internet* "WHAAAAAT?! NO WAY!" \:D/

Yours?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:18 pm

nuh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wut haha shieeeet
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:19 pm

well. i woke up and found 3 missed calls , i was sure something shenmue related happened (i also had a feeling about it) , open a local gaming site and found out about the kickstarter...i was like...no do not wake up , fall asleep again , you have to go to work in the morning... of course i could not do that. i woke up , turn on the pc and watched the announcement. i cried and then started to watch the funding rising...after that i watched some shenmue youtube videos (cried again , yes i am a ryo cry baby) , went to work , argue with 2 co workers that said shenmue was not a good game (haven't talked to them from that day :P ) and returned home to play shenmue 1 \:D/ \:D/
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

I was up from the start of the Sony conference until the announcement of it. I had read a few articles saying that S3 would be finally shown but like everyone else, I assumed people were just trolling. The picture of the forklift posted by Yu didn't really do much for me either.

I was losing faith by the time it was announced, especially since we were shown some small Indie games just before.
But.. as soon as that music started, I just kind of sat there gobsmacked. I didn't really take it all in, I had to rewatch the announcement a few times before I realized it was really happening. I was just completely overwhelmed. It really did feel as though I needed to pinch myself.

Joy turned to panic when I realized it was going to be funded through Kickstarter - what, no straight funding by Sony or any other big publisher? Damn it! So my first determination was to go and make a pledge - which I did by clicking straight off the Youtube stream and straight onto KS; donating a mere $300. I have upped it to $630 since then and hope to keep doing so before it ends.

My initial reaction to the announcement? As you could probably tell, completely stunned. I never seriously thought we'd see the day come. And now every day since I've been smiling to myself, knowing we'll finally get continuance and hopefully, closure.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:22 pm

It felt anti-climactic. I felt nothing. But it's had a bit of a snowball effect on me.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: It felt anti-climactic. I felt nothing. But it's had a bit of a snowball effect on me.

I can understand. I suppose it won't really hit you until you actually get to play the game and it lives up to the potential for you. It really has been so long.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby mrandyk » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:12 pm

I had a friend text me the news, and I was far to cynical to ever believe that this game was actually announced. After a brief period of rejoicing the euphoria wore off with the realization that a lot of work needs to be done in order for this to be the Shemue 3 we all want.

mrandyk has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Got a text message from afriend on my cell phone. I've not been into gaming anymore for like 6 or 7 years so I usually don't visit gaming websites. Clicked on the article my friend sent me. Checked the article's date. Not April 1st... Double-checked by visiting another gaming website and another one and another one. Found the Shenmue 3 announcement video from E3 on Youtube. Got goosebumps when Lan Di and Shenhua stood eye to eye, then tears in my eyes when Yu stepped on stage in front of the Shenmue 3 logo.Then I blew away my data volume for the entire month by streaming that video over and over again on my cell phone. :lol:

After that I got home, went on Kickstarter and found out that it had already exceeded two million and was actually close to three at that time. I thanked God again and then made my pledge. \:D/
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KleWdSide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:24 pm

I figured it was a prank.
KleWdSide

Postby Reprise » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:29 pm

I woke up at about 6:45am before my alarm usually goes off. I just had this funny feeling something good had happened at E3. So I went on my phone on the internet and saw something about Shenmue 3. My wife was in the shower at the time and I put my phone down, ran downstairs, loaded up my laptop (this news was too good to simply using my phone or my tablet) and watched the videos and saw the announcement. I went onto the Kickstarter and created an account and pledged straight away! I literally wanted to scream in happiness. The whole time my cat was pawing at me and winging for his breakfast :P

Then my wife came out the shower and wondered to know what was wrong with me (I am not a 'morning' person at all... lol), as it was completely out of character for me to get up that early. Then I spent all morning (and all lunch time and all after work) annoying her by going on and on about Shenmue 3 and how it's the greatest day of my life (second only to our wedding day) :P
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:32 pm

I couldn't believe it. They said it'd be there but I couldn't fucking believe it. I ended up crying right then and there, a happy cry.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Reprise wrote: Then I spent all morning (and all lunch time and all after work) annoying her by going on and on about Shenmue 3 and how it's the greatest day of my life (second only to our wedding day) :P

Good for you you didn't forget about the second part of the best day remark. :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:38 pm

I had a smile on my face the entirety of that Tuesday. :)
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:39 pm

I watched the Sony conference on a laptop in the middle of the night while I was visiting a buddy. Been keeping one eye on it while playing various games for a bit, watching closely whenever something new hit the screen on stage.

A few times I thought "this could be Shenmue" but it wasn't of course, like so many times before. Then the conference is coming to an end and I focus on it again to see what's coming up. The room goes dark, some mysterious clouds appear on the screen, the Shenmue theme starts to play and after 2 or 3 notes I yelled "DAS IST ES!" (this is it).

At that point I didn't know what it could be, HD or III. Then it goes on and they show the Shenmue III logo and then the trailer and I'm just sitting there looking at the screen like hypnotized. The funny thing is, I really wasn't paying close attention to what was said before about Kickstarter so I thought it would be an actual game announcement and I was actually a tiny bit disappointed that it's just the start of a Kickstarter.

Took until the end of the reveal until it really hit me and I ran and jump around the rooms in excitement. It really took some time to calm down. The sun was shining bright again when I finally forced myself to go to sleep.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Reprise » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Reprise wrote: Then I spent all morning (and all lunch time and all after work) annoying her by going on and on about Shenmue 3 and how it's the greatest day of my life (second only to our wedding day) :P

Good for you you didn't forget about the second part of the best day remark. :D

Actually, I'm sorry to say she had to give me a very grumpy face and correct me on that :lol:

Reprise has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III