OFFICIAL SHENMUEDOJO CAMPAIGN LEADERS

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

OFFICIAL SHENMUEDOJO CAMPAIGN LEADERS

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I've been looking at this place and Gaf from the backseat but the way you guys are going you won't hit the $10 million. I think we can all agree it should hit around $6 million just based on how it's going. The thing with the Bloodstained Kickstarter was they took control of the community and how they spread the word. Someone has to take charge of everyone and arrange something, set a calendar with what the community as a whole can do each day. One day tweet and the next day do something else. As it stands you have 200 people doing 150 different things. The Team Tu guys, Shenmue 500k, dojo members and Gaf members all have to come together under one roof and have a game plan. Not start a thread saying everyone tweet this hashtag and run off.

There are many sentiments like those above among the members of Dojo. We might need organization, just for the sake of efficiency. So I'm suggesting we create a poll to vote on OFFICIAL SHENMUEDOJO CAMPAIGN LEADERS. The leaders will gather input from all members into one unified topic (hopefully because we need to keep everything at one place), sort and put in writing priority tasks, delegate & designate specific people to handle essential "jobs"; And Dojo Representatives will then coordinate with other forums such as SHENMUE500K to get this all done as true teamwork.

This is my suggestion, but feel free to correct and implement on any of these ideas, just whatever to make this work, but we need to do it ASAP.

Anyone willing to step up and take charge? Hopefully older members? I'm willing to share the burden, but not alone.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Mr357
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: OFFICIAL SHENMUEDOJO CAMPAIGN LEADERS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Give me a PS4 or Xbox One and Arkham Knight n I'll do it.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Kenny
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:27 pm

The idea sounds good to me. Did you PM some of the "leading" members of the Dojo?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:50 pm

'leading members' are super quiet. something being organized in the background?
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:57 pm

i hope it is. and as i said in another threat i love the campaign leader idea.
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ys » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Ideally, initiatives like this should come from the people running the Kickstarter campaign I think. It seems like it would be easier for them to unite different communities. Besides NeoGAF etc. the people commenting on Kickstarter also have suggestions. Ys Net should make more use of their page as a central point. For example by being active in some of the discussions.
As for people reaching out from here. I'm mainly on this forum but some others here could reach out I guess?

ys has received a thanks from: Yama
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mystere » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:55 pm

ys wrote: Ideally, initiatives like this should come from the people running the Kickstarter campaign I think. It seems like it would be easier for them to unite different communities.

Ideally yes, it'd be nice and "easier" if Awesome Japan were running things, posting motivational updates every day, throwing in new tiers, adding a decent Shenmue intro video to procure new interest, and moving the Stretch Goals to the top of the page (seriously guys, WHY NOT?!). But beyond setting up the initial Kickstarter, FAQ, and advertising Yu's Reddit spot they're kinda just letting it run. As Shenmue Dojo, the biggest and most cohesive Shenmue community online, we should be fighting for more than that so it's on us to up the game.

We absolutely need some leadership to coordinate this, so we don't split our efforts 100 different ways.

Mystere has received 2 thanks from: Sonne2, Yokosuka
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:18 pm

The natural people for the job are the ones who have posting privileges on the dojos Facebook and 500ks Facebook and the Twitter for each. Anyone know the mods of those? Also are there any spots on the front page of the dojo for button ads? I can edit the $30 on the 3rd image into the correct size if I need to.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JohnBlack » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:22 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Give me a PS4 or Xbox One and Arkham Knight n I'll do it.

We have to start a new kickstarter for it.
JohnBlack

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:29 pm

JohnBlack wrote:

I'll only donate if Awesome Japan manages it.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JohnBlack » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
JohnBlack wrote:

yea, we need another kickstarter to hire awesome japan, i heard that this guys are real beasts in kickstarter campaigins
JohnBlack

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:35 pm

JohnBlack wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote:
JohnBlack wrote:

yea, we need another kickstarter to hire awesome japan, i heard that this guys are real beasts in kickstarter campaigins

We could use the $3.5 million we've raised to hire them. I'm sure we'll get a return and profit in no time!
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:57 pm

I've also seen individual people doing a good job correcting misinformation in several comment sections actually. Having a few people spread out over different sites with well thought out posts can certainly also help.

A few questions. Who will mainly lead? Shenmue Dojo? What if different forums prefer slightly different approaches? For this to work optimally, other forums would preferably also have representatives of their own. Otherwise there's a risk that the effectiveness of one side gets lost a bit if the other side isn't as structured.

That's partly why I mentioned that Ys Net should take charge. Not because we can't try things too. But just because people listen more to authority. No matter which area of life, if you have someone unknown or less popular come with a great idea, few will listen initially. But have someone popular or with authority say the same thing and people will pay more attention or take action much faster. The latter case is Ys Net.
Maybe that's one of the things that we could do : have several people contact them simultaneously with ideas and suggestions that people agreed on. This way the risk of them missing suggestions might be slightly lower.

By the way, I thought that the Reddit session went quite well actually, despite not being fully coordinated.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:58 pm

A few friends of mine want to tweet out messages about Shenmue III, despite not being fans themselves. What exactly should they tweet out and which hashtags should they use?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Depends on what the target of the tweet is. If it's to the general population is tweet about raising funds for a cool video game.

If it's to Shenmue fans they've surely heard of the kickstarter and ready donated. So I'd focus on the $30 on the 3rd.

I would do both at different times of the day so the second doesn't canabalize views from the first. But Twitter has a very short shel-life. Facebook is a little longer.

I'm not sure about hashtags as I'm not big on Twitter.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III