An idea for people who want to donate with PayPal

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

An idea for people who want to donate with PayPal

Postby Phong » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:55 am

I've been thinking about what I can do to earn more money for the kickstarter and realized I have some Shenmue merchandise I can sell. I could sell it to people who want to donate to the kickstarter but for whatever reason cannot. Maybe they don't have a credit card. I can then assure them that I will personally donate money from the sale to the kickstarter through my own account.

Of course the most direct route is to just give money to someone with a credit card who can then donate to the kickstarter but then you're not getting like rewards in return.

I have three Shenmue music CD albums that are right now going for quite a lot of money on eBay. One is $150 and the orchestral is $80. I have those *and* the Juke Box CD which appears to be quite rare. Who knows how much that is worth?

I also have a collector's issue of TV Guide with Shenmue on the cover (yeah) which could sell for a lot.

Unfortunately that's about all I have, but it's an idea for people who only have PayPal.
Phong
Master of the Three Blades

Re: An idea for people who want to donate with PayPal

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:02 am

I had actually thought about going this route a few days ago, having people donate into my Paypal account and then pledging it straight to the Kickstarter. The problem with this however is getting enough exposure to the people wanting to donate via Paypal and then there's the element of trust. I think the people running the Kickstarter just need to add it already. It's a simple option and not even hard to add.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Phong » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 am

There are a lot of other things I've been meaning to sell that I no longer need, things like blu rays, dvds. Is there a place on Shenmue Dojo where I could post my auctions? 100% of what I earn would go to fund Shenmue III.
Phong

Postby scroeffie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:50 am

iam not going to sel my dreamcast shenmue 1 and 2 not sir :D
scroeffie
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:38 am

I don't think adding a Paypal option would make that much of a difference for the Kickstarter. It might get like an extra 100,000 but it won't make a difference worth millions. Most people who don't have a credit card have at least a family member or a friend with a credit card. If I didn't have my own credit card I would have just asked a friend to use theirs and paid my friend in cash. No big deal.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Phong » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Okay, here are my two auctions.

Shenmue TV Guide
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/141701837579

3 Shenmue Music Albums (OST, Juke Box, Orchestral)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/141701855647

100% of what I get will go to the kickstarter, same with all my other auctions until the kickstarter is over!
Phong

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I don't think adding a Paypal option would make that much of a difference for the Kickstarter. It might get like an extra 100,000 but it won't make a difference worth millions.

$100,000 is $100,000, every bit helps! ;-)

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Phong
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III