Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on KS!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am

Congrats Jibby!
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Mr357 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:41 am

That's a real bummer that you had to cut out the arcade footage, but congratulations nonetheless! I hope it's not too late.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Drakul » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:07 am

It was a good video, much better than the AJ trailer but it's a shame that the Shenmue 3 footage towards the end is choppy. Not sure why since the original footage doens't stutter.
Also felt the cut after Yu's sentence just a tad abrupt.

But like I said still much better than the kickstarter trailer.
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades

Postby joka » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 am

Go on Jibby! Made it on to the Kickstarter page which means Yu has seen it.... Did they reach out to you on YouTube? Dish the dirt!
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 am

Video is fantastic. Good job, Jibby!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:04 am

Wow, congrats, but talk about lazy..... :D
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon St. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 am

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed? It's a good video (edit could have been better) but AJ shouldn't promise things if they can't deliver.

What's Shenmue?

The finishing touches are being put on the new video to help spread the good word of Shenmue. There have been lots of great ideas and fan videos already out there and we would like to use them all if we could! But we have some great footage on the way to let everyone know about our favorite video game of all time.

Dragon St. has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Dragon St.

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:14 am

Dragon St. wrote: Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed? It's a good video (edit could have been better) but AJ shouldn't promise things if they can't deliver.

What's Shenmue?

The finishing touches are being put on the new video to help spread the good word of Shenmue. There have been lots of great ideas and fan videos already out there and we would like to use them all if we could! But we have some great footage on the way to let everyone know about our favorite video game of all time.

Thats what they said like 7-10 days ago right?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon St. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:45 am

Also, this whole thing feels a bit unfair to the guy (Dreamcaster Tube) who originally recorded and edited all the footage from Shenmue I and II. That must have been many hours of work, only to see someone else taking the credits.
Dragon St.

Postby Three Blades » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:29 am

"These goals can ONLY be achieved through the Kickstarter."

Hum, I'm pretty sure that Yu Suzuki will continue to seek funding even after the kickstarter has ended. The Paypal option will probably be one of those sources. Don't lose hope even if it ends up being only 5 or 6 millions- he still has enough time to continue getting funding after that. I'm confident that he won't give up so easily on his dream of making the perfect Shenmue game even if the KS only goes halfway to 10 millions (though I'm sure it would make his job a hell of a lot easier if it did reach it.)
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 am

Thank you guys for the congratulations. I will also address some of the things being asked.

Joel Tess from Awesome reached out to me via Youtube Messages and told me that Yu Suzuki had seen my video and loved it and that he wanted to use it on the Kickstarter page. Once I emailed him about it and said I'd love to do that, my video was shown to SEGA who requested that the arcade footage was taken out and that copyright notices were put in. (I also received request to change the logo but I'm unsure if that's Sega's doing of if it's a personal choice of Yu Suzuki). Once the final version was made I emailed it to Joel Tess who put it up on the page.

I was in touch with Dreamcaster's Tube when I first put the original video up and he said that he's ok with people using his footage as long as they credit him in the description. I'm not taking credit for his work.

"These goals can only be achieved through Kickstarter" is to encourage people to pledge and clear up the fact that Sony and others contributions likely wont be enough to cover any stretch goals.

Anyway, thank you guys for the amazing words. I never thought it would get this far and I feel really honored to be acknowledged by Yu Suzuki and Awesome Japan :D

Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:59 am

Sorry I made you waste your time with the arcade footage only to see it get pulled, congrats on winning Suzuki-san's favour, though!
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 am

Jibby wrote: Thank you guys for the congratulations. I will also address some of the things being asked.

Joel Tess from Awesome reached out to me via Youtube Messages and told me that Yu Suzuki had seen my video and loved it and that he wanted to use it on the Kickstarter page. Once I emailed him about it and said I'd love to do that, my video was shown to SEGA who requested that the arcade footage was taken out and that copyright notices were put in. (I also received request to change the logo but I'm unsure if that's Sega's doing of if it's a personal choice of Yu Suzuki). Once the final version was made I emailed it to Joel Tess who put it up on the page.

I was in touch with Dreamcaster's Tube when I first put the original video up and he said that he's ok with people using his footage as long as they credit him in the description. I'm not taking credit for his work.

"These goals can only be achieved through Kickstarter" is to encourage people to pledge and clear up the fact that Sony and others contributions likely wont be enough to cover any stretch goals.

Anyway, thank you guys for the amazing words. I never thought it would get this far and I feel really honored to be acknowledged by Yu Suzuki and Awesome Japan :D

Congrats man, you are part of Shenmue's history now, it must feel special! =D>

That said, Sega is fucking stupid and it needs to burn in hell, what harm would have done to keep the removed footage?

Not to mention that if they actually helped with the Kickstarter we would be swimming in money now.....imagine if Yu Suzuki had Sega's permission to put old Sega games in Shenmue 3 as a stretch goal, effectively making Shenmue 3 both a game and a collection of retro games.... it's a no brainer, but they are too fucking stupid. ](*,)
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 am

Amir wrote: Sorry I made you waste your time with the arcade footage only to see it get pulled, congrats on winning Suzuki-san's favour, though!

Nah, it looked good and people are still sharing the original version outside of Kickstarter, so it's still doing its job :)
But honestly, I just about started crying when I saw that Yu Suzuki himself loved my video!

Jibby has received a thanks from: Amir
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Three Blades » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 am

It really does a great job of conveying what Shenmue is though! Makes you wonder why YsNet didn't make a similar video showing a bunch of scenes from Shenmue 1 and 2?
I kinda wish they'd used the Official Dreamcast Magazine's demo disk trailer just for nostalgia, it's the video that introduced me to Shenmue and made me think "this has got to be the best game ever". And I was right... and still think so 16 years later :D
Hopefully your video will also cause new fans to at least want to try them out!
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III