Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on KS!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on K

Postby johnvivant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:04 am

the only thing i noticed in the video is that the stretch goals shown only go up to 5 million. it probably would have been better to have shown them up to 10 or at least 7.

really great work jibby. this is one of the coolest things for campaign that came from the community.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 am

johnvivant wrote: the only thing i noticed in the video is that the stretch goals shown only go up to 5 million. it probably would have been better to have shown them up to 10 or at least 7.

really great work jibby. this is one of the coolest things for campaign that came from the community.

I was considering it, but I would have had to redesign that part of the video to fit them all in and I didn't want to make any drastic changes to the version that Yu Suzuki and Joel Tess had already seen. But thank you for the kind words :)
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby 7heavens » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:25 am

Congrats Jibby! Well done!

I'm just curious, are Awsome Japan going to release another video (as the 'Main Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Video'), or are they just going to leave the one they have up which was featured at E3?
7heavens
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:49 am

7heavens wrote: Congrats Jibby! Well done!

I'm just curious, are Awsome Japan going to release another video (as the 'Main Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Video'), or are they just going to leave the one they have up which was featured at E3?

I guess at this point they won't add a third video...
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks! I'm not sure if they're going to release another video. They said they were putting the finishing touches on a new video before they reached out to me. Whether or not they were referring to getting in touch with me about my video I don't know (but I wouldn't assume so).
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 7heavens » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:38 am

Jibby did u make the revisions to your kick starter video or was it awesome Japan?
7heavens

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:41 am

7heavens wrote: Jibby did u make the revisions to your kick starter video or was it awesome Japan?

Awesome Japan sent me a list of revisions that were requested by SEGA. I made the revisions and then re-uploaded it :)
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:41 am

It's a great video, Jibby. Nicely done. I wish they'd uploaded it two weeks ago, but that's beside the point.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby 7heavens » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:53 am

Jibby wrote:

Thanks! I'm not sure if they're going to release another video. They said they were putting the finishing touches on a new video before they reached out to me. Whether or not they were referring to getting in touch with me about my video I don't know (but I wouldn't assume so).
Jibby wrote:
7heavens wrote: Jibby did u make the revisions to your kick starter video or was it awesome Japan?

Awesome Japan sent me a list of revisions that were requested by SEGA. I made the revisions and then re-uploaded it :)

It seems they were working on another video then. What finishing touches were they doing and for which video. Could not have been your video as you revised it. So maybe we can expect an upgraded main kick starter video. Makes sense to have it up by Friday so people are enticed to spend their hard earned weekly wage. :-)
7heavens

Postby redline » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:03 pm

well done jibby.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:08 pm

7heavens wrote:
It seems they were working on another video then. What finishing touches were they doing and for which video. Could not have been your video as you revised it. So maybe we can expect an upgraded main kick starter video. Makes sense to have it up by Friday so people are enticed to spend their hard earned weekly wage. :-)

Good point. They'll very likely be using a 3rd party to make their promotional videos so there are a lot of scenarios that are possible:
They might be having communication problems (timezones can be tricky, most of my emails to Joel Tess were sent at about 2am so that I could get a fast reply), the 3rd party might be behind schedule, or they are simply waiting until Friday like you said.
Hopefully we'll see it soon though!

Jibby has received a thanks from: James Brown
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Nice work! Hopefully this can attract some new fans :D
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:50 pm

I really doubt they're spending time and money on a new video with seven days to go. I'd like to think they are, but I have a feeling Jibby's video is what they came up with. Personally, I don't imagine a new video would make much of a difference at this point.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Coxy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:22 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I really doubt they're spending time and money on a new video with seven days to go. I'd like to think they are, but I have a feeling Jibby's video is what they came up with. Personally, I don't imagine a new video would make much of a difference at this point.

the last few days is a good time for a new video actually, there's usually one last burst of backers in the last few days and this could poush a lot of them over the edge into supporting it
Coxy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Locke_cole » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Well done Jibby
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III