Shenmue III needs its first episodes in a remastered edition

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III needs its first episodes in a remastered edition

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:10 am

Hi everyone, I'm brazilian and here at Brazil, a loooot o people are throwing stones in this kickstarter project... most of them doing this by missinformation about the game.

I think that in order to get more funds for Shenmue III, it is critical that a remastered edition of 1 and 2 must be made.

It doesn't need to be a "super polished remasterization"... just HD resolution in 16:9 it fine... it would bring more fans around the world and with the money of the sells, make more funds for the III.

Sega could earn a small cash in this too...

Thats what I think.
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue III needs its first episodes in a remastered edi

Postby James Brown » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:26 am

In all honesty, I think Sega should embrace this moment whilst the company can. There's alot of promise here that in my eyes can only serve to aid them. They don't even have to do any work if they don't need to, obviously they are probably already getting a small % since they own the Shenmue license, but it's great publicity for them to get involved abit aswell. They could bring something like $5 mil to the table, like just bang in it in the Kickstarter project :D. Joking aside though, if they get involved a little, they can get their logo credited to the game again, get other franchises more screen time at the same time. The capsule toys have always been of classic Sega characters and stuff, they could really go to town on it this time, maybe add some horrible Sonic Boom toys into the mix, anything to promote their characters again. Imagine a Bayonetta figure popping out of a machine :D, would be awesome.

Firstly though, yea, they should definitely push Shenmue 1 and 2 HD remasters now, that would instantly boost Segas profile again, and maybe a little bit too obvious, but because of the definite release of Shenmue 3...duh, it would definitely bring in money for Sega, because so many people are unable to catch up with the Story properly right now. It's not an if or situation anymore, Shenmue 3 is definitely happening, and Sega would be absolutely fucking stupid to not take atleast some advantage of the situation.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby spinksy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:32 am

I agree but this is Sega we're talking about ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby Reprise » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:34 am

You're not the first person to say this, but unfortunately that's down to Sega. Sega have nothing to do with Shenmue 3, other than giving the licence to Yu Suzuki.

This is the same Sega that now concentrate more on mobile games. The same Sega that would rather give us Sonic Boom 2 (aka the worst Sonic game ever, both in terms of sales and fan and critical response). The same sega that we're still waiting on to give Western audiences Yakuza 5. The same Sega that refuse to give the west Phantasy Star Nova or Online 2.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby NismoZZzz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am

The way I see it is SEGA could release digital releases of the original two. I remember years back it cost them roughly $800,000 to translate Yakuza 3 for a U.S. release. That game was huge at the time so what's stopping them for putting minimal costs on a smaller developer to merely change the button inputs an port it to another console. I can see it happening especially if Sony decides to push them as they did with Yakuza 5.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:16 pm

The best chance of getting Shenmue HD is this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47919
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Return to Shenmue III