Things that get on your proverbial tits

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Click bait.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Miles Prower, SaM_4000, Yama
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jibby » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 pm

Peter wrote: Click bait.

"Peter HATES them! Find out how these clickbaiters are driving Ireland's Biggest Shenmue Fan insane with this one clever trick!"

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Peter
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 pm

-Working with middle aged Japanese women.
-Old Japanese guys at construction sites who stare at me.
-People who constantly fucking complain about everything

Axm has received a thanks from: ys
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Namron_Bearded » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:04 am

Things that get on my proverbial tits ? Everything and nothing at the same time... because I'm a man of wisdom :mrgreen:

I'm most concerned about little things than big one ; I can understand how fucked up is the society of today, because I lived long enough to make a self judgment about this, and the truth is that society is evolving and we don't accept it. The last thing that can change our society is a civil war, a revolution, or another WW.

If I get angry about something, it's almost a futile purpose and it doesn't last long. Like why people really liked Jurassic World, that kind of things... :mrgreen:

Yeah, fucking click bait. These people who make that should be send in prison forever.

Namron_Bearded has received a thanks from: ys
Namron_Bearded
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: F-Zero GP Legend

Postby ys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:02 am

Axm wrote:Old Japanese guys at construction sites who stare at me.

Too good looking for your own good? Do they whistle?

Axm wrote:People who constantly fucking complain about everything

Well, disregarding my little list earlier, I agree :P It's not like I'm going on about that stuff all the time.

Namron_Bearded wrote:The last thing that can change our society is a civil war, a revolution, or another WW.

With the addition maybe of huge natural disasters. Like those huge meteorites that hit Earth from time to time, or when the Sun is dying it expands and will scorch everything here.

I actually forgot that in my list. Those "The (random number) reasons why etc. etc." I've seen numbers like 53 or something with the most absurd things listed that hardly had any connection to the title.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:20 am

Nerds -- the kind that spout pop-culture references and memes and look at me like I'm supposed to laugh or "acknowledge their nerdiness".

Also, people who cry from physical injuries.

Thief has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 am

People suddenly becoming a Kickstarter expert / somehow have become able to see the future in relation to Shenmue 3.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, NismoZZzz
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 am

Peter wrote: People suddenly becoming a Kickstarter expert / somehow have become able to see the future in relation to Shenmue 3.

You seem troubled, would you like me to read your fortune then? It's 300 yen per reading...

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 am

Twats at the gym who sit at the machine for an eternity playing on their phones or taking *ugh* selfies...matter of fact, add 'selfie-sticks' to the list as well, still can't believe we live in a world where those are a thing...
And people being glued to their mobile phones in general, really. As a support worker/carer myself nothing pisses me off more than seeing colleagues piss about on their phone rather than pay attention to the people they are paid to engage with and look after :(

Miles Prower has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Axm
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby SaM_4000 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:38 am

People from a privileged background giving average Joe's advice on how to become successful.

Specifically, I was reading am article just a few days ago about someone someone aged 24 who made millions "on their own" yet, if you read the article this person had inherited $50, 000 from their grandmother, was also getting $125 a month from their wealthy parents( who they were still living with) all whilst getting a healthy income from work. Even after reading all that the article had the audacity to include this persons "10 helpful tips"...

As you can gather I also hate clickbait articles.

SaM_4000 has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Sonikku, ys
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:12 am

SaM_4000 wrote: People from a privileged background giving average Joe's advice on how to become successful.

We have a couple of known teenage bloggers here who all started with blogs focusing on fashion and what they had for dinner that day. Eventually, some became "entrepreneurs" and owned several companies, bragged about it, got paid to tour the country as motivational speakers telling others how to take charge of your life etc.

So you get amazed for a second, check a huge forum over here and find out that in each case, rich parents were behind it. In some cases basically as a marketing ploy to get lots of traffic to those blogs.

By the way, I've been wondering about your avatar the last two days. From which game is that? I tried to place it and suddenly Lands of Lore popped up in my mind. Probably the art style and I remember being in an inn. Really atmospheric game.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bambi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

People cruising on the outside lanes when I want to overtake them. Don't really think this needs an explanation.

Peter wrote: People suddenly becoming a Kickstarter expert / somehow have become able to see the future in relation to Shenmue 3.

The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has been pretty badly handled tbf. It's been a very authentic Shenmue experience for all the wrong reasons.

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, MiTT3NZ
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:08 pm

You guys have channelled quite a few of mine already. To add and expand though;

I definitely agree with the "hive mind" thing on FB and in comment sections of Youtube/news websites where blatantly wrong and opinionated bollocks gets hundreds of likes/thumbs up. The wrongness itself only bothers me slightly, the fact that so many others have agreed, and on top of that the hangers on who will have also done so only because they want to be "one of the group", annoys me much more though. A second of independent thought is all it takes. Hive mind examples that made me particularly apoplectic with rage:

Jeremy Clarkson made some off-hand comment about people on strike facing the bullet a few years back. He is someone known for making stupid comments like that, but regardless, the 300 or so complaints that landed when he *first* said it weren't that surprising, since I think it was teachers he was talking about. Over the next few days though, well after the incident itself had run its course, the media decided to make a big issue out of it, and people who hadn't even seen it, just read the story, decided to also complain, I think the number got bumped into the thousands after the media had flogged it.

For ages there was a story bouncing around FB about how a disabled person got booted out of a Sainsbury's cafe. It got shared a crazy number of times. I'm almost 100% sure the story is BS, a huge public-facing and image-conscious company like Sainsbury's would NEVER do anything like that. There was no proof in the story like a link to a news article, so in my mind, the story was probably made up by some cunt who had been caught shoplifting in Sainsbury's, who decided to get his own back by fabricating some story about how Sainsbury's hates disabled people and letting it rip through the share buttons of the wilfully dull and self-righteous personality trait that a large part of the hive mind seems to thrive on...
I don't hate FB itself, it is merely a communications tool, but yeah, even people I actually like in real life post this stuff sometimes.

Following the above, I definitely hate most news outlets. They thrive on bullshit exaggerated headlines (like, literally every year "This winter is gonna be worse than anything you've ever seen!"), and I hate the way that millions seem to buy into it and believe it (related to hive mind). Bigoted papers like The Sun and The Daily Mail shouldn't be allowed to exist!

I get annoyed by people who put their card in the ATM machine more than once, when I'm behind them in the queue.

St. Elmo's Fire has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, MiTT3NZ
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:17 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: You guys have channelled quite a few of mine already. To add and expand though;

I definitely agree with the "hive mind" thing on FB and in comment sections of Youtube/news websites where blatantly wrong and opinionated bollocks gets hundreds of likes/thumbs up. The wrongness itself only bothers me slightly, the fact that so many others have agreed, and on top of that the hangers on who will have also done so only because they want to be "one of the group", annoys me much more though. A second of independent thought is all it takes. Hive mind examples that made me particularly apoplectic with rage:

Jeremy Clarkson made some off-hand comment about people on strike facing the bullet a few years back. He is someone known for making stupid comments like that, but regardless, the 300 or so complaints that landed when he *first* said it weren't that surprising, since I think it was teachers he was talking about. Over the next few days though, well after the incident itself had run its course, the media decided to make a big issue out of it, and people who hadn't even seen it, just read the story, decided to also complain, I think the number got bumped into the thousands after the media had flogged it.

For ages there was a story bouncing around FB about how a disabled person got booted out of a Sainsbury's cafe. It got shared a crazy number of times. I'm almost 100% sure the story is BS, a huge public-facing and image-conscious company like Sainsbury's would NEVER do anything like that. There was no proof in the story like a link to a news article, so in my mind, the story was probably made up by some cunt who had been caught shoplifting in Sainsbury's, who decided to get his own back by fabricating some story about how Sainsbury's hates disabled people and letting it rip through the share buttons of the wilfully dull and self-righteous personality trait that a large part of the hive mind seems to thrive on...
I don't hate FB itself, it is merely a communications tool, but yeah, even people I actually like in real life post this stuff sometimes.

Following the above, I definitely hate most news outlets. They thrive on bullshit exaggerated headlines (like, literally every year "This winter is gonna be worse than anything you've ever seen!"), and I hate the way that millions seem to buy into it and believe it (related to hive mind). Bigoted papers like The Sun and The Daily Mail shouldn't be allowed to exist!

I'm not some kind of social justice warrior or anything but the amount of thinly veiled racism that makes it onto my news feed is a legitmate cause for concern.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:I get annoyed by people who put their card in the ATM machine more than once, when I'm behind them in the queue.

Haha, I remember about 10 years ago you said that you didn't like people that only lift a tenner from the ATM when you're behind them in the queue.

Bambi has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 pm

SaM_4000 wrote: People from a privileged background giving average Joe's advice on how to become successful.

Specifically, I was reading am article just a few days ago about someone someone aged 24 who made millions "on their own" yet, if you read the article this person had inherited $50, 000 from their grandmother, was also getting $125 a month from their wealthy parents( who they were still living with) all whilst getting a healthy income from work. Even after reading all that the article had the audacity to include this persons "10 helpful tips"...

As you can gather I also hate clickbait articles.

Money is very easy to make when you have money. It's just getting that first bit that's hard as hell.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic