Saying Goodbye to Joy?

(Chapters 3-6)

Saying Goodbye to Joy?

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Before leaving for Kowloon you are told to thank all the people who helped you.

In every play through of the game, I was never able to find Joy. When she appears in Kowloon and tells me I "never said goodbye", I always feel ashamed.

Is there any way to find her? I checked a few places, obviously including Worker's Pier but by this time her bike is nowhere to be seen.

:sad:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Saying Goodbye to Joy?

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 pm

No you cannot say goodbye to her because she will always call you out on it during that cutscene in Kowloon and there's no way around it

JaySw34 has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 pm

JaySw34 wrote: No you cannot say goodbye to her because she will always call you out on it during that cutscene in Kowloon

So we're forced to feel guilty! Nice haha
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Yeah I've tried finding her before. But I believe it even says in the players guide that she'll be nowhere to be found unfortunately
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly, but last time I played it, I do remember going to the arcade, seeing her bike outside, yet when I spoke to her the conversation didn't go as I expected it to. I do remember tryna be a smartarse by making sure I saw her before I left (made sure I saw everyone before I left), but I'm on the fence as to whether or not these two events coincided.

Ah well, either way she'll be a bitch, despite the fact she never leaves Ryo her phone number or address. "Oh, sorry Joy, couldn't find which street corner you were workin that day."

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: JaySw34, OL, TwiceFriedRice
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly, but last time I played it, I do remember going to the arcade, seeing her bike outside, yet when I spoke to her the conversation didn't go as I expected it to.

Was it that conversation regarding Guizhang? I was only able to get that conversation once :sad:

MiTT3NZ wrote: Ah well, either way she'll be a bitch, despite the fact she never leaves Ryo her phone number or address. "Oh, sorry Joy, couldn't find which street corner you were workin that day."

:lol:
Wasn't her father a mayor of Hong Kong or something? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I have no idea if it's true.
The fact mostly every small fry or petty crook seems in some way intimidated by her (like the Poison Brothers, or the photographer in Fortune's Pier), I always assumed she was connected to a higher authority. That or not everyone's idea of fun in the sack is the same as Joy's :twisted:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:54 pm

I was thinking about conversations with Joy earlier today.

You can't say goodbye to her as you do with the other characters, but I think you can find her. The conversation doesn't mention any good-byes, though.

And how do I trigger the conversation about Gui Zhang and Master Chen? I seem to recall it happening in the arcade...
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:06 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:And how do I trigger the conversation about Gui Zhang and Master Chen? I seem to recall it happening in the arcade...

It happened in Worker's Pier for myself, she was stood to the left of the pier as you enter, just past the stalls. I'd love to know how to trigger it again too!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
Lan Di-sama wrote:And how do I trigger the conversation about Gui Zhang and Master Chen? I seem to recall it happening in the arcade...

It happened in Worker's Pier for myself, she was stood to the left of the pier as you enter, just past the stalls. I'd love to know how to trigger it again too!

I also can't remember if there is just one conversation, or two. For some reason I think there are two, one about Gui Zhang and one about Master Chen, but it doesn't make sense for them not to discuss both at the same time. I think my memory is just failing me. I'll dig around later!
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:
Sonoshee wrote:

I also can't remember if there is just one conversation, or two. For some reason I think there are two, one about Gui Zhang and one about Master Chen, but it doesn't make sense for them not to discuss both at the same time. I think my memory is just failing me. I'll dig around later!

You're right! They do have two separate discussions about Master Chen and Guizhang, in the Pine Arcade (first link) and at Worker's Pier :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5mqpgM-O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4y9S_isBCs

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Lan Di-sama
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:21 am

If you haven't triggered the Chen/Gui Zhang conversation beforehand, you can do so on the day Ryo says goodbye to everyone, (if I remember rightly she's found looking out to the ocean in Fortune's Pier), but he still won't say goodbye to her :P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Supa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:35 am

Yeah, I could find her, but he won't say goodbye.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 am

Sonoshee wrote: Wasn't her father a mayor of Hong Kong or something? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I have no idea if it's true.
The fact mostly every small fry or petty crook seems in some way intimidated by her (like the Poison Brothers, or the photographer in Fortune's Pier), I always assumed she was connected to a higher authority. That or not everyone's idea of fun in the sack is the same as Joy's :twisted:

Her father was a major businessman who also did work for Five Stars Corp. and probably Chen's Trades too.
-
-
-
As for saying goodbye, Ive looked into it before and there are no "Goodbye" lines but you can find her to speak to her.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Return to Shenmue II