Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

Postby bikingjehuty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)

bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

Postby Monkei » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:17 pm

i feel you man.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Centrale » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm

I think it just goes to show how much people care about the series. They want it to be the best it can possibly be. Personally, I'm over the moon that this is happening. And no matter what, I consider this Kickstarter to already be a huge success. Do I hope for even more? Of course. But I'm not going to let any expectations lead me into disappointment. The fact is, we are experiencing a dream come true.

Centrale has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm

bikingjehuty wrote:
I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

He did say it will be story focused experience with just 2M, it may or may not be crappy, but I certainly wouldn't want that. I didn't wait 14 years just to end up with a bare-bones Shenmue-lite that's there to shut the fans up by continuing the story. I want a Shenmue game that stands up to it's predecessors, in gameplay, story, atmosphere, etc... If not, I'm happy with it remaining a dream forever.

Also, at this point, I've seen more people bitch about people bitching, than people actually bitching.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jokatech19 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

I was hoping it would just be a universally available digital download. That would be practical and cheaper for all involved.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm half with you. Don't reckon he can make a genuinely good Shenmue game with $3.5m though. I defo don't have faith in that.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Ah what would life be without complaining, ranting and whatever. Without it there wouldn't be much discussion and arguing at all i guess. And especially about a game which has not even entered development yet there's so much room for speculation and legends. Talk about high expectations and loads of fear that everyone could have his or her personal expectations disappointed. I guess all of us knew that some discussions like these would come up sooner or later. The rumours keep us busy until we got the facts. Always been this way. Shenmue... Shenmue never changes...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:55 pm

bikingjehuty wrote:I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version."

This is what has actually p*ssed me off the most. People are quick to forget we have just been given a life line.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ratrace » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:59 pm

I don't want a Shenmue game less than 10 mil if that's what Yu needs to make it the full installment experience.
Rather not have any game than some basic story just for closure.

Not knowing what happens to Lan Di is legendary at this point and I'm fine with leaving it like that.
ratrace
Asia Travel Representative

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:08 pm

Shenmue III is gonna happen and it will have a budget above $10M, be it on kickstarter or post kickstarter via paypal.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby myshtuff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:09 pm

ratrace wrote: I don't want a Shenmue game less than 10 mil if that's what Yu needs to make it the full installment experience.
Rather not have any game than some basic story just for closure.

Not knowing what happens to Lan Di is legendary at this point and I'm fine with leaving it like that.

Then don't play it when it comes out. Simple as that.

myshtuff has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, The_Intruder
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ratrace » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 pm

myshtuff wrote:Then don't play it when it comes out. Simple as that.

Why the attack? :???:
ratrace

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 pm

It'd be interesting to see what percentage of this forum has actually backed the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's under 25%. Lots of talk, little action. I already saw someone claim he won't pledge because he's anti-Kickstarter. Whaaaaaaaatever.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:15 pm

^The moment PayPal becomes an option I bet I back a lot more then you have mate.

I'm partly concerned about what kind of game we're getting. I 50% think it could be more of what we got before which I'd love but I think there's a 50% chance it could be a very watered down experience which will concern me. I didn't want SEGA to even make the game for awhile based on their recent output as I felt they could ruin the series. As Yu hasn't released a game since Shenmue II I'm not sure what we will get from him in 2017 and that both excites and worries me.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ratrace » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Riku Rose wrote: ^The moment PayPal becomes an option I bet I back a lot more then you have mate.

I'm partly concerned about what kind of game we're getting. I 50% think it could be more of what we got before which I'd love but I think there's a 50% chance it could be a very watered down experience which will concern me. I didn't want SEGA to even make the game for awhile based on their recent output as I felt they could ruin the series. As Yu hasn't released a game since Shenmue II I'm not sure what we will get from him in 2017 and that both excites and worries me.

[-X

myshtuff wrote:

Then don't play it when it comes out. Simple as that.
ratrace

Next

Return to Shenmue III