shenmue 3 kickstarter result (vote)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

shenmue 3 kickstarter will raise... (Total votes: 59)

3.5 million dollars
No votes
4 million dollars
No votes
4.5 million dollars
7%
5 million dollars
14%
5.5 million dollars
27%
6 million dollars
22%
6.5 million dollars
8%
7 million dollars
8%
7.5 million dollars
3%
8 millions dollars
No votes
8.5 million dollars
2%
9 million dollars
No votes
9.5 million dollars
No votes
10 million dollars
5%
10+ million dollars
3%

shenmue 3 kickstarter result (vote)

Postby redline » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 pm

i would like to put it to a vote, how much do you guys think will be raised via the kickstarter for shenmue 3.

(to the nearest 1/2 a million dollars )
Last edited by redline on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: shenmue 3 kickstarter result (vote)

Postby NeoShredder » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Last edited by NeoShredder on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeoShredder has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, redline
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 pm

There'll be a significant spike on the third, and data from previous, similar Kickstarter projects point to the last few days of the campaign being similar to - if not more successful than - the first three. Although I can't see it surpassing the announcement period, I can see it being enough for us to get slightly over the 5mil mark.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Supa » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:29 pm

I think we will definitely see at least $6 million. My hope is that we shatter $10 million. But who knows...
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 pm

I just can't believe it will only be at 5.5 feel a lot of you are simply wrong.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Another one of these threads... ](*,) :-& :-"
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ElephantStone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: I just can't believe it will only be at 5.5 feel a lot of you are simply wrong.

You're in for a rude awakening if you're expecting it to get much more than that.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby rome » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:20 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: There'll be a significant spike on the third, and data from previous, similar Kickstarter projects point to the last few days of the campaign being similar to - if not more successful than - the first three. Although I can't see it surpassing the announcement period, I can see it being enough for us to get slightly over the 5mil mark.

I hope the last week or so go pretty well. I'm with ya on slightly over 5.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm

ElephantStone wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: I just can't believe it will only be at 5.5 feel a lot of you are simply wrong.

You're in for a rude awakening if you're expecting it to get much more than that.

I honestly don't see why. A ton of people are just waiting for more tiers or some kind of annoucement before they even make a pledge at all. It will be near 5 million or more before 3 days to go. then it will gain near 2 million over the last two days easily. I think a lot of you are really underestimating shenmue.

If the KS had been handled better it would already be at 5 imo

It's a little sad to see this place start to believe the funding is pretty much done. Just needs some tiers and even Yu seems to believe it will reach 10 million. So, I really hope we can get it there.

for those of you saying 5.5 million, please explain that... it makes no sense at all.

we are now at 3.6 million even if it only gets an average of "20,000" over the next 20 days that would put it at 4 million, and it can;'t get another 1.5 million in the last two days.

Now, I don't even believe it will be as low as 20,000 day average for the next 20 days. So, I simply don't see how it will be lower than 6 million.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ElephantStone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:If the KS had been handled better it would already be at 5 imo

If the KS had been handled properly, I genuinely think it would have had a decent shot at making $10M.

Jackie Fhan wrote:for those of you saying 5.5 million, please explain that... it makes no sense at all.

I'm basing my estimation off of kicktraqs of some of the most recent big video game KSs in comparison to Shenmue III's so far.

Look at the daily data here: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet ... hart-daily

Now compare that to the following:

Bloodstained: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/iga/b ... hart-daily

Yooka-Laylee: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/playt ... hart-daily

Mighty No. 9: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mighty ... hart-daily

Now sure, Shenmue III blows all 3 of them out of the water in the first few days, but you have to remember that it was announced on the biggest video games platform of the year - Shenmue III's KS had an immeasurably better launch than any video game KS ever has, and probably ever will.

Then you look at how much Shenmue III is earning daily and the drop-off is absolutely insane - even compared to the usual drop-off trend you can see with Bloodstained, Yooka and MN9 - it's already fallen far below any of the daily amounts for Bloodstained, even Mighty No. 9 didn't drop to $25,000 a day until the absolute dead days of their campaign. I would say this is to be expected due to the fact that Shenmue III's KS had such a huge launch, it was always going to have a steeper decline, but I did not expect it to be this bad - not at all helped by the fact that the KS is being run by possibly the most utterly useless KS managing company I've ever seen.

The most worrying trend for me, though, is the backers per day - take a look at Shenmue III's - we've already fallen miles below the Bloodstained campaign comparatively, both Bloodstained and Mighty No. 9 never had a day as bad as yesterday's 351 Shenmue III backers, and even Yooka-Laylee managed a good amount more than that up until well into the middle of their campaign.

To me, that quite clearly says that Shenmue III's KS has been doing so well on name alone. The games are a hell of a lot more niche than a lot of people realise - the marketing for the KS is absolutely embarrassingly incompetent, there's nothing there for newcomers to care about, and as a result we are seeing a sharp decline in backers, because everyone who loves Shenmue has already backed it.

Jackie Fhan wrote:then it will gain near 2 million over the last two days easily.

You are in for a terrible, terrible shock come July 18th if you seriously believe that.
Last edited by ElephantStone on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
I honestly don't see why.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you new to Kickstarter? It's either that or you have delusions of grandeur regarding Shenmue's level of fame/importance.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Shenmue 3 isn't really like other games that are typically on KS

It's one of the biggest profile names and developers behind it. Only a few games compare to it, so i still can't agree with what some of you are saying. I saw most people at gaf saying 7 plus million, just find it surprising that the dearest fans of the franchise is so down on the pricing of it.

I will say this.... so I'm not eating crow.

if they continue to puff this KS along with nothing of significance then yes... 6 million would be my top end.

if they actually get their butts in gear, do a lot of tiers, video, character model updates etc along with a possible ps4 disc version. i will say it has to be over 7 million.

There are a lot of if's to be told and I do wish their goal was 5 million and not set at 2. People do feel more obliged to fund when something they won't has a chance not to make it.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:just find it surprising that the dearest fans of the franchise is so down on the pricing of it.
if they continue to puff this KS along with nothing of significance then yes... 6 million would be my top end.

1. I don't know if we're being down so much as we're just trying to not get our hopes up. At least that's the case with me. I would love to see Shenmue 3 do really well. I just don't think it will do much more than $5 million.

2. Unfortunately, I can't see them doing much... I hope I'm wrong. The Twitch and last couple of updates were a great start, but I don't think we'll get much more. Hopefully they do add some awesome new tiers though that bring in more funding.

Edit: Also, you say about Shenmue 3 being different from most Kickstarters, but I think Castlevania and Mega Man are bigger franchises and they didn't reach anywhere near 10 million.

Reprise has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Reprise wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:just find it surprising that the dearest fans of the franchise is so down on the pricing of it.

1. I don't know if we're being down so much as we're just trying to not get our hopes up. At least that's the case with me. I would love to see Shenmue 3 do really well. I just don't think it will do much more than $5 million.

2. Unfortunately, I can't see them doing much... I hope I'm wrong. The Twitch and last couple of updates were a great start, but I don't think we'll get much more. Hopefully they do add some awesome new tiers though that bring in more funding.

Edit: Also, you say about Shenmue 3 being different from most Kickstarters, but I think Castlevania and Mega Man are bigger franchises and they didn't reach anywhere near 10 million.

That has been my gut feeling to some extent (obviously not my want)

They have let 8 days pass and basically added one surprised thing that was sort of worth it for the KS (even though honestly it didn't bring that much money in overall ) the jacket.

I'd like to point out that castle and mega man were not on KS :P And Might No. 9 has never looked as good as half the great mega man games anyways imo

This is shenmue 3, not renrue 1. Just a bit of a joke lol but I know your point well. I still think an actual mega man or castle would blow away sh3, blood or mighty though. :mrgreen:

BUt.. 8 days in and they haven't made a new tier that brought in 50,000 dollars. I'm really at a stage where I was with sony and the ps3. A game console has to get down to 200 dollars ultra fast to make a big dent in the market. Sony didnt do it for like 6 years or something with the PS3. I am starting to get that same feeling with this KS, that they just aren't making the moves they need to do quick enough.

After 3 or so days, after they actually add some new tiers, if they aren't moving or if the teirs aren't very interesting.. I'll resort to 6 million.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Esppiral » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:58 pm

4,5million at best, let's be real IMHO.

I don'tthink it is a bad amount considering is more than twice the minimum required by the KS.

Lol at those who voted for the 10+ million. :rotflmao:

Esppiral has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Next

Return to Shenmue III