Questions for Yu during twitch compiling the list

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Questions for Yu during twitch compiling the list

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:37 pm

I'd like for us to try and make sure we have a good list of questions and suggestions for YU during the twitch event. I may actually miss it because of work but I hope I can have a few questions get through.

We need Yu to understand that there are some certain things that need to be done to the KS page to make it more appealing for one.

Obivously, rather they can be done or not is something Yu probably knows, but there may be a few things we can suggest that he strongly takes into consideration.

If you guys can nominate questions/suggestions to be asked. I'll compile a list and we can use that set of questions to try and get answered.

The one question I truly want to ask is

1. Is there anyway to have a dream sequence at the start of SH3 to let us play the beginning of SH1 in SH3's engine. This way we are able to view see the start of the story again. This is not only good for returning players but also good for new players to have that feeling of what they are trying to accomplish in their journey. It's a good way to learn teh controls, and just the feels will be through the roof. Of course takes place while Ry is sleeping, maybe a bit of a nightmare.

2. Is there anyway we can get some updated screens, videos or some kind of game material for the KS page? After the KS is over, how often do you plan to give updates and interact with the community?

3. "Fighters Megamix features a track on one of its endings. It's called Ending H ~ Last on the album and it resembles the Shenmue theme. Was this the original beta theme for Shenmue in its infancy on the Sega Saturn?" (For those interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2HTZT42hSM)

4. Which Sony games are you interested in and do you plan to try and incorporate sony games into the game?

5. How do you hope to handle loading? In and out of places? Are you planning to make the transition and movement seamless when entering buildings/going up stairs? Versus the automatic transitions of stairs and loading of SH on the dreamcast? Love the loading music in SH though! will there be loading screens in shenmue 3?

6. . Do you (Yu) look at/read the shenmuedojo forums?

7. to raise money can you (Yu) produce some t-shirts for the fans which we can buy? Can you create a paypal account and leave it open through out the production of sh3 and all future sh related games? Giving updates and where we have met content goals for the game? (paypal donations collected for the life of the product, we hope)

9. Would you (Yu) consider teaming up with ryuichi sakamoto to produce some new music for shenmue 3

10. Would you consider interacting with the fans of shenmuedogo.net in a question and answer?

11. In previous Shenmue games, Ryo fought martial artists who fought with Virtua Fighter fighting styles. Will there be more Virtua Fighter fighting styles encountered in the game, and will these be necessary to progress or maybe secret encounters?"

12. Please allow for original clothes as an option! I settled with the look of Shenmue characters, so besides poly count, clothing physics and re-texturing, keep original attire for those of us who want it. Will there be alternate costumes to choose from like this gif demonstrates http://i.imgur.com/wlS7YlX.gif

13. If possible, can we get more Saturn, Dreamcast footage of sh1/2/3 in SH3? How about interview, development videos as well? If need be, we would gladly pay for it as an extra from the online store at the lanuch of SH3.

14. Any plans for DLC, DLC packs for more toys, clothes?

15. Will you be considering 2 player versus fighting? Arenas?

16. Yu, did you hear about $30 on the 3rd? If so, do you have any special plans for this day? (30 on the third is a movement we have decided to take to pledge 30 more dollars on the 3rd of July)

17. - In Shenmue II people thought the game would end after the Kowloon chapter, with Ryo starting his Journey to Guilin. It felt so in line with the ending of the first Shenmue. Was this originally planned as the ending of the game, with Guilin added later on? Or was the Guilin chapter always ment to be in the game with it's cliffhanger ending?

18. The earliest shown footage of Shenmue during it's Premiere happened to be from Shenmue II, showcasing Wan Chai. Back then the area looked vastly different from what it does in the final game. Wan Chai looked very drab and muted, almost polluted. In contrast the Wan Chai we got in the end is a much happier and brighter looking place, with vibrant colors. What lead to this design change?

19. In Shenmue, saving is restricted only to Ryo's room. While in town it's only possible to make a resume file, wich forces the player to quit the game and when it is loaded, it will be deleted. Why were these restrictions necessary?

20. Can you try to add a tier for a Dreamcast case edition, manual, YS business card etc Even if it can't have the ps4 disc inside, it would still be a great option for collectors. I was personally thinking $300 Dreamcast case, PS4 game and case (SE). $100 PS4 Game and case with manual special edition (possible steel book), PS4 60 Standard case and disc

I think that is a good start, but I trust in you guys to have some good questions already in mind. Not just KS stuff, whatever is fine.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:41 am, edited 21 times in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Re: Questions for Yu during twitch compiling the list

Postby Himuro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:39 pm

You realize he's likely going to be too busy playing a game to answer questions like this, yes?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm indifferent to the other ones, but I wouldn't ask the first question; what's the point?

VIEWING it in a pre-movie-like thing, like with Shenmue II, sure. But there's no need to replay the beginning of 1, it feels redundant to me, IMO>

Truck_1_0_1_ has received a thanks from: Jackie Fhan
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Himuro wrote: You realize he's likely going to be too busy playing a game to answer questions like this, yes?

No , completely don't agree. He is a person that enjoys his fans. if he is playing, he will be making sure to talk as much as possible.

If he really only goes on there to play a game and doesn't interact, it's just another mistep imo

The people on twitch only really care about getting their idea/question/whatever heard. So, I hope that isn't their plan.

Anyways, nice to have you in the thread, hope you can give me the question you feel is most suitable. :D
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Truck_1_0_1_ wrote: I'm indifferent to the other ones, but I wouldn't ask the first question; what's the point?

VIEWING it in a pre-movie-like thing, like with Shenmue II, sure. But there's no need to replay the beginning of 1, it feels redundant to me, IMO>

Oh, maybe I and a lot of gamers just like the idea of seeing Ryo's home in a brand new engine. To me, that actually sounds more fun than visiting the forrest and mirror room lol. Also, it's a good way to see the new character models for Di, and Ryo. It's a good chance to introduce the game's controls and have an interesting start.

It seems the game will start a little slow from what I can guess.... but I'd honestly pay 100 dollars just to have that dream sequence . It's like a new game system getting annouced, seeing all that in a new engine and having a few new details to play with is a dream of mine.

I feel like that home should be one of the most special parts of the game for most. It's like getting a fan favorite track re made for the new mario kart. Or a fan favorite halo game making a return in a new game.

I have always loved re visiting areas in games sequels when they had it. This one would be one of my favorites.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:47 pm

I don't like any of your questions. :twisted:
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:49 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I don't like any of your questions. :twisted:

Currently playing: Shadow of the Colossus

:P

What question of your own do you like?

I have to admit, I played through SH 1 about 3 times but I have a hard time remmebering a lot of the details since I bought it on release and haven't played it since about 2 years after it came out...

but, didn't ryu often sweat and have bad dreams about his father's death? I think that's a perfect way to start SH3, playing Sh1 for about 20 min, and then seeing Ryu sweating and waking up in whatever location he is in for SH3.

Play the game until his father is killed, wake up and begin SH3. It seems perfect to me. I need a reminder anyways :D
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Truck_1_0_1_ wrote: I'm indifferent to the other ones, but I wouldn't ask the first question; what's the point?

Off topic: Hey, aren't/weren't you from that certain fan forum for a 90s band I won't name here?..... :P

Reprise has received 2 thanks from: Jackie Fhan, Truck_1_0_1_
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Guys, I really do take this very seriously. WIsh I could have dinner or go out to see Yu. SInce I am in China and it isn't that far anyways lol.. sadly, don't have the money to do it. So this is the best chance I have. Hope you can think of the best possible questions to make this KS and game better <3
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby redline » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote: I'd like for us to try and make sure we have a good list of questions and suggestions for YU during the twitch event. I may actually miss it because of work but I hope I can have a few questions get through.

We need Yu to understand that there are some certain things that need to be done to the KS page to make it more appealing for one.

Obivously, rather they can be done or not is something Yu probably knows, but there may be a few things we can suggest that he strongly takes into consideration.

If you guys can nominate questions/suggestions to be asked. I'll compile a list and we can use that set of questions to try and get answered.

[color=#00BF40]

1. do you (Yu) look at/read the shenmuedojo forums?
2. will there be loading screens in shenmue 3?
3. to raise money can you (Yu) produce some t-shirts for the fans which we can buy?
4. would you (Yu) consider teaming up with ryuichi sakamoto to produce some new music for shenmue 3
Last edited by redline on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redline has received a thanks from: Jackie Fhan
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:42 pm

1. do you (Yu) look at/read the shenmuedojo forums?
2. will there be loading screens in shenmue 3?
3. to raise money can you (Yu) produce some t-shirts for the fans which we can buy?
4. we know shenmue has a magic element as shown in the original shenmue-sega saturn trailer. can ryo hazuki somehow go back in time and save his father in an awesome fight please

I sort of covered your number 2 in my edit earlier, man... I hate loading but I love love the music in sh's loading screens

Jackie Fhan has received a thanks from: redline
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby redline » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:50 pm

/\ been a recent topic which i think is quite important. :)

(i was a little slow on my re-edit. i remembered one dream for S3 i would love to come true.. and that would be if ryuichi sakamoto made some music for the game. :heart: )
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:50 pm

To be honest Im concerned about the status of free battles and qtes/scrolls.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Jackie Fhan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm

shredingskin wrote: To be honest Im concerned about the status of free battles and qtes/scrolls.

How would you like to ask about them? just ask if he can give a basic explanation of what he intends to do with free battles/ qte's and scrolls?

and yes, ^^ the music question is better lol

I'm off to bed, hope you guys come up with some good stuff. Hope one of you plan to save the chat for us if he does talk? hopefully that works out. I guess it is really hard with the language barrier, but I hope they plan to take questions. I'll add one more before I sleep.
Last edited by Jackie Fhan on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby murdiaries » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Dear Yu,

1) Rearrange KS page with stretch goals front, push Awesome Japan to cooperate with Shenmue Dojo on daily basis.
2) Please NO COSPLAY! Fans settled with the look of Shenmue chars, so besides polycount, clothes physics and retexturing:
http://shenmue.link/topics/2015/06/25/s1_ryo003.png
http://shenmue.link/topics/2015/06/25/s2_shenhua002.png
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue III