Games you used to love but just can't enjoy to play anymore?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Games you used to love but just can't enjoy to play anym

Postby Thief » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:07 am

ShinChuck wrote:Zeldas after the original four

Just to be clear, the original four are Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening? If those are the ones you mean, then I'm the exact same way. Those are the only ones I can stand to play anymore.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:41 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I was the same with zelda, tired of it, maybe burned out. Then I played Link Between Worlds on the 3DS, that one little game revived my love for the series, the way it brought it back to A Link to the Past, and took place in THAT version of Hyrule. I was right back in to zelda after playing that throw back goodness.

I remember being so excited when I finally got Link Between Worlds as I thought it meant finally being able to play in the land of gold that was restored in the ending of link to the past, but you never really get to see it. I was disappointed when I finally got there to find it was just the dark world again. :cry:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Thief
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby SaM_4000 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 am

Thief wrote:
ShinChuck wrote:Zeldas after the original four

Just to be clear, the original four are Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening? If those are the ones you mean, then I'm the exact same way. Those are the only ones I can stand to play anymore.

Ocarina of Time and Windwaker are my favourite Zelda games, and both are probably amongst my favourite games of all time. But to each their own I guess...

SaM_4000 has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:27 pm

^Word. Ocarina and Wind Waker are amazing. 2D Zelda is overrated, never really liked any of them outside of Link's Awakening, personally.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:06 pm

My two favourite Zeldas always were Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:44 pm

The only 2D Zelda I've played for a decent amount of time is Link To The Past. I'd say Ocarina is the best 3D Zelda and then each entry got slightly worse with Skyward Sword being the worst. I'd still say it's better then most of the stuff that's released though.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby elfshadowreaper » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:36 pm

I'm a huge Zelda fan. The past few AAA Zelda games have been meh. Know why? The best zeldas innovated. They revolutionized how we would play video games forever. I'd say after majoras mask zeldas failed to innovate. They copied what other games had already done. To break out of this the only thing I think Nintendo could do to make a fresh Zelda would be to do something with technology like hololens. But I don't want Nintendo anywhere near peripherals. They proved with the Wii and Wii u they just couldn't handle them. I love Nintendo. They have my loyalty because they've given me so much fun over the years. But the best thing at this point they could do is just get out of the console business and just be a game publisher for Sony.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Chaos » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:17 pm

Sonikku wrote: Sonic Adventure. It felt amazing for it's time, just like Super Mario 64 felt amazing for it's time. But Mario holds up. SA didn't. :( The bad camera, big the cat levels and a bunch of other issues hold it down. I will say though that it was a fun game when it was relevant, they put a great effort into it. It's everything Sonic Extreme should have been and is nothing like the trash Sega phones in every year. I just can't bring myself to pick up and play it any more is all. I still pick up and play the other Sonic's.

Kinda this.

I sometimes go back and play through sonic, tails, and gamma's levels and enjoy them a lot, but I cannot get into knuckles, amy's, or big's levels at all anymore.

I can't play SA2 anymore either because of being forced to play knuckles or rouge every other level.
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:58 am

Chaos wrote:
Sonikku wrote: Sonic Adventure. It felt amazing for it's time, just like Super Mario 64 felt amazing for it's time. But Mario holds up. SA didn't. :( The bad camera, big the cat levels and a bunch of other issues hold it down. I will say though that it was a fun game when it was relevant, they put a great effort into it. It's everything Sonic Extreme should have been and is nothing like the trash Sega phones in every year. I just can't bring myself to pick up and play it any more is all. I still pick up and play the other Sonic's.

Kinda this.

I sometimes go back and play through sonic, tails, and gamma's levels and enjoy them a lot, but I cannot get into knuckles, amy's, or big's levels at all anymore.

I can't play SA2 anymore either because of being forced to play knuckles or rouge every other level.

I'd have to say Sonic games as well. All Sonic games.

I remember the first time I saw Sonic The Hedgehog on the Genesis at my best friends house, his older brother bought it. I was transfixed to the screen for like 3 hours without moving, and I never even got a chance to play it that night, but I have great reverence for the 16-bit era Sonic games, especially 1 and 2.
I find Sonics' voice in the later games nauseating, and could never really enjoy them (for other reasons as well).

I can't force myself to play them at all anymore, though I still love the tunes (Spring Yard Zone, anyone?).
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:13 am

:mrgreen: blast processing. it's enough to blow the pants off.
on subject, it would have to be tech romancer for the coin-op/dreamcast.
it was hard as fuck, but worth it unlocking extra droids.
i can't put the same effort into it as used to be able to, it frustrating.
probably the age creeping up, not gonna play the 'it's shit tools, i'm great' card, because it's simply NOT true.
game vs me 1-0! :oops:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Chaos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:37 am

Wude-Tang Clan wrote:
Chaos wrote:

Kinda this.

I'd have to say Sonic games as well. All Sonic games.

I remember the first time I saw Sonic The Hedgehog on the Genesis at my best friends house, his older brother bought it. I was transfixed to the screen for like 3 hours without moving, and I never even got a chance to play it that night, but I have great reverence for the 16-bit era Sonic games, especially 1 and 2.
I find Sonics' voice in the later games nauseating, and could never really enjoy them (for other reasons as well).

I can't force myself to play them at all anymore, though I still love the tunes (Spring Yard Zone, anyone?).

I still love the genesis games and play them every once in a while. I'll even play them on my phone because of how good the remakes of 1 and 2 are.

Spring Yard Zone is my favorite song/stage of the 3 though good choice. =D>

Hell, last week I pulled out my Genesis and started playing sonic 3 and knuckles. Then like right after I got super sonic, the game started resetting randomly. Turns out all my games on my Genesis reset randomly after a few minutes now. I wonder if it's completely fucked or if it just needs a good cleaning. :(
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Previous

Return to General Gaming