KS Update #23+#24 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Jeff wrote: The first time I became worried about this game was when the new rewards were announced. Peoples faces on lucky hit boards and as Chiyomen members makes me worry that this will look like a satire of Shenmue than a true sequel. Concerning.

It does raise a good point about how far they are willing to alter the artistic vision to make money. I know I don't want to see a bunch of white guys walking around bailu village(and I'm white so I can say that :P ).
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby code l name » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Jeff wrote: The first time I became worried about this game was when the new rewards were announced. Peoples faces on lucky hit boards and as Chiyomen members makes me worry that this will look like a satire of Shenmue than a true sequel. Concerning.

I agree to an extent. Having your name in a guest register is one thing but having your face be featured on a Chi You Men member I think may be going too far. I am of ethnic background which in the context of Shenmue lore/time period would make absolutely no sense me being in a Chinese underground gang.

I hope this is an optional feature that may be turned on in a new game plus way.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:38 pm

It's a cheap way to make a lot of money and make a great game. Sorry for not caring. I can't say I'm surprised we're still going to have a bunch of negativity no matter what happens.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Amir
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:40 pm

I mean honestly, is this what you want to see as a chiyomen member?

Jeff has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Yeah i don't care if i see someone's face in the game, we need the money!

Anyway i think the lucky hit reward is a bit too overpriced, it's still 4k$ for a relatively minor thing...
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Upstairsmuffin wrote:

There were random faces over all Shenmue I and II on magazines and so on, so I think it's fine. The Chiyomen member won't actually be a significant character either.

Not to mention is only 5 characters. Its probs something like the 70 man battle at the end of S1. Yu isn't going to do anything that is going to mess up the game. The pledge even says that Yu has the say of the body and look of the NPC. I really wouldn't worry about it.

The lucky hit boards will probably have to option to turn off the faces, and even if they don't, if you're on PC we can just mod it lol.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Weils » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:43 pm

I was just away for only 2 hours and then comes an update after midnight. Really happy that the KS included the physical PS4 version, now more new backers who have been on the fence will now donate! :D
Weils
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Bayonetta 1+2

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Jeff wrote: I mean honestly, is this what you want to see as a chiyomen member?

If it means the team gets more money, I'll learn to live with it.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Shenhua-Nani?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby joka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Damn this has really woken the campaign up! Not long until $4m is achieved... Bloodstained is definitely in trouble now! :D
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Luke_09 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:48 pm

The KickStarter is going crazy again! Awesome news guys!

All we need to do is spread the word that we are getting a physical copy for PS4, it might encourage the more casual gamers to donate. I hope the big gaming websites will post this news, we need the awareness.
Luke_09
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 pm

My problem with the using faces thing is immersion. Like, we'll be in rural China and shit, and see white peoples faces plastered all over a train station? What the fuck? Will they make the Chi You Men NPC's look Chinese? Hopefully they do? Because I really don't want to be fighting some random white guy with no explanation in the middle of the Chinese boondocks. :-k
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

It's limited to 5 people lol. People need to calm down. Its probably going to be some no named NPC that you see once, or don't even notice in a Shenmue 1 like 70 man battle royal in the base that Yu said we are going to infiltrate. Yu isn't going to do something that will ruin his vision guys, have some faith please :P

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Himuro wrote: My problem with the using faces thing is immersion. Like, we'll be in rural China and shit, and see white peoples faces plastered all over a train station? What the fuck? Will they make the Chi You Men NPC's look Chinese? Hopefully they do? Because I really don't want to be fighting some random white guy with no explanation in the middle of the Chinese boondocks. :-k

Didnt the Yellow men and Chi You Men we met in Shen 1&2 have a bunch of western looking guys? Calm down :D
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Those are some really kick ass reward tiers! And physical PS4 copies too! This day just got a sh*t ton better! :D

Himuro wrote:My problem with the using faces thing is immersion. Like, we'll be in rural China and shit, and see white peoples faces plastered all over a train station? What the fuck? Will they make the Chi You Men NPC's look Chinese? Hopefully they do? Because I really don't want to be fighting some random white guy with no explanation in the middle of the Chinese boondocks. :-k

It will be handled well, trust Yu. Mad Angels was full of foreigners. And remember the scout in Shenmue 2 who was recruiting to send fighters to the ChiYouMen in China. Foreigners are everywhere :P

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:58 pm

We'll have to see. :-k
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III