My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I say that we just harass anyone that backs it until they withdraw their pledge. Just call them ugly fucks and say that their face alone will ruin the Shenmue series.

What about the 64 photos in the harbor area we will end up seeing anyways :lol: :lol:
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Phong » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:24 pm

There's a photo collage going around Twitter of a bunch of Shenmue fans holding up three fingers to show their support for Shenmue 3. Shenmue fans aren't ugly.

It's just me who's ugly.

joka wrote: I wonder if the listing for this reward is wrong- I mean maybe it's in game AND in real life?

That'd be the only way to justify such a difference in price in comparison to the I Am Shenmue reward surely...

Whoa, that would be crazy.

shredingskin wrote: Tex murphy did it pretty good, in an abandoned burned building. They even give some comment on each photo, even I that didn't got the tier looked and the photos because it was funny.

Same here! I had no money so I couldn't get involved in the kickstarter at the time, but when I played the game I looked at every photo simply because Tex's comments were hilarious. Really impressive, what they did.
Phong
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Guys, this could be the ultimate Shenmue 500k collage...
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:29 pm

sand4fish wrote: As a side note, The "I am Shenmue 3" reward does not include the voice message by Corey Marshall. I believe they justify that price by the sheer size difference of your picture and name on the board (plus Corey's personal message) compared to a mini-pic among others somewhere in a harbor.

I've sent a message to them about this. At $1500 I feel like they should really include the Corey voice message, and I guess the only reason why they haven't is because he'd have to do another 64 messages, which is quite a lot I guess, but again, I mentioned it before when I originally backed the $1000 grab bag tier, there is literally no way other than creating another account and backing an additional $1000 to get the Corey voice message without switching tiers. I'd really like the message aswell, but when i've put down $1500 and the additional rewards skip to the $500 tier, there's literally nothing I can do :(
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:40 pm

James Brown wrote:
I've sent a message to them about this. At $1500 I feel like they should really include the Corey voice message, and I guess the only reason why they haven't is because he'd have to do another 64 messages, which is quite a lot I guess, but again, I mentioned it before when I originally backed the $1000 grab bag tier, there is literally no way other than creating another account and backing an additional $1000 to get the Corey voice message without switching tiers. I'd really like the message aswell, but when i've put down $1500 and the additional rewards skip to the $500 tier, there's literally nothing I can do :(

If they did include the message with the "I am Shenmue 3" reward, this would be unfair for the backers of the Corey's voice message ($1000) and make the already considered overpriced Lucky Hit portrait even more absurd.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Phong wrote:
sand4fish wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about this. Like the description of the reward tier for the creation of a NPC, Yu Suzuki would keep the integrity of the world intact, so I think it would be more like a stylized picture of yourself by Miyawaki + your name.

I also don't think it's in the spirit of Lucky Hit, which in the Shenmue universe seemed to me like it was a platform for independent craftsmen and street artists.

For four grand I am not interested in having my portrait done. It doesn't seem like anyone else is either, right now, since there are no takers yet.

Either way, I imagine the way they get around it looking awkward is by throwing all the backer stands in a secret underground room somewhere. There were other special gambling parlors that were out of the way in Shenmue II.

I'm sure they can make it quirky and cool like the way the tomato convenience is (brands, shenmue chocolate, Sega battery etc).

I also really like how they're handling the pictures on the boat and names on the registry, great context and it's not too intrusive either...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Shenmue III is real. I would not care if there was a 10 minute goatse.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Me either.

They really need to lower that Lucky Hit reward by a grand or two.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Still no backer. Not surprising.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 pm

For $4,000, it's got to be some sort of mistake, surely? It should not be any higher than somewhere in the region of 1,000 - 2,000.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Prob for the best if nobody goes for it. The Choubu guest register thing makes sense as it sounds like a tourist destination, and the Chiyoumen will prob have all sorts as gangsters (and body type will be determined by Suzuki), but having some randomer on a Lucky Hit board... :P
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Did they update the Lucky Hit text or did it always say this?

"BE A TECHNIQUE SCROLL LUCKY HIT GAME BOARD

Do you want to be a game of lucky hit? Get your face and name on an in-game Lucky Hit board featuring a Technique Scroll.

+ 50 Lucky Hit Tickets (In-game Item)"

Hmmm, playing Lucky Hit to get Technique Scrolls, don't think I like this idea...
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Amir wrote: Did they update the Lucky Hit text or did it always say this?

Do you want to be a game of lucky hit? Get your face and name on an in-game Lucky Hit board featuring a Technique Scroll.

Hmmm, playing Lucky Hit to get Technique Scrolls, don't think I like this idea...

Totally updated. Before it was just the lucky hit face and corey marshall voice. Looks like they saw no one grab it and updated it to include the I AM SHENMUE reward and the tickets too. Still priced too high, should be $2500
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:37 pm

NismoZZzz wrote:
Amir wrote: Did they update the Lucky Hit text or did it always say this?

Totally updated. Before it was just the lucky hit face and corey marshall voice. Looks like they saw no one grab it and updated it to include the I AM SHENMUE reward and the tickets too. Still priced too high, should be $2500

I don't even think the I AM SHENMUE was there when I looked at it! Wow, they updated that fast...

Amir has received a thanks from: NismoZZzz
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 pm

You could play Lucky Hit to get technique scroll(s) in Shenmue II. May have just been that one hidden one in Kowloon. Fucking impossible, I never managed to get it. Heard the move actually sucked, anyway. Monkey Arm Punch or something?

Lan Di-sama has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Phong
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III