Shenmue III: PC vs PS4 version

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III: PC vs PS4 version

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:49 pm

johnvivant wrote: both, even though at the moment i don't have a pc powerful enough to play it, hopefully i will by the time of release. the ps4 version is the one i'll play through first though, as i'm a console gamer at heart.

Same here. I don't even own a PS4 at the moment (won't pick one up until SIII comes out) and currently game on PC (well, Windows on Mac), but with all the fuss over shoddy PC ports recently like Arkham Knight, and the impression I get that Yu will be working on the PS4 version first, with Cedric/Shibuya porting that version to PC, I think the PS4 version will be better on day one. I'll still want the PC version for 60fps and mods down the line, though.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby code l name » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Current PS4 owner so will get it for the console.
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:54 pm

shredingskin wrote:
PS. YS saying that notebook could be done through the ps4 pad it is kinda a big incentive to buy one.

that little suggestion from the reddit q&a has stayed with me too! its such a good idea.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Yeah, Sony aiding in the port/version is a good incentive.

Hopefully it's not "I'm at a NASA computer and shenmue III doesn't work", but they do some fine work.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Can someone help me which version I should choose? The PC version is going to be my main version, but being a Shenmue mega fan I want them all. If I had the money I'd make two KS accounts so I can get both the physical ps4 and the physical pc copy, but I can only go with one, and I'm not sure which one to go for due to rarity. Which one do you think will be more rare as time goes on? Will there be a retail ps4 version in stores? Will there be a retail PC version? I know this will be on Steam, so I'm not sure which to get.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:35 pm

I'll be on PC, but I'll buy the Ps4 version aswell to support Shenmue and Sony. Those who are worried about the PC version being buggy etc. You don't have to worry. The pc is the lead Dev platform for Shenmue 3 with Sony moving the game over to the Ps4 so we won't get any of this Arkham Knight shite lol

It really is going to be amazing to see what people can do with mods (after I've finished S3 10 times first ofcourse).
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm getting both, but I will go PS4 first because publishing on the console is done by Playstation themselves so I can get a rough idea of the quality without having to worry about any PC style Batman surprises.

In addition to that, I don't know if the PC version uses Steam? Not that it matters, but I love having everything in Steam.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Himuro wrote: I'm not sure which one to go for due to rarity.

I'd say go to PS4 (backer edition).

Shenmue III will not get a PC physical, but honestly I don't see PC being released on stores... But also I don't see PC gamers really caring about that.

I'm not a collector, but as far as I know, that's the deal.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Aesthetically the PC version might look nicer without the PS branding.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Snakiest » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm getting a pc box, but I'll buy a pc digital version when it is out. I hate spoiling collector editions by opening them. -)

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:44 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: I'll be on PC, but I'll buy the Ps4 version aswell to support Shenmue and Sony. Those who are worried about the PC version being buggy etc. You don't have to worry. The pc is the lead Dev platform for Shenmue 3 with Sony moving the game over to the Ps4 so we won't get any of this Arkham Knight shite lol

In this case, I'm afraid for the PS4 players. That means their version could be a downgrade of the PC, and downgrades are usually... not really good looking. But I'm probably wrong here as Sony is directly involved in the project.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
SheepheadCG wrote: I'll be on PC, but I'll buy the Ps4 version aswell to support Shenmue and Sony. Those who are worried about the PC version being buggy etc. You don't have to worry. The pc is the lead Dev platform for Shenmue 3 with Sony moving the game over to the Ps4 so we won't get any of this Arkham Knight shite lol

In this case, I'm afraid for the PS4 players. That means their version could be a downgrade of the PC, and downgrades are usually... not really good looking. But I'm probably wrong here as Sony is directly involved in the project.

Every game you have ever played on your PS4 was created on pc and "downgraded" to suit the PS4 hardware and architecture lol You have nothing to worry about, because as you said Sony are handling the Port so its all good :)

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:43 pm

PC, though, I'll buy the PS4 version just to support Sony and their decision.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Ceej » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:46 pm

I dunno what version to get...I doubt this would happen, but I sure would be upset if I got the PC version and it didn't have proper gamepad support

Will probably go PS4 to be safe.

Although if PC had support for an Xbox One controller, It would be nice to have QTE's with XYBA in them still :D
Ceej

Postby mindcrime » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:15 pm

PS4 version here. I don't have a PS4 yet but Shenmue will always be a console game to me, and that's how I want to enjoy S3. Also, I'm not interested in mods at all. I just want the pure vanilla experience.
mindcrime
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III