30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: 30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:04 am

I'd just call yesterday as a whole a success. Credit has to go to Awesome Japan too (assuming they had anything to do with... anything)

But yeah, everyone seemed to pull together to celebrate the 3rd in the best way possible that doesn't involve beer n the Blues, so hats off people.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:25 am

ianpm31 wrote:Agree 100% about yesterday...

But I will say the stretch goal from 5 to 6 million will be the true test. It's such a huge gap

I concur. Though, thankfully, I no longer live in fear that we won't at least hit 5 million so Yu can fulfill his vision of the character perspective system. I believe (or at least suspect) a ton of the game's content will come out of that if it gets implemented (which I now am persuaded that it will be) to offset any potential lack of scale in the world. When you can't have quantity, you add density and granularity, and I think that's what they're going for. :)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:40 am

Also add the SegaNerds Shenmue cast podcast. That was an absolute success. Such a blast.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yokosuka Martian
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:12 am

Erevador wrote:12. Have had bunch of people saying to me on GAF today that even though they haven't played Shenmue, the fan passion has inspired them to pledge for the game.

Link?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 am

all the ps4 physicals orders total $257400, The very popular 64 limited £1500 tier totals £96k. ignoring everything else this is around $353400, some of those ps4 physicals might have been digital upgrades so you can probably take some off that total, but the rough total is everything we made on the day so honestly while the tweet campaign probably only brought in 50k-ish vs the usual 15k I'm hoping the long term benefit will be that it stays in public eye longer over the next few days so pledges don't slow down as quickly as before.

lets see how the daily pledges are doing come Monday/Tuesday, if its back to 10-15k a day then we've hit all the people waiting for the PS4 physical and we should probably be happy with the 4.4 million we will mostly likely end up with. If we can stretch to 5 million we should all dance a happy Irish jig because that would be fantastic and extremely lucky all things considered.

Q&A was great tho as was the sega nerds podcast but it only had a little over 100 viewers ..

but regardless of my pessimistic outlook (can't help it....its ingrained in my soul after 14 years) yesterday should be considered a huge success, it helped us blast past 4 million by a large margin rather than hobbling over it in 2 weeks time like the graphs were showing :) awesome!
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:25 pm

The only disapointement was Virtua Fighter 6... Are AM2 still exist ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Agreed! And the physical PS4 version is huge for getting new pledges and to get people to upgrade from the $30 tier to the $60 tier. The total backers of the $30 tier has decreased by around 2500 so far (I'm assuming they pretty much all upgraded a tier).

I'm feeling pretty good about the ability to reach $6M. Maybe some new tiers and continued upgrades to the kickstarter page can help.

It would be dumb to not include a paypal option when the kickstarter ends. If that happens, I don't think we'd have any concerns about funding.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:47 pm

I did the $300 tier on the 3rd. :D I wanted to spend more but I have very little extra money due to being disabled. Bread and water for 6 months for me. But for Shenmue its all worth it. So glad I can be a part of the Shenmue dojo family.
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby Erevador » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Himuro wrote:
Erevador wrote:12. Have had bunch of people saying to me on GAF today that even though they haven't played Shenmue, the fan passion has inspired them to pledge for the game.

Link?

Here are just a few of such posts. There are a bunch more...

Erevador has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, RiGoRmOrTiS
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Drakul » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:39 pm

that's really cool :)
Drakul

Previous

Return to Shenmue III