Keiji Inafune Launches 2 Kickstarters; MMLegends "Successor"

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Keiji Inafune Launches 2 Kickstarters; MMLegends "Succes

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:14 pm

I also backed outcast (even though I only played a little of the original and found it a little too much action oriented for my taste).

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Monkei
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 pm

If anyone's interested, he's a Unity web player based playable concept prototype they put out:

http://redashgame.com/prototype/WebPlayer.html

protip: Kick the trashcan
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... ts/1308824

So the game is actually being published, pc, ps4, xbone...

Can we say FUCK THIS GUY ? Like really loud ??

Now they say that the whole KS is for stretch goals.

KS is like the capitalist dream. Kamiya was fucking right. He was not only trying to profit on a game that wasn't his, but actually trying to get a little bit more money.

Sucks for other people that are really trying to make a game.

Also this really makes me want to give SEGA kudos for letting Yu use the IP, they'll get something from it (at least a revamped IP to sit on), but that's something.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

NeoShredder wrote: If anyone's interested, he's a Unity web player based playable concept prototype they put out:

http://redashgame.com/prototype/WebPlayer.html

protip: Kick the trashcan

The worst thing about this demo is that it uses the arrow keys and not WASD.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Monkei » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:42 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/red-ash-the-kalkanon-incident-fully-funded-by-fuze?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=8&utm_campaign=Blogroll

I know the SIII campaign had its fair share of controvery hovering all around it, but this just isn't right. Oh well. As long as people are blind enough to throw their money at it, its existence is legitimised, I guess. ](*,)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 am

Monkei wrote: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/red-ash-the-kalkanon-incident-fully-funded-by-fuze?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=8&utm_campaign=Blogroll

I know the SIII campaign had its fair share of controvery hovering all around it, but this just isn't right. Oh well. As long as people are blind enough to throw their money at it, its existence is legitimised, I guess. ](*,)

I don't think it'll reach the $800,000 goal so I don't think fans will end up paying for it until it comes out. Surprised people haven't backed out of pledging, amount is about the same/up slightly after this announcement.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Monkei wrote: I know the SIII campaign had its fair share of controvery hovering all around it, but this just isn't right. Oh well. As long as people are blind enough to throw their money at it, its existence is legitimised, I guess. ](*,)

I was quick on jumping on the hate side about ASH, but your words reflect the same opinions non-backers have about Shenmue 3 as well. I went on to try learning more about the whole situation and it just came to me that their "failing" on the KS was mainly due to poor timing and management.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Amir wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:I'm really interested too see how some of these Kickstarter games do when they're available too buy, I don't think there is any news on how well Broken Age sold.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... ouble-fine

That was quite a sad read really. Broken Age was touted as the starter of some revolution as it gave power to the players and proved the that the publishers didn't know what the public wanted. Then it turns out a game that cost $7 million only made half of that thus proving that the publishers where right. As much as I love Tim Schaffer reading that news and reading about Brutal Legend makes me think that I wouldn't want to be a backer looking for a return on one of his games.

As for this kickstarter. People should only pull out of backing the game if they want to. I'm not a fan of Kickstarter at all but the people who back projects on there do it with their own money and no one else should tell them what they should and shouldn't spend it on.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:28 pm

The problem with doublefine is that it was a big company for the type of game broken age was (they came from doing a big budget game with a publisher), had too many people on the payroll so they also needed to be doing various games at a time. Also the voice casting was almost for a AAA game.

The concept was simple, bring back some oldschool point and click, they went with something in between (that honestly I did not like). Also they kinda said that ron gilbert was gonna be also designing the game, he wasn't. They had lots of tools for doing a good game with very little like AGS, wintermute, visionaire or even unity, they did their own engine.

A lot of missteps.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Barely advertised it too, as far as I could tell. They didn't really get the word around. I didn't even know what it was until someone posted about it here, and by that point I think it'd been out for a bit.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:34 am

Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:38 am

Amir wrote:
Monkei wrote: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/red-ash-the-kalkanon-incident-fully-funded-by-fuze?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=8&utm_campaign=Blogroll

I don't think it'll reach the $800,000 goal so I don't think fans will end up paying for it until it comes out. Surprised people haven't backed out of pledging, amount is about the same/up slightly after this announcement.

Some people did back out. Have a look at the daily data on kicktraq: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/

There's actually a negative amount of pledged money on the day.

With only around 9 hours to go it seems pretty save to say that 800.000$ isn't happening (a little over 500.000$ now). The anime is almost funded though.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:20 am

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby fittersau » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:04 am

I'm not even sure Inafune is even working on this game given his commitments to MN9 and Recore. That's a lot to spread yourself thin upon.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to General Gaming