Shenmue Community

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Shenmue Community

Postby Yama » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:00 pm

During this very important time for Shenmue I'd like to point out that it was the community as a whole that made Shenmue III entirely possible. Due to the efforts seen across multiple community outlets we are closing in on something we've all desired for over a decade. The Shenmue community is as powerful as it is passionate, backing up our words with a record breaking pledge. It is because of this we'd like to focus on bringing our efforts together as one. We may all have our preferred outlet for information or discussion, but that shouldn't create a barrier. Instead it provides us with options and multiple targets for important campaigns, discussion and more.

We're proud to support our friends at Team Yu and Shenmue 500K, who have both been incredibly vocal towards the resurgence of Shenmue. Through combined efforts, we look to make the message of #SaveShenmue and other campaigns louder and clearer than ever before. Look forward to hearing more about any future community events right here in our news section direct from the source. In addition, you may visit either outlet by clicking the corresponding links right on our index page. The same love and care will be given in return to any important Dojo created content that need be widespread.

Let's come together as one and continue to save #SaveShenmue!

Team Yu | Shenmue 500K

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Community

Postby Shenmue Stare » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Thanks, Yama! It's pertinent to the campaign that we all work together as one. The Shenmue campaign still has a long ways to go before we can all hang up our helmets. 3 years till Shenmue 3 comes, and then years more for the rest. In the meantime, it's great to have multiple Shenmue outlets. There are many types of people out there, and it's best to accommodate them all. Come to the Dojo for some refined discussion, then go to TeamYu for specific campaign details and discussing ideas for that. And then saunter on down to 500k, laying in bed before sleep on your phone's Facebook app, to unwind a bit with random shenmue fans the world over. There's something for everyone, and the more the merrier.

I don't come here very often anymore, and never was much of a member. I was a lurker for years before finally making an account in an effort to share my daily Shenmue blog with other like minded folk. I tend to spend most of my time keeping the 500k from falling apart and maintaining the #SaveShenmue campaign with TeamYu. I'll try to come here more often, but if you guys need to talk to me, you can always find me on Facebook fending off the masses, haha. Some of you guys have been involved with the collages and other stuff in the 500k, and I look forward to working more with Yama and the rest of you all.

Shenmue Stare has received 3 thanks from: Axm, ShenSun, Yama
Shenmue Stare
Shenmue 500K Staff
Shenmue 500K Staff

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: With myself

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:56 pm

As a Shenmue500k admin, I couldn't agree more. Great initiative and the timing seems to be perfect.

Let's all work together !

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yama
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:04 pm

I was told there would be vol-au-vents.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Yama
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby kingston100 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Well it's good to be back! This is amazing and definitely something we need, as a 500K Admin myself, I can see this definitely benefiting us all :)

kingston100 has received a thanks from: Yama
kingston100
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: gags_92

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Am I the only one in this topic who isn't an admin of some sort?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenSun » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:42 pm

The Shenmue Community is like a second family. So proud to be apart of it :)

You guys rock!

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yama
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Thank you to all admins and fans on all of the Shenmue community sites for never giving up hope. We knew the day would finally come if we all pressed hard enough and kept positive vibes.

God bless you all!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby redline » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:30 pm

i was just watching one of AdamKoralik most recent shenmue youtube video. i never knew Yu suzuki gave up on shenmue at one point, a few years back and the fans helped change his mind and keep going with it.

shenmue is a real underdog but were gonna win.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mugen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:39 am

You guys are all doing a great job, especially considering we were all surprised by the KS announcement. I always try to promote Shenmuedojo/500k in my videos, same in today's "backer news" episode I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omVWIaSy ... Up&index=9

Keep up the good work!
Mugen
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: Mugen084
Currently playing: Yakuza 2

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:35 am

The greater community I feel is very important. It's one of the main reasons I started the new Shenmue Cast podcast. Getting fans the from the different communities to chat openly with me I feel will bridge some of the gaps and help organize the cause.
Like Marcin and I discussed in the last episode, we feel like part of a family. I hope to continue to grow with it and do whatever I can to make it better.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby elmatto » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:49 pm

I've been lurking for years and only just registered during the E3 conference to participate in the live chat.
You guys are by far one of the greatest communities I've ever seen. I've been a part of several different gaming communities and Shenmue's always felt like it was the tightest. I have no doubt in my mind the kickstarter will end on a high note.

You guys deserve all this and more. Seriously.
elmatto

Postby Supa » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Woo! An exciting time for the fans.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby shenhaZ » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Love you all.
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:24 am

I think it's such a fantastic thing that each sub community offers a little something different to its user, but they all come together to make up one huge mega community. All on the same page, with the same vision of the future. I couldn't be happier with how it all works, and the great job everyone does across the board in keeping it maintained. A lot of people don't get enough thanks for the work they do, which for some, is a round the clock task.

Peter has received a thanks from: Yama
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Next

Return to News and Updates