KS Suggetion- 2 player VS Fighting 5.5m- NPC head re. 10,000

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Suggetion- 2 player VS Fighting 5.5m- NPC head re. 10

Postby Jackie Fhan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:03 pm

sand4fish wrote: I can't get behind this idea as well. Games like Tomb Raider (reboot) and The Last Of Us have multiplayer components outside the core game, and though they are a welcome diversion, no one really remembers them. It simply doesn't enhance the core experience, and so it's deemed to be a waste of resources. It's something Shenmue 3 specially can't spare.

I don't think vs fighting in Shenmue is something that would be forgotten and I is something people would remember, hard to forget that lol

I would play it more than the game after I was finished with the campaign. I'd buy every pack, character pack, clothing packs not cause I want all those things, but because I want to put my money into YS and Shenmue. Win win situation. There are honestly very few games if any that I have ever bought all their dlc extras.

Shenmue, Daytona, and a few select games are games I would buy every dlc, quest, cart, track for. Sega just isn't getting anywhere close to doing it though.

I it was good enough and in evo, it would be bought and playedby many more players with the chance of experiencing the single player game to gain new fans and make more sales. I feel that' only a hug plus.

The characters are really cool and would fit so well

Just the thought of the line up looks insanely cool

Ryo Vs Lan Di
Shenhua
Iwao hazuki
Nozomi
Chai
Ren Wuying
Yuan
iuying Hong
Niao Sun
Dou Niu
Guizhang Chen
Maste Baihu
Goro Mihashi
Tom Johnson
CarlieGrant
Tony Abrams
Yaowen Chen
Fanme Xun
Eileen M. Edelweiss
Jimenez Garcia

Then you ha so many characters that could look so bad ass

Ailian He
Chunyn Xu
Akio Enoki
Tetsuya Nagashima
Akira Nagai
Teruhiko Saijo
Ren Yan
Gangfang Lin

Of course like Tekken you don't need to have completely new animatons and different fighting styles or each one, that wouldn't even make sense anyways. A slightly different standing animation with different win poses is enouhg imo

Just thinking of some of their faces, expressions and seriousness or kindness makes me want this so bad.

I guess it will eventually be a big mod hopefully :)

I'm still thinking of guys ike saijo doing their thing, twirling some beer bottle, drinking etc after he wins

Mix up the basic punch and kicks a bit with some special throws and you coulve have a new king of fighters

It's almost amazing this game doesn't have a fighter with 100 characters.

This game could be the best 3d fighter, like the star wars of fighters and it's just incredible to me they wouldn't atleast highly consider adding it in. Feel like backing 500 for it right now.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Three Blades » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:06 pm

It's still a lot easier than just creating a fighting game from the ground-up, because most of the work has already been done. Maybe tweak the level of damage that moves inflict on the opponents to make sure Ryo isn't super overpowered, but other than that, I don't buy that it would be super hard or expensive to include :-s

Of course, it won't happen, so that's moot, but it would still be awesome if it did.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby joka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:25 am

It'd be do'able if it started life more akin to the 70 man battle from s1- e.g. 1 player competitive battle just using environments/characters from s3- and that could be a KS goal.

But to start off the bat as a fully fledged 2 player system with characters and environments from the previous games would be a big task and would suck a significant amount of resource away from the main game so would be detrimental imo.

We're funding the story campaign of s3 at the end of the day so that's where I want my money to go.

I like the idea- more as a way of extending s3 longevity/replayability as post release dlc though rather than linked to the KS campaign (except in the basic form I mention above).
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:48 am

If there's gonna be any $5.5 mill stretch goal, I think Chinese subtitles would be most feasible as they'd cost less than anything else.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 am

I won't get my hopes up, I'm sure he Is doing some super voodoo something to my heart

Cedric Biscay retweeted
Jeremy Keith ‏@Jackie_Fhan 39m39 minutes ago
@CedricBiscay It would be amazing if you could ever add a 1v1 fighter element to this game in the future,along with ton's of charcters sh123
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ElephantStone » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:47 am

As much as this appeals to me, I really hope they don't waste resources on something like this.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:37 pm

I gotta say, I might going against the tide here and yes resources are a question, but I'm in favour of this. 2bh I always wished it had it in the first two games. I mean the first game actually had online functionality and leaderboard with the Passport disk, so why not the fighting engine? Yes yes, online wasn't up to that high standard at that time, but even without online, you did all that training as your Ryo for storyline fights (and to transfer to Shenmue II). Imagine how neat it would have been to train him up then take him on your VMU to your mates house and do battle. Then, in Shenmue II, it had those off the beaten track fighting areas that were essentially mini-games-that I definately thought should have been at least offline multiplayer.

Or CO-OP 70 man battle!

Anyway, getting back to the new game, I see it as a hybrid of those things, as an off the beaten track mini-game that you can seemlessly go to (or otherwise accessible in the main menu). Training and learning new moves would become even rewarding to transfer to multiplayer. I don't see why it has to ruin the story or cheapen the experience at all, in fact getting familiar with different characters fighting styles and training would increase immersion I think.

Plus, it would generate a new economy through DLC and add-ons, and increase replayability as a decent fighting game for new fans.

TL;DR; Imo, it would increase and deepen the lore, experience and replayability, whilst bringing in some profit for the future of the franchise (we all now how DLC is)
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:41 pm

ElephantStone wrote: As much as this appeals to me, I really hope they don't waste resources on something like this.

It could be a profitable DLC or Shenmue 4 feature. "Shenmue, the adventure game with a true VS fighting mode inside" sounds pretty attractive for a newcomer.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
ElephantStone wrote: As much as this appeals to me, I really hope they don't waste resources on something like this.

It could be a profitable DLC or Shenmue 4 feature. "Shenmue, the adventure game with a true VS fighting mode inside" sounds pretty attractive for a newcomer.

Eh, maybe if SEGA were bankrolling Shenmue 3 there would be the possibility of using Virtua Fighters engine, but I really don't think it'd be much fun to play otherwise; just a diversion.
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Yokosuka wrote:

yes, and consider a few other ideas

Sony is heavily backing a fighter only in SFV

By the time Shenmue comes out there won't be another big fighter releasing (new sf chaarcters probably, but not a new fighter)

So, this is something sony could step in with "team 2" and Yu actually directs that.

At that rate, it could be a stand alone title but I hope not. Well, I guess it depends... I'd rather it came out in the package with SH and was extended through the life of the product along with DLC toys, arcade games etc
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III