Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:40 pm

It is pretty unclear, but i assume Microsoft could step in with a butt tonne of money and blow Sonys "backing" out of the water. The internal details have been sketchy, but i guess their ways of answering the relationship between Sony and Shenmue 3 has been deliberately muddy. But Yu wouldnt do that. Maybe 6 months after the initial release there could be an Xnox one version put into production, who knows.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 pm

If Yu walked out on Sony's stage the chances are that the contacts are 99% signed with whatever deal has been made making this a Sony game. Even if Microsoft came along tomorrow and offered twice the funding Sony are the chances are Sony have it so that Yu can't get out of it. I honestly don't think we'll ever see this game on the Xbox One but Sony don't want to come out and say that it's an exclusive because of the even bigger backlash it would cause that it was crowdfunded.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bellator » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Pledges are slowing down. I don't think we will hit the 4.6 mil today unfortunately
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dragon St. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:27 pm

We will hit it at the end of Friday for sure. I'm more worried about the weekend and the first days of next week. Without some good updates it will slow down to 25k a day again (or worse)...
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:29 pm

We are currently $475,000 from the figure i believe in my head would make this a roaring success, so for me, its awesome! In fact, with just over a week left, beating Bloodstained for the title and capping out at $6 million would make me the happiest i could have ever been with this project.

Peter has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Peter wrote: We are currently $475,000 from the figure i believe in my head would make this a roaring success, so for me, its awesome! In fact, with just over a week left, beating Bloodstained for the title and capping out at $6 million would make me the happiest i could have ever been with this project.

Yeah, I've given up on anything over $6 million, at least during the Kickstarter, but getting that Advanced FREE Battle would be fucking awesome.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:56 pm

See, i know i am probably in the minority here, but the free battles were my least exciting bits of the game. I prefer detective work, exploring, mini games, QTE sequences and cut scenes. The free battles aere just OK to me. Like the 70 man battle, or the Beverly Hills Wharf fiasco, or the black suits in the Yellow Head Building. I could leave most of that.

Peter has received a thanks from: Rakim
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Peter wrote: See, i know i am probably in the minority here, but the free battles were my least exciting bits of the game. I prefer detective work, exploring, mini games, QTE sequences and cut scenes. The free battles aere just OK to me. Like the 70 man battle, or the Beverly Hills Wharf fiasco, or the black suits in the Yellow Head Building. I could leave most of that.

What about the rooftop fight?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Sorry, but "dective work" was pretty meh in Shenmue compared to other adventure games, mostly asking directions and opening drawers.

Free battle is quite good when you start getting in the groove and not trying to exploit elbow assault.

SII had a lot of QTE that were boring.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby MaxTheRabbit » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 pm

to me, the free battles were the real meat of the game - but what made them so enjoyable was the buildup and detective stuff (which of course were wonderful and immersive in their own right) which surrounded the fights

the fights themselves, especially since they were somewhat uncommon, became extremely exciting by punctuating the story elements

MaxTheRabbit has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
MaxTheRabbit
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:57 pm

shredingskin wrote:SII had a lot of QTE that were boring.

I never heard that before. It's hard to believe you can yawn during so cool interactive kung fu scenes.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:02 pm

Or carrying books, or walking planks.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Walking planks are mostly intense, look at Huber playthrough. Ghost Hall Building is pretty popular among the fans.
Carrying books is only boring if you refuse to take risks by running, a slight bit of skill is present and so does reward feeling.
Finally, the only QTE that everyone seem to dislike is the moving crates job.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Himuro wrote:
Peter wrote: See, i know i am probably in the minority here, but the free battles were my least exciting bits of the game. I prefer detective work, exploring, mini games, QTE sequences and cut scenes. The free battles aere just OK to me. Like the 70 man battle, or the Beverly Hills Wharf fiasco, or the black suits in the Yellow Head Building. I could leave most of that.

What about the rooftop fight?

Which one? Against Dou Niu? Its cool, though I think i kinda get bored of the fights because you just end up throwing punches rather than doing complex moves. Again, i think i am in the minority with that. Or perhaps because its 14 years of playing the same games. Id say in Shenmue 3 i will spend a lot more time learning new moves though.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:19 pm

One more good reason to enhance the combat system, right ? Apart for VS fighting fans, Shenmue battle system is hard to handle smoothly while for example Virtua Fighter 5 is much more accessible and pleasing without sacrifice the gameplay depth.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III