Article about wishing plaques.
http://zoomingjapan.com/wiki/ema/

Ziming has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, SheepheadCG
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Re: KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Today would've been the day for a killer trailer. It has front page exposure. I'm bummed out they couldn't time it. I'm not actually sure they were serious about the new trailer.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Reprise » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Wheres the new video they teased? Are they waiting for the last days so it gets as less exposure as possible?

Actually, they're probably waiting until the last days when the final hype and surge starts to build...
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:34 pm

$1400 tier only has one backer so far, and $1500 tier has stalled. Really need to add $1200 rewards to both these tiers and the higher ones.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby iyapol » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Slightly underwhelmed by the new rewards. I'm currently at $120 and will increase to no more than $160 (which is about £100) by the end of the campaign. You're a richer (or a braver) man than me if you can afford one of these $1000+ rewards!
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Just noticed the $160 reward has 20 capsule toy tickets, was that always there?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Names Everywhere

Postby Kobe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Seriously, just woah alright. Like me, I am certain that there are others here that have a growing concern over the amount of names and people (backers) we may happen to see in the game upon it's initial release at Christmas 2017. This ranges from not only the long credits we will get in the end (literally including every sponsors name in the credits that pledges for that reward or higher), but even in temples potentially interfering with our beautiful experience in China. I am not complaining or anything. I am just concerned with all this sponsoring and names we will see scattered all around the area, making it seem out of context and bizarre. We all surely love the fact are names are in it but it could get to the extreme. I hope that Yu Suzuki does the right thing and place them in areas we hardly come across purely to make the game as smooth as possible. I honestly cannot imagine how long Shenmue 3's credits will be. I assure you that we will be in for a hell of a roll when it comes to that.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Amir wrote: Just noticed the $160 reward has 20 capsule toy tickets, was that always there?

Yea it must have been Amir, because they said that once someone backs a tier they can't change the description for it.

"*Changes to Reward pledge buttons are not allowed after they are pledged for, so please see the "Rewards" section below for complete reward details"

Adding $1200 to all higher tiers, which they could easily do since apart from the physical calligraphy print all this content is just digital would definately mean the rest of those $1500 tiers would be snapped up imo, and then possibly might increase the $3000, and $4000 tiers aswell if everything higher included from the $1200 tier downwards.

James Brown has received a thanks from: Amir
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:03 pm

James Brown wrote:
Amir wrote: Just noticed the $160 reward has 20 capsule toy tickets, was that always there?

Yea it must have been Amir, because they said that once someone backs a tier they can't change the description for it.

"*Changes to Reward pledge buttons are not allowed after they are pledged for, so please see the "Rewards" section below for complete reward details"

Adding $1200 to all higher tiers, which they could easily do since apart from the physical calligraphy print all this content is just digital would definately mean the rest of those $1500 tiers would be snapped up imo, and then possibly might increase the $3000, and $4000 tiers aswell if everything higher included from the $1200 tier downwards.

I've messaged a bunch of people about this but still no response :/ Like you said, part from the calligraphy print it's all digital stuff so it wouldn't cost much more to implement.

Amir has received a thanks from: James Brown
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Names Everywhere

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:05 pm

Have you seen the beautiful irl illustrations on the different threads ? The only thing that could interfere our experience is the lucky hit reward and they are only 2 backers at the moment. Yu Suzuki leads the development, not Joel Tess.

Yokosuka has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, johnvivant, RiGoRmOrTiS
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Have you seen the beautiful irl illustrations on the different threads ? The only thing that could interfere our experience is the lucky hit reward and they are only 2 backers at the moment. Yu Suzuki leads the development, not Joel Tess.

100% this.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

Postby ElephantStone » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Reprise wrote:I'll let you into a secret...

Those exclusive in-game items will be worthless like all pre-order DLC exclusives...

Yep, still annoying as fuck for completionists that want to 100% complete Shenmue III.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Kobe wrote:This ranges from not only the long credits we will get in the end (literally including every sponsors name in the credits that pledges for that reward or higher)

Nah, it won't be that long. They'll just condense them and make them much smaller font.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon St. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:12 pm

0 backers for Dreams Come True reward. I'm not surprised. There really is no need for an additional reward with 21 places still available for the I Am Shenmue reward.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kobe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 pm

What is up with that telecom reward thing. Seems very intresting in fact I could up my pledge from 60 to 80 if thats the case. It says on KS that it gives flashback scenes in Shenmue 3 is you have it and you can phone characters Whaaaat? Somebody kindly explain if you know. I'm baffled.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III