The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Postby robatfreedom » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:00 am

I kind of feel that 'the final blow' is a call to action for those already involved.
I.e. If Ryo is the community Dou Niu is the mass media.

I think there should be some coordinated effort to attract new backers. I have already upped my pledge, but that can only do so much. I think it is about getting the fence sitters on board.

I was thinking that a twitter attack with the prhase "I am backing Shenmue because..." or something along those lines, on the 17th. Something that says why people should back. I dunno, it's just thoughts. Just thinking about what that final blow could look like aside from only telling people to back it.
robatfreedom
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby joka » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:17 am

robatfreedom wrote:I kind of feel that 'the final blow' is a call to action for those already involved.
I.e. If Ryo is the community Dou Niu is the mass media.

I think there should be some coordinated effort to attract new backers. I have already upped my pledge, but that can only do so much. I think it is about getting the fence sitters on board.

I was thinking that a twitter attack with the prhase "I am backing Shenmue because..." or something along those lines, on the 17th. Something that says why people should back. I dunno, it's just thoughts. Just thinking about what that final blow could look like aside from only telling people to back it.

It'd be very difficult for the community to target new backers at this point-

A) anyone who needs to know that Shenmue 3 is happening and the KS campaign undoubtedly knows by now and if they don't they clearly can't be reached via social media, gaming websites, new websites etc who have pretty much all covered it to some degree.

B) Those that do know about it but still haven't backed will have an underlying reason- possibly not agreeing with Kickstarter, not having the required format, not having any money etc. Some of those things can only be addressed by Ys net/Yu and the campaign like offering a PayPal option, adding Xbox One copy not by the community and others like them not having any money are just unavoidable.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:32 am

how about on the 15th the whole community create a mass of testimonials for 'Why I love Shenmue and why you should back the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter'
we could put them up on facebook, blogs, forums posts, youtube videos ect and everyone put links to them on twitter, and we go on retweeting them until the end of the campaign?

if it gets media attention this will allow a few days for new backers to pledge before the campaign ends on 17th.

we can show the world our love and enthusiasm for shenmue which might inspire and raise the interest of people not yet familiar with the series. i also hope that the 'Thank Yu' video does something similar.

comments in this thread are particular good;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48024

read it for inspiration when it comes to composing your own shenmue testimonial.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:31 pm

i just sent a tweet to Game Sack and asked whether they could create a shout-out video for the shenmue kickstarter before it ends.

https://twitter.com/john_vivant/status/ ... 9383540737

feel free to retweet mine or create your own. worth a shot.

johnvivant has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, mjq jazz bar
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Retroberra is working on new version of 'The Final Blow' promo video but this time with HQ video provided by Bluemue. He is going to upload a version of it here soon, so if anyone has a suggestions or constructive feedback please advise him.

Hopefully the video can get some heavy circulation as we go into the final few days of the campaign.

here is one of his latest versions (non-HD); if any has any ideas, suggestions or corrections for the video please send a personal message to him. his user name is 'Retroberra';
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srCg_K3fPmE

johnvivant has received a thanks from: elfshadowreaper
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:03 pm

johnvivant wrote: Retroberra is working on new version of 'The Final Blow' promo video but this time with HQ video provided by Bluemue. He is going to upload a version of it here soon, so if anyone has a suggestions or constructive feedback please advise him.

Hopefully the video can get some heavy circulation as we go into the final few days of the campaign.

here is one of his latest versions (non-HD); if any has any ideas, suggestions or corrections for the video please send a personal message to him. his user name is 'Retroberra';

That's awesome!!!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Guys, I've updated the logo. It adds the days (Thursday & Friday) and makes the title pop a little more.

elfshadowreaper has received 2 thanks from: johnvivant, Mystere
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:54 pm

i've noticed on twitter that Team Yu are setting up an event on the 15th called 'Quick Timed Event'
http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=qte

they want all shenmue fans to go that page at a certain time on that date 'and make a few clicks', doesn't go into specifics other than there will be prizes. they even mention 'final blow to the kickstarter'

elfshadowreaper - you might want to include this on the website.

Last edited by johnvivant on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:56 pm

I believe we're actually in good shape. Yes things aren't ideal and we would all love to be doing even better than we are of course (that just shows how passionate we are, and how much we all love this game and this saga.) But let's focus on the positive: We've achieved becoming the second most funded video game on
Kickstarter of all time. At our current pace, even without a final spike we'll end at 4.8 million, but
with a final spike - even a modest one of 800K in split over the last two days - we'll exceed 5.6 million, becoming THE highest funded Kickstarter video game of all time. A title that may never be surpassed potentially.

The average pledged amount for this campaign is more than $80. That never happens. This shows that by and large, those who have pledged are incredibly committed to the game. 30 on the 3rd actually worked. We all stood together and increased our pledges. Even taking away the estimated impact of the announcement of the physical PS4 copy, we raised an estimated additional 60K that day just from people standing together and raising their pledges. (Something I hope we see repeated beginning July 15th with #TheFInalBlow - see http://30onthe3rd.com/finalblow/ for details!)

Pledges are increasing in pace currently. Yesterday we beat the previous day's pledges, and today we're on track to beat yesterday's if they continue at their current clip. So we could already actually being seeing the "tip of the spear" that will become a larger spike two or three days from now.) And Yu said in his Q&A that 1) There will be part time jobs in the game
even if we don't reach 9 million, and 2) All of the locations marked "expanded" in the stretch goals will still be in the game even if we don't exceed 5 million. This says to me that the game will be packed with content and things to do and see, as a Shenmue game should be, even if the physical scale of the world in its entirety is a bit on a smaller side. And, while we don't know yet (and I urge everyone not to ASSUME we will because if we don't, this is our ONLY chance to back the game, so I encourage everyone to do so rather than holding out, unless you simply can't,) we are hopeful that we'll get a PayPal or other donation option after the KS ends. And that should easily allow us to gain the remaining 4 or 5 million we need before too long. In short: We have achieved miraculous success with relatively few people. 55,000 or so people will have stood together to save a game everyone thought was dead by the end of this campaign, and I am truly proud and honored to stand among their ranks. Let's be proud and happy about all of this, and continue pushing for every dollar we can gain before the end. :) Stand proud. Stand united. Never give up. For Shenmue.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:12 pm

johnvivant wrote: i've noticed on twitter that Team Yu are setting up an event on the 15th called 'Quick Timed Event'
http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=qte

they want all shenmue fans to go that page at a certain time on that date 'and make a few clicks', doesn't go into specifics other than there will be prizes. they even mention 'final blow to the kickstarter'

Weird. Definitely looks like they took the general idea and ran with it. But that's fine. I think there's been a lot of hostility since $30 on the 3rd from some of the founders of #SaveShenmue because they felt I was highjacking the established tweetathon. I've just been trying to get the ball rolling with $30 on the 3rd and Final Blow. If someone wants to do their own thing that's fine. We're all in this for Shenmue. I'm interested in what the clicks will do.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:19 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
Weird. Definitely looks like they took the general idea and ran with it. But that's fine. I think there's been a lot of hostility since $30 on the 3rd from some of the founders of #SaveShenmue because they felt I was highjacking the established tweetathon. I've just been trying to get the ball rolling with $30 on the 3rd and Final Blow. If someone wants to do their own thing that's fine. We're all in this for Shenmue. I'm interested in what the clicks will do.

this can be an specific event which is part of 'The Final Blow'. doesn't seem incompatible at all. (shame they didn't put you in the picture beforehand though.)

elfshadowreaper - could you make the final blow banner say 15th to 17th - wednesday, thursday and friday.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Amir has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

johnvivant wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote:

this can be an specific event which is part of 'The Final Blow'. doesn't seem incompatible at all. (shame they didn't put you in the picture beforehand though.)

elfshadowreaper - could you make the final blow banner say 15th to 17th - wednesday, thursday and friday.

I've updated the logo.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:06 pm

johnvivant wrote: Retroberra is working on new version of 'The Final Blow' promo video but this time with HQ video provided by Bluemue. He is going to upload a version of it here soon, so if anyone has a suggestions or constructive feedback please advise him.

Hahaha brilliant!!
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:13 pm

Beautiful.

Between this and Team Yu's QTE event, we are in business at last! I KNEW these communities would rally to create a final push! :D So pleased.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III