KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:07 pm

Well, the Kickstarter has well and truly been fucked. Wonderful.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kobe » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Reprise wrote: Well, the Kickstarter has well and truly been fucked. Wonderful.

Not entirely. I like the idea of giving a wide range of options to choose from even though they are going over the top. Humans can choose where their money travels so humans will do as they please even so if that means lower pledges. Gotta embrace it and look forward to the new campaign, The Final Blow.

Not all hope is lost Reprise.

Kobe has received a thanks from: Reprise
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 pm

I'll be happy with $4.6M, but it just would have been nice to have reached the $5M mark, just because Yu Suzuki is very excited about that stretch goal. Of course, it would have been nicer to beat Bloodstained just for the hype it would bring.

Of course, maybe we will still reach that $5M mark and hopefully we will.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Is Yu Suzuki really going 'yes' to all of this? Even Cedric thinks it's getting silly now too, if his Twitter is anything to go by.

These must have been signed off.

It's very easy to just blame Awesome Japan but any decisions on rewards are ultimately with Yu and Ys Net
Last edited by joka on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joka has received a thanks from: Reprise
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:26 pm

I was hoping we'd reach 6 mil. Seeing just what Suzuki would implement for an Advanced FREE Battle system got me all wet and excited. Now it's not going to happen? :sad:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: I was hoping we'd reach 6 mil. Seeing just what Suzuki would implement for an Advanced FREE Battle system got me all wet and excited. Now it's not going to happen? :sad:

Oh yeah, I was really wanting to hit that, but it became clear to me a while ago that we wouldn't :sad:

Unless, they allow us to work towards the stretch goals after the campaign ends via Paypal 'late backer' rewards and donations etc.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kobe » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: I was hoping we'd reach 6 mil. Seeing just what Suzuki would implement for an Advanced FREE Battle system got me all wet and excited. Now it's not going to happen? :sad:

It is sad that we may not reach stretch goals like these. I also got so over the moon when stuff like this got revealed. If our giant spike at the end can reach this I will be more happy since fighting was just satisfying in Shenmue. Action is good and at least we'll be seeing some in Shenmue 3, there's no doubt there. We already got Battle Event reached.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Stolen from gaf:

It's a mess. I still don't understand the last 6 tiers they added:

Write in a guest hotel, your sign in another inn, your photo here, your face in a toy, you in a toy, you in a toy with a shenmue character, unique scrolls, your signature in a temple, your wishes on another temple, your name in another temple.

WTF.

BTW, seems like the only one that gets all the scrolls is $1400 and $1200.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:13 pm

I want both the $1400 and the $1500 rewards, but can't spring for $2900. If anyone on the $500 or $600 tiers is willing, they can PayPal me that amount and I'll make a second account, or I'll PayPal them $1000 or $900, so they keep all their rewards for their tier and I get my ugly mug in the game for $2400 or $2500.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Reprise wrote:

Oh yeah, I was really wanting to hit that, but it became clear to me a while ago that we wouldn't :sad:

Unless, they allow us to work towards the stretch goals after the campaign ends via Paypal 'late backer' rewards and donations etc.

Projections point to $6M with the last days spike. But like you said, with the post KS paypal option, we will easily reach a couple more goals.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:37 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:
Reprise wrote:

Projections point to $6M with the last days spike. But like you said, with the post KS paypal option, we will easily reach a couple more goals.

I hope we get a spike in the last couple of days, but I don't think we can rely on it. We reached a saturation point early on, due to the wide exposure and E3 announcement and the received a spike later with the physical PS4 announcement. So a last minute spike might not be as great as many of us are hoping.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:45 pm

A week ago people were saying we wouldn't reach 4 million. Let's be positive and wait, hmmm? :-k I you have concerns send them to Cedric or the Kickstarter page.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:59 pm

I still secretly target the 6m. Everything can happen, better or worse. For my part, I read a quite lot of people asking sorts of questions. They're often confused about the included rewards and so they have still not paid.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ElephantStone » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm

Yeah... sorry guys. I'll be dropping my pledge from $800 to $60 until AJ actually make things clearer, and sort out the higher tiers. No fucking way am I dropping that amount on something run so horrendously. If they take this weekend off as they have been doing, I can't even imagine how badly the KS is going to stall.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Sadly I don't think they can change the tiers.

It was really improvised :(
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III