ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: Supa
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:04 pm

I asked Cedric Biscay in french if there would be a "last thing" before the end of th KS.

He answered me that there is one but he is not sure if he will be able to do it.

He said many times he is "pushing". Maybe he is referring to that and doesn t want to tell us as long as it is not 100% sure.

Shenmuehua has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Axm wrote: Kickstarter isnt a Japanese site so they probably dont trust it much and didnt back it. They will buy the game when it comes out at best. Even then, only people who already played the previous titles will be interested. Shenmue is a Chinese word and new eyes will probably be instantly put off by it.

Or...Japanese have trouble using KS because it's an English website and prefer their own Japanese pledging services not due to xenophobia but language barrier.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Sean
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Mystere » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Himuro wrote:
Axm wrote: Kickstarter isnt a Japanese site so they probably dont trust it much and didnt back it. They will buy the game when it comes out at best. Even then, only people who already played the previous titles will be interested. Shenmue is a Chinese word and new eyes will probably be instantly put off by it.

Or...Japanese have trouble using KS because it's an English website and prefer their own Japanese pledging services not due to xenophobia but language barrier.

There's Japanese text in plain sight on the Kickstarter page, which links to this: http://www.shenmue.link/ks.html

It's called "What's Kickstarter?" and explains Shenmue III's KS in Japanese, with pictures.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Doesn't mean the language barrier won't be a problem for some people. Someone even asked Yu that on the Twitter qa.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Mystere » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Himuro wrote: Doesn't mean the language barrier won't be a problem for some people. Someone even asked Yu that on the Twitter qa.

Honestly, if someone can't follow that, I'd say the barrier ain't language.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby punkmanced » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 pm

The "Sign me up" and "Log in with Facebook" buttons aren't translated.
No deal.

:rotflmao:
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Himuro wrote:

You're right. I wrote that in a bad attitude at the time because I was having a bad day here. Some people in this country unrelated to Shenmue are pissing me off and I shouldnt generalize. I'm not usually so negative and judgemental like that. I need a vacation. I'm sure plenty of Japanese people have pledged.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Shenmuehua » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 am

He answered on twitter that he wanted something for the 5.6m stretch goal but couldn t do it on such a short notice.

I asked him if it will be possible to get it later, but he didn t reply yet. Hope he will or disclose what he was thinking of.
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue III