KS Update #35: New $4500 Reward - Name a Vendor

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

KS Update #35: New $4500 Reward - Name a Vendor

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 am

Get to name a street vendor in the Choubu area. Once Yu Suzuki approves your name, it will become vendor’s sign in Chinese and English. Could you be the next Bob or Tom?
RYO VOICE MESSAGE BY COREY MARSHALL Reward included.
Limit 10.
Last edited by Amir on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Re: New $4500 Reward: Name a Vendor

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 am

Aaaaand cue the butthurt....

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, Supa
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 am

Wish I had $4500 to open Amir's Authentic Iranian Kabobs in Guilin...

Amir has received 3 thanks from: ConanTheKing, Sean, Supa
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:21 am

I would still call it Toms hot dog stand :lol:
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

No butthurt here, but it's sure to be another zero backer tier. No positive/negative on the campaign, so whatever.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Thief » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

"$100,000 -- choose new main characters to replace Ryo, Ren, and Shenhua."

I choose Goro, Tom, and Megumi.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby manuel tripero » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

The thing I don't get is why don't they include the lower tiers for these ??

Someone may want this, but also have their photo/toy/sign it's not like it would cost a lot of money (only if they included the jacket maybe).

manuel tripero has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ConanTheKing » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

I'm not being butthurt here but part of me wonders what Shenmue will be like with all the western NPCs, fishing rods, shop names, etc everywhere. Might be mildy amusing.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

Makes sense, i mean the lucky hit board reward was such a huge success that naming a vendor for even more money has great chances to be a success. They are geniuses.

At this point all im gonna do is laugh.

ROFL

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am

Peter wrote: Aaaaand cue the butthurt....

To be fair this is getting a bit much. But I'm just glad Shenmue 3 is a thing.
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am

ConanTheKing wrote: I'm not being butthurt here but part of me wonders what Shenmue will be like with all the western NPCs, fishing rods, shop names, etc everywhere. Might be mildy amusing.

I wouldn't worry about it considering no one is backing these items.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am

ConanTheKing wrote: I'm not being butthurt here but part of me wonders what Shenmue will be like with all the western NPCs, fishing rods, shop names, etc everywhere. Might be mildy amusing.

I doubt more than 1 or 2 people will go for this, so it won't be any more out of place than Tom's Hot Dog Stand I guess. I think this is a better idea than the fishing rod one, but then again I'm not a fishing enthusiast.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby manuel tripero » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am

It would be funny if someone bought all of these tiers, let's say someone called bill.

Bill pizzeria, bill's rod, bill's capsule toy with nozomi, etc.

Shenmue III: bill's world.

manuel tripero has received a thanks from: ConanTheKing
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am

#YouaskYu Redo & New Reward
Posted by Ys Net
Greetings Backers and Shenmue Fans!

Yu-san sends a big thanks for all of your questions at #YouaskYu. Lots of game insights and good laughs await below!

But first, there is a new reward up for grabs. Your name will be turned into Chinese characters (if you don't already have them!) to be the official signage for a local street vendor in Choubu.

NAME A VENDOR - $4,500 Get to name a street vendor in the Choubu area. Once Yu Suzuki approves your name, it will become vendor’s sign in Chinese and English. Could you be the next Bob or Tom? RYO VOICE MESSAGE BY COREY MARSHALL Reward included. Limit 10.

#YouaskYu - July 11 Redo
(日本語版はページの下側に!)

Q.Would you consider adding a dating mini game with Nozomi as a reward? A. I would like to make it with separate budget, like 2M? (ha ha)
Q. Considering how the Twitch video helped raise funds, are you willing to do another one before the Kickstarter ends? A. I would like to do Twitch or Reddit session again.

Q. What is your worst fear when making a game? A. Creating new elements. Telling whether it will be effective is always difficult. If the results were better than expected, then I could enhance it by simplifying it. If the results are not there, I need to think how to add on to it.

Q. Will Shenmue 3 start in the cave? I want the satisfaction of leaving it myself! don't skip the moment! A. I am thinking either from Shenhua's house, or the road leading up to Bailu Village.

Q. Ryo's jacket looks too neat and tidy, will it be changed to look closer to Shenmue 1 & 2? I'm thinking the same. A. I want it to be more worn out and fits more to Ryo. Brand new jacket doesn't fit.

Q. Is it possible to maybe play darts & other mini games online against fellow Shenmue fans in Shenmue 3?  A. It's one of the things I want to do, but we can't do it all, so still thinking.

Q. Who would win in a race, Hang-On motorcycle vs. Out Run car? A. Definitely the bike. He can't lose to some joyrider with a girl in the passenger seat. -Or- The one who does not get caught by police.

Q. What is your favorite Japanese food/dish to eat? A. Sushi.

Q. If all goes to plan when will we see first gameplay footage of Shenmue 3? A. The footage of final version will come out sometime in 2017.

Q. Will Shenmue 3 have controller support? I can't play with the keyboard and need a console controller to game on pc. A. I'm still thinking about what would be the best.

Q. What will be in the art book? Will it be art just from Shenmue III, or will it be art from all the Shenmue games? A. I'm want to hear requests and comments from you about what we will include.

Q. Any chance to see Hamtaro as a cameo in Shenmue 3? :3 A. http://blogs.c.yimg.jp/res/blog-8f-f9/a ... 2811/img_0

Q. Will you draw new trailer for help the KS? A. Yes we are planning to publish it. Please check our KS page frequently.

Q. Did you base any of the Shenmue characters on people you knew in real life?  A. Some of the characters are based on the staff, like Takimoto-san, Takeuchi-san, Hirai-san and Miyawaki-san.

Q. Did any specific martial arts movies inspire you when creating the Shenmue story? A. Yes. Of course others like books on Chinese martial arts, like Jackie Chen and Bruce Lee. I watch Hong Kong kung-fu movies often. The good parts and the bad from Hong Kong B movies were the most helpful. Jackie and Bruce Lee get very complicated with their moves and it is hard to break them down.

Q. I am really happy to see you will be able to call older characters on the phone. Will Ryo be able to call Goro? A. I like Goro, but I don't know how popular he is among the fans...

Q. Will we be seeing the classic QTE style return with the flashing icons?  A. Yes I would like to implement it. I want it to have more style than Shenmue 1 and 2.

Q. If you could create a spin-off game based around a character other than Ryo, who would you choose? A. I think it will be Ren. Story where he grow from a rogue to a head of the HK Heavens. Then his fate changed by Ryo completely.

Q. Please explain the High Ground Battle System stretch goal for #Shenmue3. A. It enables Ryo to have more interaction with his surroundings to enhance the Battle system. It will be fun to increase the reaction chains.

Q. Hiroshi Fujioka (Iwao Hazuki) was all up for Shenmue City. Will he be back? I would love to see him again. A. He sent me Fujioka-brand Coffee recently.

Q. Would you consider cel shading ONLY for the characters (Ico/Sotc/Last Guardian) to make it look closer to the artwork? A. To express the nostalgia from S1 and S2, I'm not planning to use it.

Q. Where does your interest in Chinese culture come from? A. It’s the romance of Chinese martial arts and Chinese history I feel.

Q. Why are Niao Sun's breasts are so large? A. 98cm. You do the math. Q. Is it safe to assume that the CGI renders from Shenmue 1/2 are the intended final look for the character models? A. The models will have better quality than Shenmue 2.

Q. Could DLC be provided for Shenmue III? Any plan for additional contents after the release ?  A. It's under consideration.

Q. Any chance of seeing a playable Virtua Fighter arcade machine in Shenmue 3? A. Shenmue starts around 1986 where full-polygon games do not exist, so what should I do...?

Q. Sometimes are you not annoyed that the interest of your fans mainly concerns Shenmue, to the detriment of your other work? A. I don't get annoyed, but I would like to hear questions about my other games as well. Before this KS, 80% of questions were Shenmue, 10% were Virtua Fighter, and my other games got 10%.

Q. What are the 3 wishes in the $1400 tier? A. It's not decided, but the current plan is "strength", "more money", and "be popular with girls." It's the wishes of you backers, not Ryo.

Q. If the funding does not make $9M in 8 days, will we see a part time job anyway? A. Even if the funding does not reach $9M there will be part time jobs. How many there will be is still a secret.

Q. Will Ryo shoot fireballs in Shenmue 3 like he did in the trailer of Shenmue Online? A. In Shenmue 3, I want the scenario to allow characters to use more realistic moves.

Q. Except from cows, cats, dogs, birds, fish, what new animals can we expect in Shenmue 3? A. There are scenes set in Chinese mountain roads, so I want to have animals that fits the scene. It will be a spoiler if I go further.

Q. Why did you consider using Unreal Engine 4 instead of other middleware (Unity for example)? What were the criteria?  A. It was the color. I believe UE4 could express the "Shenmue color". Atmosphere, the humidity, a world with "smell."

Q. Yu, if Ryo was based on Akira was Lan Di based roughly on Lau Chan? A. Lan Di uses the same martial arts Lau, but the character and the background setting are very different.

Q. Since the hardware is different, the data will not be transferable, but I was wondering if moves like the Brawling Uppercut will be back? I am so excited for Shenmue 3!" A. I want to consider implementing the Brawling Uppercut and Tornado Kick in Shenmue 3.

Q. I really love Shenmue, but really suck at games. I got through II because of the variable difficulty "rescue mode." Will III have something similar? A. Definitely yes. I want everyone, including new players to enjoy it. So I will implement a variable difficulty system in S3.

Q. In chapter one, was there a picture of Ryo in his school uniform? Have you considered a flashback scene from his school days? I really want to see Ryo in his school uniform!   https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status ... 6245423105

Q. From your games, which character... a) would you want to be friends with? b) do you want as your girlfriend? c) do you totally hate? Please tell!" A. I can't tell you, my wife won't be happy if I did.

Q. With the phone card, will you be able to call Nozomi many times and have different conversations? A. She will hate you if you call too many times.

Q. Will you have a presentation at the Tokyo Game Show? A. This year's TGS, is still undecided.

Q. Suzuki San any details on the Magic Maze? A. Magic Maze is a technology to auto-generate maze. If this is reached, we will have large forest area, and many events and elements along with it.

Q. At the inn for Shenmue 3, will Ryo and Shenhua be sleeping in the same room? A. It depends on the vacancy of Bailu Village Inn.

Q. Have you seen this incredible tribute yet? Please enjoy, from you devoted, loving fanbase. https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v= ... pp=desktop A. I would like to thank all the fans. I will do my best to meet the fans' expectation, regardless of the budget and create a great game.

Q. The part when Ryo goes to Guilin got super interesting! Thanks! Will Ren make an appearance this time?" A. Yes, he will. I'm thinking about how to give him a cool intro.

Q. Will I be able to follow people all around the villages? A. I will talk to Hirai about it.

Q. Will all Shenmue 3 staff be based in Japan or will you outsource to stretch the budget? A. Japan will be the main location for development.

Q. Why were the Bailu stretch goals the last stretch goals? A. Many of the new challenges in S3 are in Baisha. As a result the focus was put there.

Q. Would you like to make new games for arcade machines? A. Yes. Arcade machines have their own intrinsic qualities. I want to make something that utilizes holographic imaging.

Q. Will we see Fuku-san again? Does he become a martial arts master? A. Look forward to his appearances in the telephone calls.

Q. Even if the Kickstarter finishes around the 5 Million mark, will we still have Bailu, Baisha and Choubu in the game? A. Yes they will be in the game.

Q. Had Ryo been loved much to girls in Yokosuka high school? Or shoe box was full of love letter? A. I don't think so. He was not supposed to be like that.

Q. What is your favorite programming language? A. I think C Sharp is a good one among the recent languages.

Q. With QTE being overused in games now, often badly without deep thoughts, how will you approach this in Shenmue 3? A. I want to make a streamlined, Shenmue unique QTE.

Q. How did Ryo get a Sega Saturn in 1986? Does he have time powers? A. That's a secret.

Q. Will you do any crowdfunding in Japan? I am worried about having to make foreign transactions. A. Our homepage has a Kickstarter "how to" in Japanese. If you send us a message in Japanese on the Kickstarter page, we will answer in Japanese. http://shenmue.link/ks2.html

Q. Any plans of a Shenmue TV drama once maybe the full story is revealed in the games? A. I look forward to your support!

Q. I love Shenmue's story and look, but love the BGM the best. Will there be a special CD like the jukebox from Chapter 1?  A. The original soundtrack in $250 tier will have memorable tracks from Shenmue 1 and 2.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am

manuel tripero wrote: It would be funny if someone bought all of these tiers, let's say someone called bill.

Bill pizzeria, bill's rod, bill's capsule toy with nozomi, etc.

Shenmue III: bill's world.

There isn't a tier that lets you put your name in the title of the game... yet.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III