Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

Postby Monkei » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:35 am

I was absent from this community for far too long to actually know Wude, I didn't even know of him. But this is awesome and I want to support what you're doing (and it's going to the kickstarter anyway), so I'll give you another 10$! :)

On a sidenote: Yama, would you kindly change my username to "Monkei"? I'd really like that. And: I didn't get the "add username" option, so I donated manually from my paypal account to [email protected] and added a message. Should have worked this way! :)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:54 am

I don't know who WUDE is, but I'm glad to donate for this community.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby squall » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:58 am

I certainly remember seeing his name from time to time, but since I wasn't actively posting (just browsing) over the years, I can't say I know much about him.

I did just donate $10, to support the community & of course Shenmue. Can't do much more, as I'm still planning to up my actual Kickstarter contribution later today.

That being said, I put the "FOR WUDE!" in the username thing...but not my own username for the rewards. So, the username of the email my paypal came from is starcadedesign, if you can match that to my account, however that works!

Thanks!
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yama » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Threw in the small amount needed to hit $600, we've capped! Any further donations will go to the server, so this event is over! Great job everyone!

Yama has received 8 thanks from: joka, MiTT3NZ, Mr357, Retroberra, Sonoshee, St. Elmo's Fire, Thief, Ziming
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby joka » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Could this message potentially include a general message for the fans that didn't get to see s3 become a reality? I know Wude was a key contributor and whereabouts unknown but there was a topic on here about about someone else that had sadly passed I believe (can't find it now)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Ziming » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 pm

I'd like to thank everyone for donating on behalf of wude. He's helped me and many others in our community.

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:39 pm

This is awesome!! Amazing community spirit!!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Outstanding, really pleased with this :)!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Retroberra » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:18 pm

joka wrote: Could this message potentially include a general message for the fans that didn't get to see s3 become a reality? I know Wude was a key contributor and whereabouts unknown but there was a topic on here about about someone else that had sadly passed I believe (can't find it now)

Maybe we could ask Yu to put some kind of general message like that in the credits? It would be a nice thing to do i think (if they havent already thought about it) :)
Retroberra
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby shenhaZ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:30 pm

5$ from me

shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Just saw this now. I wish I could have been a part. Either way, this is a great tribute. Thank you Ziming!
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Thief » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 pm

This is such an amazing thing. wude was always such a nice and wonderful part of this community. I remember one year, a particularly bad birthday for me, I had come home all pissed off and just overall annoyed. I logged into the dojo and had a private message from wude wishing me a happy birthday. Its such a simple thing but it really brightened up a horrible day and really made a really big difference to me at the time. I really hope he's ok and his absence is not a result of something serious. I'm sad I missed the opportunity to donate towards this, but I've decided to up my pledge in honor of both wude and all the other Shenmue fans who are unable to see this day. "For wude"

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Sonoshee, St. Elmo's Fire
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 pm

I wish we could have done this for Reuben Kee too, but I didn't think of it until now. For those not familiar, he was a composer and Shenmue fan who died in a boating accident in 2007. I'll try to link his cover of the Shenmue credits music, but mobile might make that tough.

phpBB [video]

Mr357 has received 3 thanks from: LucBu, Reprise, Sonoshee
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ash » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:31 pm

joka wrote: Could this message potentially include a general message for the fans that didn't get to see s3 become a reality? I know Wude was a key contributor and whereabouts unknown but there was a topic on here about about someone else that had sadly passed I believe (can't find it now)

I'd really like this too. For Reuben Kee, Bysby (not sure how he's doing), and any others.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LucBu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Mr357 wrote: I wish we could have done this for Reuben Kee too, but I didn't think of it until now. For those not familiar, he was a composer and Shenmue fan who died in a boating accident in 2007. I'll try to link his cover of the Shenmue credits music, but mobile might make that tough.

phpBB [video]

Damn. Reuben Kee's rendition was beautiful.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III