Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

Postby Ziming » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

So as many of you may know by now, one of our community's greatest contributors Wude has been missing for a year. Due to the relatively high frequency of his activity, and in the face of the Shenmue III Kickstarter, this is clearly uncharacteristic of our fellow member, and many of us have come to fear the worst.

However, whether he is active or not, Wude remains one of the most well-revered and highly respected of us here at the Shenmue Dojo, becoming a pioneer in the modding community along with the likes of Master Kyodai and Dotsona, playing just as vital a role as LanDC had during the previous generation.

In his absence, myself and others have banded together to ensure his name is forever immortalised in the credits of Shenmue III, as there are few who are as deserving to receive such an honour. However, many of us feel that being lost amongst thousands of other names does not do him justice, and are therefore launching a last-minute minute campaign of our own to make sure that happens.

Out aim is to get Wude's name in the Choubu Inn guestbook, at a pricely $600.

We enter this campaign at the $100 mark, meaning we need another $500 to snare the SHENMUE GUESTBOOK reward tier. All finances are being handled by site administrator Yama and YouTube channel manager Ziming via the Shenmue Dojo's PayPal account.

All you have to do is donate to the Dojo the usual way using PayPal and include your username and the message "FOR WUDE!".

"But why should I pay money for a guy I don't even know?" I hear you ask... Well, simple really. This is a campaign for Shenmue III's Kickstarter, and what would a KS campaign be without reward tiers?

Please note that all Reward Tiers are subject to hitting the relevant Reward Tiers for the Shenmue III Kickstarter Campaign. In the event of reaching a higher Shenmue III KS Reward Tier, extra rewards shall be held by the Dojo staff and used for future competitions.

Some of Wude's work can be found on his now inactive blog:

http://ichi-3dstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

Again, all you have to do is donate to the Dojo via PayPal and leave the message "FOR WUDE!" along with your username.

Ziming
Banned
Banned

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:49 pm

I just sent a $100 donation for Wude, I was going to add an extra $100 to the KS anyway so this seems like a great way to do it!

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: Yama, Ziming
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:52 pm

A wonderful way to immortalise one of the most magnanimous members to have ever been part of the community.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:54 pm

I only donated a little, but will donate more tomorrow when I have a bit more funds at my disposal. Wude is a legend of our community.

EDIT: Doh, forgot to put "FOR WUDE!" Nevermind, will do that on my next pledge.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Ziming
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mr357 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:14 pm

I also forgot to add the message, but I don't even remember seeing an option for that.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Ziming
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:14 pm

I clicked Add Member Name, and put it there, but this is great. Genuinely hope the guy is okay though, and there's a reason for the year absense.

James Brown has received a thanks from: Ziming
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Mr357 wrote: I also forgot to add the message, but I don't even remember seeing an option for that.

After entering the amount, but before sending the payment, click on the "Add Shenmue Dojo username if applicable" notification (outlined in red in the picture below). A drop down box will appear where you can type in your username/"FOR WUDE!".

Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jibby » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Donated $5. I really wish I could have donated more but sadly I'm not able to at this time. I really hope that we can get his name in the game. I wasn't really around when he was most active, but I've seen some of his posts in older threads. It seems he always had a positive attitude and was always willing to help the community out. He definitely deserves this. Kudos to those who organised it.

Jibby has received a thanks from: Ziming
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Just donated $20. I paid through my mobile. So didn't have 'add Shenmue dojo name' option but I was able to add a note so put in there...

Hopefully that's ok Ziming/Yama- great idea.

joka has received a thanks from: Ziming
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Retroberra » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:03 pm

A great idea! I'm donating for this :D

Retroberra has received a thanks from: Ziming
Retroberra
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Ziming wrote:

Do any of you know his real name? I think that would be much better than just having his Dojo nickname in there.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Ziming wrote:

Do any of you know his real name? I think that would be much better than just having his Dojo nickname in there.

Yeah we know his real name. We'll be adding in "wude" between his first and last name.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:51 pm

I been wondering what had happened to Wude I still have old messages from him saved in my inbox he was really nice person to talk to.
Last edited by The_Intruder on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Ziming wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:
Ziming wrote:

Yeah we know his real name. We'll be adding in "wude" between his first and last name.

That's great. I hope nothing happened to him.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm sure your search has been exhaustive, but has there really been no luck finding him on social media or even trying to get ahold of a relative in the area he lives?

Really sad that people can just disappear without a trace in this type of community. I hope he turns up.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III