Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email inside)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email inside)

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Shenmue 3's KS campaign will finish today (tomorrow for Europe, Africa and Asia). It will be the most-funded video game ever on Kickstarter, perhaps even the first video game to surpass the $6 million mark and for that reason Shenmue 3 will be all over the headlines of world wide gaming media once again.

So here's what I thought. With this hype around Shenmue 3 in our sails, now is the perfect time to let Sega know, we want those Shenmue 1 and 2 ports! I've written up a text which I have sent to Sega. If you don't want to write your own email to Sega about S1 and 2 HD, please take the time to copy and paste my text and send it to them. It just takes 3 steps which can be done in less than a minute:

1. Go to Sega's customer support form: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new
(Since I am in Europe, I went through Sega's UK branch website which is in charge of European markets, but it let's you choose the region you are in, even North America, South America, Asia and so on)

2. Fill in your email address, the platform (PC or PS4), etc.

3. Copy and paste the text below into it (or write your own) and send it off to Sega.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Today, Shenmue 3 broke the all-time funding record in the video game category on Kickstarter. See the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

Many Sega fans, to this day, consider Shenmue not only the greatest Sega franchise ever to be created but the greatest franchise ever. Shenmue 3 is scheduled to come to PS4 and PC in 2017.

Your CEO, Mr. Hajime Satomi talked about "trying to win back back fans' trust" in last week's Famitsu interview. Starting with HD ports of Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 for PS4 and PC would be a great way to do that. The games' resolution would just have to be uspscaled and made widescreen. Other than that, not much would have to be done. Maybe some minor additions like a waiting option for Shenmue 1. Keeping in touch with YS Net who are currently developing Shenmue 3 and making the Shenmue 1 and 2 HD port's save state compatible with Shenmue 3 would be the icing on the cake.

Tens of thousands or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of old fans would come running back to Sega for that port. The strength of the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 has shown that the appetite for Shenmue games is stronger than ever. This can also be seen on eBay where Shenmue merchandise and games are fetching above their original retail value! Creating HD ports would be not only a popular decision with the fans it would also be highly profitable as well.

Moreover, Shenmue 3, even though it is not going to be a Sega game, is still Sega's IP which they licensed to YS Net. Throughout the last four weeks, Shenmue 3 has repeatedly been making headlines in gaming media all over the world and even made it into the Guiness Book of Records. I think it would be a big image boost for Sega to make those Shenmue 1 and 2 ports and have their name associated with Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 and the sensation it has stirred. Making those ports would get Sega positive headlines all over the world and it would be seen as something they have done for their fans.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, seize this chance and bring back Sega's old glory!

Sincerely,

Please note: I am not a native speaker of English. Thanks to Benwah for proofreading! Also it might help if you take the time to write your own text as they might see it as some kind of spam if everybody uses the same text. If you don't have time for that, you are of course very welcome to use the above text.

And yeah, I got a bit sentimental with the text, but don't blame me. It's Shenmue. :D
Last edited by Hyo Razuki on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hyo Razuki has received 4 thanks from: CodingGenesis, Mr357, sand4fish, Wude-Tang Clan
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email ins

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Done.

Wude-Tang Clan has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Great! Don't forget to do the Twitter thing too, if you have Twitter. Can't hurt to bomb them through email AND Twitter.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:49 pm

yep, i did it too.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Supa » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Done!

Supa has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Benwah » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Here is an updated version of the email. I have adjusted some typographical errors and added in a bit of my own stuff as well. I hope the Op doesn't mind.

--------

Dear Sir or Madam,

Today, Shenmue 3 broke the all-time funding record in the video game category on Kickstarter. See the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

Many Sega fans, to this day, consider Shenmue not only the greatest Sega franchise ever to be created but the greatest franchise ever. Shenmue 3 is scheduled to come to PS4 and PC in 2017.

If your CEO, Mr. Hajime Satomi was sincere with what he said about "trying to win back back fans' trust" in last week's Famitsu interview, starting with HD ports of Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 for PS4 and PC would be a great and probably cost-effective way to do that. The games' resolution would just have to be uspscaled and made widescreen. Other than that, not much would have to be done. Maybe some minor additions like a waiting option for Shenmue 1. Keeping in touch with YS Net who are currently developing Shenmue 3 and making the Shenmue 1 and 2 HD port's save state compatible with Shenmue 3 would be the icing on the cake.

Tens of thousands or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of old fans would come running back to Sega for that port. The strength of the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 has shown that the appetite for Shenmue games is stronger than ever. This can also be seen on eBay where Shenmue merchandise and games are fetching above their original retail value! Creating HD ports would be not only a popular decision with the fans it would also be highly profitable as well.

Moreover, Shenmue 3, even though it is not going to be a Sega game, is still Sega's IP which they licensed to YS Net. Throughout the last four weeks, Shenmue 3 has repeatedly been making headlines in gaming media all over the world and even made it into the Guiness Book of Records. I think it would be a big image boost for Sega to make those Shenmue 1 and 2 ports and have their name associated with Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 and the sensation it has stirred. Making those ports would get Sega positive headlines all over the world and it would be seen as something they have done for their fans.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, seize this chance and bring back Sega's old glory!

Sincerely,

Benwah has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Postby Benwah » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I just realised that copying and pasting has messed up the hyper link.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Benwah wrote: I just realised that copying and pasting has messed up the hyper link.

Which one? The one to the KS? The one to Sega's customer support works for me. Maybe it's got something to do with the region you're in. Like it would only let people in Europe go to the European site. Because I went to Sega.com initially and got redirected to the UK website.

PS: Thanks for proofreading. Used your version in my original post. Hope that's fine.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Benwah
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Benwah » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Yep it is the Kickstarter link that got messed up. I'm more than happy for you to have updated the text in your post.

Benwah has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Let's spam them for a while with this. Just a liiiittle bit. \:D/

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmuehua » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Ok done.

Nice idea by the way.

Let s beat the iron as long as it is hot(not sure it is right in english 8) 8) 8) )

Shenmuehua has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Edited my post. The KS hyperlink should work now.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Done. Thanks for the initiative! :D

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby James Brown » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Done aswell cool :)

James Brown has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby elmatto » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:15 pm

The fact that the kickstarter is breaking records has to turn some heads over at sega. Maybe this is what they were waiting for? Hasn't there been multiple rumors about them working on an HD version in the past?
elmatto

Next

Return to Shenmue III