What a journey this month has been.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What a journey this month has been.

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:32 pm

It's crazy, it feels like taking an exam in the way that you get tense or maybe a bit worried about the exam, then it's over and you can breath a sigh of relief, knowing it's now out of your hands and you just wait for the results.

It's only been a month but it feels like so much happened since that E3 announcement, it started with a bang were we broke a record by getting $2 million in nine hours. Then we had a slump that had us all concerned but as a community we banded together to get in contact with Awesome Japan, other forums such as Neogaf and spread campaigns like $30 on the 3rd and The Final Blow.

There's been so many memories of Kobe the troll, Shenhua's butt, anticipation over each new announcement, concerns over click bait articles dealing damage, discussion about Ryo's looks, of course red shirt guy gets a special mention, etc and it went out with a big finale. When we had that slump in the middle and couldn't shift through $3 million it didn't look good but here we are, with over $6 million and now Shenmue III won't be barebones anymore, it's a fleshed out game because as a community we got together. *warm fuzzies all around*

Anyone got any memories to share of this campaign?

ConanTheKing has received 6 thanks from: Himuro, Jibby, Mr357, Reprise, Wude-Tang Clan, Yama
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: What a journey this month has been.

Postby Jibby » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:23 pm

:heart:

Jibby has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby EverybodyLovesRen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Man, we were dreaming about this game since before I joined this site like 10 years ago. I can't believe I can't get to finally see us do this. This is a dream I never thought id see come true.

What a journey. And it's just begun!

EverybodyLovesRen has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
EverybodyLovesRen

Postby mindcrime » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:49 pm

ConanTheKing wrote: It's only been a month but it feels like so much happened since that E3 announcement

I agree with everything you say. It's been a crazy month, and it went by in a flash. A lot of people really went above and beyond with their pledges, and for that I respect them greatly, but of course every single pledge was important.

The next couple of years are going to be a very exciting time for Shenmue fans. It's finally happening! :D

mindcrime has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
mindcrime
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm going to spend some time this month going over some of the old threads about 3 before the Kickstarter was announced. At times I'd feel so hopeless reading them. But they have a different feeling, now.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Fenix » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:01 pm

A month full of 4 Wudes training. Good work guys. This Shenmue is gonna be unique and very special.

It's the Shenmue made by the fans, for the fans. Leaded by Suzuki-san with the help of more true and special fans. This is a historic moment.

Now I think that 14 years has been a good price to pay. Because the game will have a pretty different feeling. Completely different.

Fenix has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 pm

My memories of the campaign:

A lot of people being confused by the reward tiers due to arguably less than ideal planning from the outset.

More passion and love for this series than I ever imagined could exist, despite how much I loved it myself.

Multiple instances of tears of joy (July 3rd push, PS4 physical announcement, finding out Yu cried at E3, learning Yu was moved by the "Thank Yu" video, and of course, this final day.)

The resurrection within my heart and soul of the previously dead belief that DREAMS DO COME TRUE. There just aren't words to adequately express how much more than a mere video game this means to me. Dreamcast changed my life. This is like having something from it back again.

Still overwhelmed by it all.

Also: I really feel, despite how poorly managed certain aspects of the campaign were, Awesome Japan deserves at least credit for all their hard work. Even if they didn't do a fantastic job at all times, no one can deny they worked hard in my opinion. Hard work and poor results aren't mutually exclusive.

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: Wude-Tang Clan
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Anonymous81 wrote: Also: I really feel, despite how poorly managed certain aspects of the campaign were, Awesome Japan deserves at least credit for all their hard work. Even if they didn't do a fantastic job at all times, no one can deny they worked hard in my opinion. Hard work and poor results aren't mutually exclusive.

Agreed; they righted their ship. I feel like the campaign really turned around with the addition of the PS4 physical copy.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby JaySw34 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:48 pm

I'm so happy that I happened to be watching the e3 press conference live when this announcement was made. I've never watched a live e3 conference before. (Have they steamed conferences live in the past?) And to see this happen before my eyes was absolutely astonishing! And I totally lost my shit when Suzuki-san himself took the stage. I was tearing up and my girlfriend had no idea what was going on. After the announcement, I took the time to fully explain to her the magnitude of what had just transpired. It is indeed a moment in my life I will truly never forget. Just incredible.
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Supercereal4 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:05 am

You can't forget the penetration of Nozomi

Supercereal4 has received 2 thanks from: ConanTheKing, Mr357
Supercereal4
Fuku-san
Fuku-san