For those freaking out about Shenmue not hitting $10 million

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

For those freaking out about Shenmue not hitting $10 million

Postby PILMAN » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:41 am

I wanted to make this post as it seems there is still some fear going around in the media that somehow because Shenmues kickstarter didn't pass 10 million dollars that somehow it didn't succeed. Unfortunately I have heard this from others who claim that in order for the game to be truly open world that it would need 10 million.
Based on Suzukis quotes and also his answers, it sounds like this isn't actually the case at all, regardless of the case, if you can donate in the future on paypal, we should definitely encourage further investing but should not promote a negative mentality that somehow we did not succeed in this.

If you check the stretch goals at 11 million, it indicates "Bailu Village Expanded Magic Maze" which simply seems to indicate that if all stretch goals were met (which were added along the time of the kickstarter because we already reached the actual amount requested of 2 million), that due to fan requests of certain things like minigames, forklift, jobs, etc. that Suzuki would offer fan service in exchange for the stretch goals. Actually, it seems to indicate the game already was going to be open world from the beginning and all the stretch goals would do would add some additional options to fighting and some expanded things to do in the other rural villages while Baisha seemed to be the most concern in regards to development. Suzuki even mentioned that he was trying to figure out how forklifts would be utilized that one of the towns was a port town.

So overall I guess the moral is, be happy, we succeeded and I believe Yu Suzuki is happy, and if you "can" contribute more in the future to paypal, by all means feel free to do so, but don't think or expect somehow the game will be any less based on how much was contributed, the figures that were raised are impressive and we should be proud of this!

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/16 ... 2c663ee42f

Also for those who need some reassurance, check this out even though it's old news.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... ts/1283666

PILMAN has received a thanks from: Switch
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue III