When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:15 am

They didn't forget Segagaga 8-[

What is the january game ?
Last edited by Yokosuka on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:21 am

Wow, that's an awesome calendar!!! Thank you for the pictures :)

Owned all those games except march, april and november :-o

Is there a way to order the calendar online?
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:28 am

Yokosuka wrote: They didn't forget Segagaga 8-[

What is the january game ?

Atsumare ! Guruguru Onsen !

phpBB [video]

@Kiske :

Not sure if you can purchase it online, sorry.

DEVILLE_David has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby GYO6161 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:09 pm

If an HD collection came out, would you guys like the Higher res, higher poly Shenmue Passport models to replace the in game models? (for the characters available i mean) kinda like the Uncharted collection when they took the cutscene models and put them in the gameplay?
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby shredingskin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:53 pm

To be honest Shenmue on nulldc (even more on Demul) looks great. If they do have the high res textures (YS said they had the original assets) it's a pretty damn solid ground to work.

I don't know about the uncharted collection, but Ryo's passport looks pretty good (seems like his hair is longer for some reason, though).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Reprise » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:13 am

That calendar is awesome! Where can you buy them from?
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Switch » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:11 am

Reprise wrote: That calendar is awesome! Where can you buy them from?

I see they're available from the SEGA online store - they only ship directly within Japan though.
https://ebten.jp/sega/p/4974365717544/
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Zoltor » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Switch wrote:
Reprise wrote: That calendar is awesome! Where can you buy them from?

I see they're available from the SEGA online store - they only ship directly within Japan though.
https://ebten.jp/sega/p/4974365717544/

This is why I always see Sega making merchandise as a negative, and there are no indications whatso ever, that they will be changing their ways, ever.

Sega needs to wake up, It's not the god damn 80s or 90s anymore, Japan is no longer the strongest gaming market, so making it so merchandise can only be bought in Japan, is a asinine decision.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Omg it has Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5, Phantasy Star, AND Shenmue in it!? Do they accept U.S. dollar denominations?

Nevermind only in Japan. I misread the post initially. Thought it said only ships directly FROM Japan, not within. *Sigh*
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Kintor » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:40 pm

Zoltor wrote: This is why I always see Sega making merchandise as a negative, and there are no indications whatso ever, that they will be changing their ways, ever.

Sega needs to wake up, It's not the god damn 80s or 90s anymore, Japan is no longer the strongest gaming market, so making it so merchandise can only be bought in Japan, is a asinine decision.

Honestly, it's quite common for all companies to have region specific merchandise. Given the relatively small quantities of any particular item, not to mention potential licensing issues with regional manufacturers, most merchandise never leaves its country of origin. Thus, Sega (like all publishers) provides licences to manufacturers in each region to make whatever merchandise matches that manufacturer’s area of expertise. Even if this means that both Europe and Japan (for example) end up with similar but separate pieces of merchandise, albeit from different manufacturers.

In turn, the lack of merchandise availability internationally has led to a thriving market of intermediary dealers. This is where the big names like Play-Asia, HobbyLink Japan and AmiAmi have found their niche; businesses with connections to Japan and other regions that import niche items on a massive scale. Plus, there’s always the small independent sellers, like the many people who operate over eBay, selling new Japanese products to people in the West. So while it may be complicated, it’s easier then every before to get hold of Japanese merchandise, no matter where you are in the world.

As for the Dreamcast calendar itself – I think it’s awesome! It’s a promising sign to see Shenmue’s presence as part of the calendar. Sega has been producing much Shenmue merchandise recently and this latest example will only further ensure the future of the Shenmue franchise as a whole. At this rate, Shenmue quickly becoming one of Sega’s most represented franchises.

Kintor has received a thanks from: Monkei
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shenmue852 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:15 pm

so i really wonder if Nocon being hired to work on Shenmue III was partly to cancel his fan made HD remake, so they wouldn't have to compete with it if they re released.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:08 am

Sega Europe asks the fans, for once...

Let's vote for Shenmue guys! :mad:
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 5410866177

Kiske has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby fittersau » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 am

shenmue852 wrote: so i really wonder if Nocon being hired to work on Shenmue III was partly to cancel his fan made HD remake, so they wouldn't have to compete with it if they re released.

One man cannot compete with a studio of staff who have the code source and all materials. While Noconkid making all the beautiful environments is possible, making all the interactivity and logic behind Shenmue 1 would take one person a very long time indeed.

Noconkid got hired because he's already skilled with UE3+UE4. He can make high resolution environments and present them beautifully. He already mentally dedicated himself to make "Shenmue-something", so why not make history and make Shenmue 3. He's the second fan Ys Net have hired.

fittersau has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Monkei
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:09 am

shenmue852 wrote: so i really wonder if Nocon being hired to work on Shenmue III was partly to cancel his fan made HD remake, so they wouldn't have to compete with it if they re released.

Um.

No.

:-s

Himuro has received a thanks from: Monkei
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby punkmanced » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Nocon Kid was most likely hired to work on the flashback scenes.

Re: the competition theory, it’s more valid than you might think. Especially if Sega ends up releasing “bare-bones” ports (if that), whilst Nocon releases his version for free on the internet (which he was considering).

Ideally, I’d love to have him gain experience working on S3, before integrating an official Shenmue [remaster] team…but since Sega doesn’t like money, I won’t hold my breath on this one.

On a side-note, I agree with Zoltor; it seems that certain JPN gaming companies are mentally stuck in the 20th century:
-Konami cancelling awesome IPs to make pachinko machines
-Sega selling merchandise exclusively to JPN market
-Shenmue Paypal officially focusing on the 5 retards who can’t use non-JPN internet.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: shenmue852
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III