What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

Postby Sarahfoxy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:36 pm

This is an interesting thing to think about. First of all, all of the games that were in Shenmue 1 and 2. But one I'd really enjoy seeing is Sonic Championship, I think that would be pretty darn awesome, and especially winning a mini version of. Like to get the mini version you have to beat the game, and maybe something extra, like a certificate when you turn into Super Sonic, like the certificates for beating Hang-On and Space Harrier.
Sarahfoxy
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

Postby zaneiken » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Virtua Fighter

zaneiken has received a thanks from: Esppiral
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby JaySw34 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I know it wasn't around in the 80s but I think it would be cool to have some sort of time trial version of the original Sonic games.
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Well, Sonic wasn't AM2, so that's not gonna happen.

Ferrari F355 Challenge is one I'm hoping for. One of the most authentic sims out there.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:56 pm

Non-Yu's games.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby strider16 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Since the arcade games were only related to previous works from Yu Suzuki until now, it seems that Virtua Fighter is the next step, besides the games already included in s1 and s2, and its sequels (after burner 2, outrun 2). I would REALLY like to see both VF3 and VF4 (I will let sega launch VF5 as a stand-alonge game for PC), since VF3 conversion for DC was rushed, and VF4 could had happened on DC, but didn't.

If sega could be even more cooperative than it already is... well, not to change the scope of shenmue 3 to be a virtual arcade room, but at least scud race and daytona, and stretching a little more, chu chu rocket and cosmic smash.

I like the certificates idea too.
strider16
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Portal Stories: Mel

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:15 pm

None. It's set in the middle of fucking nowhere. The available games should be along the lines of ball in a cup or playing football with rocks.

MiTT3NZ has received 4 thanks from: jakester, myshtuff, Mystere, SaM_4000
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby SaM_4000 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:22 pm

^completely agree.
That is why they have included a mini-game such as fishing which hopefully plays like sega bass fishing. They could also bring back duck racing which would make sense for the area.

Anyway, it brings more creativity to the series if Yu and his team have to think outside the box to create more mini-games and I for one am excited to see what super addictive money-absorbing mini-game they can come up with next.
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Domosuke » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:25 pm

I would like to see Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Super hang on etc.

But lets not kid ourselves. He's in a real poor part of China not in Downtown Tokyo, so they might not put one in for this storyline.

Sega doesn't own this game so theres that issue.

Plus it all depends on our contributions which I'm sure an arcade feature is probably if they have enough spare funds to implement it.
Domosuke
Asia Travel Representative

Postby colacube » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:35 pm

strider16 wrote: Since the arcade games were only related to previous works from Yu Suzuki until now, it seems that Virtua Fighter is the next step, besides the games already included in s1 and s2, and its sequels (after burner 2, outrun 2). I would REALLY like to see both VF3 and VF4 (I will let sega launch VF5 as a stand-alonge game for PC), since VF3 conversion for DC was rushed, and VF4 could had happened on DC, but didn't.

If sega could be even more cooperative than it already is... well, not to change the scope of shenmue 3 to be a virtual arcade room, but at least scud race and daytona, and stretching a little more, chu chu rocket and cosmic smash.

I like the certificates idea too.

The first virtua fighter was released 7 years after Shenmue takes place (1986), so it could be a little odd. Having VF4 would be particularly bizarre, as it was released 15 years after Shenmue's timeline.

Personally I'd stay away from virtua fighter altogether, as there should be VF-like battles between Ryo and the Chi You Men anyway. Maybe they could have Dynamite Dux.

Also I'm not sure why people keep saying these villages shouldn't have an arcade, they haven't even been designed yet. I could imagine something like this: http://i.imgur.com/Eur9x.jpg
colacube

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Yeah, I don't get the VF suggestions. It would be redundant.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Maybe reflect how stuck in the past the region is by having a token retro arcade machine in a Choubu inn, like Pacman or Pong.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Thief » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:02 pm

I just want Ryo to play as Akira in the arcades.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:12 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: None. It's set in the middle of fucking nowhere. The available games should be along the lines of ball in a cup or playing football with rocks.

Kick the Can: Extreme Edition!!!
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ryo Fhan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:50 pm

House of the Dead
Sega Rally
Daytona USA (since they have the arcade version HD) This should be the big one they should sell it as dlc or include it if you have already purchased it.

They simply need to allow a format where you can play the arcade games outside of the Shenmue series but also inside the Shenmue series. I don' see any reason why he couldn't have a genesis , Saturn etc in his home or certain location he is often around to go home and mess around with.

The games are already emulated and they could sell them as a way to play the games on your ps4 and as way to include them in he lore and fiction of the game at the same time.

This is the ultimate idea for both game players in general who don't even play sh and for those of us who like lore and the style of the sh series

Plus, it's a great excuse to have even more genesis, Saturn, dreamcast games for the PS4/Shenmue store

But sony really needs to allow or a full function store with tabs and specifics.

Going through the LBP store is such a mess that could be fixed with a more dedicated store for such a thing. tabs, specifics (charactrs, games, clothes) whatever.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue III