With Shenmue 3 coming out, we'll finally get to....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

With Shenmue 3 coming out, we'll finally get to....

Postby Englishhedgehog » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:08 am

Use demon's triangle! Ya know at the end of disc 3 of Shenmue 2, when Xiuying gives you that move that you could never get to use because there are no fights in disc 4. That always felt like such a punch in the face to me. Oh, here's this piece of awesomeness that is in your grasp, but you'll never get to use it. Then again, I never managed to pull off the shadow step in a fight after learning to use it.

Englishhedgehog has received a thanks from: Himuro
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Re: With Shenmue 3 coming out, we'll finally get to....

Postby Three Blades » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:41 am

This may sound silly, but when I first played disc 4, I was actually hoping you'd be able to beat the sh*t out of some wolves with your martial arts moves (because one character tells you to beware of wolves). Heh...

Three Blades has received a thanks from: Mr357
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:40 am

but instead you save a drowning deer :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Englishhedgehog wrote: Use demon's triangle! Ya know at the end of disc 3 of Shenmue 2, when Xiuying gives you that move that you could never get to use because there are no fights in disc 4. That always felt like such a punch in the face to me. Oh, here's this piece of awesomeness that is in your grasp, but you'll never get to use it. Then again, I never managed to pull off the shadow step in a fight after learning to use it.

In all fairness, when Shenmue 2 was in production, they didn't know Sega would pull the plug so quickly on Shenmue 3. I don't think it was intentional that we never got to use that move. :P
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:38 pm

^^ THIS!
all on $ega.
dead certain yu/am2r&d would've carried on if they didn't have the rug pulled from under em... :cry:
[edit]
to be clear, they would've carried on soon after 2. (but the corporate structure then said NO! things appear to be different now.)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby johnvivant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Three Blades wrote: This may sound silly, but when I first played disc 4, I was actually hoping you'd be able to beat the sh*t out of some wolves with your martial arts moves (because one character tells you to beware of wolves). Heh...

yeah same here. when a villager in languishan warned me about the wolves I was very worried. then when you hear the howling outside the cave when you are with shenhua I was convinced that there was going to be some wolf beating qte action!

maybe we'll get to beat up some animals in 3. O:)
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LucBu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Englishhedgehog wrote:Use demon's triangle! Ya know at the end of disc 3 of Shenmue 2, when Xiuying gives you that move that you could never get to use because there are no fights in disc 4. That always felt like such a punch in the face to me. Oh, here's this piece of awesomeness that is in your grasp, but you'll never get to use it. Then again, I never managed to pull off the shadow step in a fight after learning to use it.

Don't know if you ever tried this but you can actually use Demon's Triangle in Shenmue 2, if I remember rightly. If you take a file that has Demon's Tiangle learned (a disc 4 file) and play the mnigame section through the fourth disk's menu, you can replay the street fights. The street fights progress in difficulty a little past ten levels of difficulty if I remember. I'm pretty sure I used demon's triangle on the likes of Baihu's harder AI level.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Himuro » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:04 pm

I've always ignored this move because you could never use it in a fight anyways, so I never bothered teaching it to Ryo. Last time, for the stream, because I knew for a fact we were getting III, I decided to learn it for the first time. And wow, it's a powerful move.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:22 pm

I believe you could still use the move when you replay fights from the main menu in Shenmue II
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby shenmue852 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Englishhedgehog wrote: Use demon's triangle! Ya know at the end of disc 3 of Shenmue 2, when Xiuying gives you that move that you could never get to use because there are no fights in disc 4. That always felt like such a punch in the face to me. Oh, here's this piece of awesomeness that is in your grasp, but you'll never get to use it. Then again, I never managed to pull off the shadow step in a fight after learning to use it.

Also, you learn swallow flip from Master Chen at the end of Shenmue but you can only use it one fight- in Shenmue II the move is gone.

I guess Ryo didn't like the move much :roll:
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:55 pm

? I used the Swallow Dive on my last playthrough.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Mr357 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:56 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: ? I used the Swallow Dive on my last playthrough.

Swallow Dive and Flip are two different moves. Swallop Dive is the leg move taught by Gui Zhang, and Swallow Flip is the Hand + Leg move taught by Master Chen just before the final fight against Chai.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shibiryo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:19 am

We finally get to see densely populated areas containing strawhatmen.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby BlueMue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:16 pm

shenmue852 wrote: Also, you learn swallow flip from Master Chen at the end of Shenmue but you can only use it one fight- in Shenmue II the move is gone.

It's still in Shenmue II's move list and you can still perform it with the extension where Ryo will jump up and punch the guy laying on the ground. In fact this is the very move that Ryo uses to defeat Baihu in the first round if you haven't learned the Machine Gun Fist.

The Demons Triangle can be used in the Shenmue Collection when you took a quick look at the scroll in Langhuishan.
It's very powerfull and fast and looks impressive and absolutely painful.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: shenmue852
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue III