Tweetathon & Submit Your Questions for Yu Suzuki

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Tweetathon & Submit Your Questions for Yu Suzuki

Postby Team Yu » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:56 am

Lasting all day Monday is the #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon, with Shenmue fans gathering to make themselves heard on the 3rd.

As a special part of this event, French super fan De ville David would like to announce an opportunity for the community to utilize that unity, by pooling ideas for an upcoming interview he has scheduled with Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki.

Over to David to explain - in English, French, and Japanese!

Team Yu has received 4 thanks from: DEVILLE_David, Giorgio, johnvivant, Mitsuzuki
Team Yu
Team Yu Staff
Team Yu Staff

Re: Tweetathon & Submit Your Questions for Yu Suzuki

Postby Team Yu » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:57 am

English:

Hello everyone! How are you?

Today, I have something special to announce so I hope you will all take some time to read it. Thanks!

Last year, I had the chance to meet Yu Suzuki and interviewed him regarding Shenmue and Shenmue III. My best pleasure was to share with you all the latest information I could get and many of you really appreciated my work, or at least, that's the feeling I was getting from your messages. Never felt so much love and can't thank you enough for that.

During the Kickstarter, I was going to pledge $2000 because that's the maximum I had, but in the final days I decided to reduce it to $600. The reason I reduced my pledge is because I had another project in my head and wanted to get it done for me and for you. And this project was: a new interview with Yu Suzuki!

Yes, since it's official now I can finally announce it: I will meet Yu Suzuki in September in Japan. It wasn't easy to do as I had to cut my pledge, sell some of my rare video game gems in order to gather enough money for the flight and any fees I will have to pay in Japan, but I am glad that it was possible.

Meeting Yu Suzuki once again is something I am really looking forward to. I will bring my own questions, however since I've also been doing this for you, I am going to ask YOURS as well. Of course, I might not be able to ask all of them but as always, I will do my best.

So here we go:

What kind of questions would you like me to ask?

What are you looking forward to?

Anything that comes to mind - even if it's not a question, I'll try to turn it into one.

You can either answer directly through comments or you can send your questions to: [email protected]

I cannot provide details about the day of the interview and when it will be published on Shenmue 500k, Shenmue Dojo and Shenmue Master, but whenever I am allowed to do so, you'll be the first to know.

My dream of working as Shenmue III Community Manager is far ahead and it's highly possible that it'll never come true, but that's as far as I am willing to go to show my motivation and how much I am into this to make it happen.

Thanks for your continued support, it helps me a lot.

Best regards,

David

En français:

Bonjour à tous!

Aujourd'hui, j'ai quelque chose d'important à annoncer. J'espère que vous prendrez le temps de lire ce que je vais écrire. Merci à vous!

L'année dernière, j'ai eu l'opportunité de rencontrer Yu Suzuki et de l'interviewer sur l'avenir de Shenmue et bien évidemment, Shenmue III. Ce qui m'a fait le plus plaisir était de pouvoir partager avec vous de nouvelles informations et d'après vos commentaires, vous étiez très satisfaits du contenu. Les messages de remerciements étaient nombreux et je vous en remercie encore une fois. Cela m'avait fait chaud au coeur.

J'avais un budget d'environ 2000 dollars lors de la campagne Kickstarter de Shenmue III. Il était destiné à l'un des rewards "Dragons Don't Sleep" mais j'ai décidé durant les derniers jours de réduire mon don à 600 dollars et de céder la récompense à un fan. La raison pour laquelle j'ai réduit mon pledge est que j'avais un autre projet en tête qui nécessitait de l'argent et je tenais à le réaliser pour moi, et aussi pour vous. Aujourd'hui, c'est officiel et je peux donc l'annoncer: une autre interview de Yu Suzuki est prévue!

C'est donc au mois de septembre que je vais revoir Yu Suzuki afin de l'interviewer et partager tout cela avec vous, une fois de plus. Cela n'a pas été facile car il m'a fallu vendre une partie de ma collection de jeux vidéo et comme indiqué ci-dessus, descendre mon pledge à 600 dollars afin de me payer le billet d'avion et tous les frais que j'aurai une fois sur place. Mais je l'ai fait aussi bien pour moi, que pour vous.

Rencontrer Yu Suzuki à nouveau est une chose que j'attends avec impatience. Mais je ne tiens pas à tout garder pour moi et je compte vous faire participer. En effet, je vais effectivement lui poser mes propres questions, mais je souhaiterais poser les vôtres également.

Quelles questions souhaiteriez-vous que je lui pose?

Quelles sont vos attentes?

Si vous avez des suggestions etc, n'hésitez pas à les écrire.

Vous pouvez poser vos questions directement via les commentaires ou les envoyer à: [email protected]

Je ne suis pas en mesure de pouvoir donner la date de publication de l'interview, ni la date précise à laquelle elle aura lieu, mais dès que j'aurai le feu vert, vous serez les premiers informés.
L'objectif aujourd'hui est d'apporter de nouvelles choses aux différentes communautés le temps que le développement de Shenmue III progresse.

Mon rêve de pouvoir travailler en tant que Community Manager via le projet Shenmue III est encore loin et ne se réalisera peut-être jamais, mais je suis prêt à me rendre au Japon et à mes frais si cela peut augmenter mes chances. J'espère atteindre un jour mon objectif grâce à ma motivation et mon envie de bien faire.

Encore merci à vous tous de m'avoir soutenu jusqu'à aujourd'hui. Cela m'a énormément aidé.
J'attends vos questions avec impatience!

A très bientôt!

David

日本語

皆さん、お元気ですか。

本日、大切なことを発表させていただきたいです。本文を読んで頂けたら、嬉しいです。

去年の9月18日にシェンムーとシェンムーIIIについてのインタビューを鈴木さんと行わせて頂くことが出来ました。おかげさまで、新しい情報をゲットして、世界中のシェンムーファンの皆さんにお伝えできたのは一番良いことでした。感謝のメッセージが沢山届いたことが嬉しかったです。

シェンムーIIIのKickstarterのキャンペーンの間、私は2千ドルぐらいを支援する予定がありましたが、今回の私の企画のために、2千ドルの支援のお金を6百ドルに減らしました。その企画は確定されましたので、このページで皆さんに発表します。昨年に引き続き、今年も鈴木さんと一緒に会い、インタビューを行わせて頂くことになりました!

確定できるため、支援を減らして、自分のゲームコレクションも売ることにして、簡単ではありませんでしたが、飛行機の切符と来日する期間の資金を用意することが出来ました。

今回は、自分の質問だけではなく、可能であれば、シェンムーファンの皆さんの質問を考慮して、鈴木さんに伝えていきたいと思っています。なので、皆さん、私が鈴木さんに聞いて欲しい質問内容は何でしょうか。何について期待していますか。

質問がありましたら、是非コメントを残してください。または、こちらのメールでご質問を受け付けています。

メール: [email protected]

シェンムーIIIに関する仕事「コミュニティマネージャー」として働かせていただきたいという夢を叶えるために一生懸命頑張りたいですが、実現するかどうかまだ分かりません。ですが、諦めたくないので、最後までアピールしていきたいです。

今まで応援してくださった皆さんに大変感謝しております。

質問をお待ちしております。

デュビル・ダビッド
Team Yu
Team Yu Staff
Team Yu Staff

Re: Tweetathon & Submit Your Questions for Yu Suzuki

Postby laagi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Awesome news \:D/ Huge thanks for sharing this with us! Might have to think of some good questions myself. Hope your dream does come true!
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to News and Updates