Camera

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Camera

Postby iyapol » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:36 am

I have a simple suggestion for Shenmue III - a camera!

It would be awesome if Ryo could pick up a camera on his travels or have the option to buy one early on in the game to capture the scenery, villages and people he meets on his Chinese adventure.

As it's 1988, there could be 2 types of camera - a poloroid camera which produces instant photos (none reversable, of course!) and a camera with film that you would have to take somewhere to get developed.

And, while they're at it, how about a photo booth where Ryo can go and pull some funny faces?

We could then get the option to share our snaps on social media or export in other ways.

I think it would be easy to implement and would be a great little feature. What do other people think?

iyapol has received 3 thanks from: Esppiral, Mr357, NeoShredder
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Camera

Postby johnvivant » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:38 am

my only problem with that i don't want it to devalue the photo's Ryo has already collected (from the previous games and beyond), especially of friends - meaning i don't want the Nozomi and joy Polaroids to be mixed in and lost amongst possibly hundreds to other photos you've taken. if it was kept separate, or could be sorted then that would be better.

ps4 has built in screen shot feature which is nice. it would still be good to have a proper snapshot feature like shenmue 2x had built into the game, that way you could complete challenges by photoing certain npcs and locations in order to unlock bonus content.

i can't see Ryo pulling a funny face in a photo-booth. lol
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby iyapol » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 am

johnvivant wrote: my only problem with that i don't want it to devalue the photo's Ryo has already collected (from the previous games and beyond), especially of friends - meaning i don't want the Nozomi and joy Polaroids to be mixed in and lost amongst possibly hundreds to other photos you've taken. if it was kept separate, or could be sorted then that would better.

I'm sure a simple chronological filtering system would put that right. Or they could jist create a photo album where photos are organised in date order.

If anything like this was considered, it would be nice if they could update the Shenmue I and II polaroids to reflect the III engine and graphics.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shenmue852 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:56 pm

i think it would be fun if Ryo had to wait to develop his film roll and when you get it back it's in an envelope that's a separate inventory item than the polaroid with Nozomi and the photo of Xiuying, Hanhui and Fangmei.

achievements related to the camera could be unlocked regardless of whether the roll has been developed or not. photos should have a filter over them so they don't look like the exact same resolution/color palette as the in game world. it would be fun to see all the photos you forgot about later on.

if you want the photo immediately, it's easy to take screenshots on both PS4 and PC.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III