5 features you would like to see in Shenmue III

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

5 features you would like to see in Shenmue III

Postby iyapol » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:34 am

Now Shenmue III is in its early stages of development, what 5 features would you like to see in the game?

Mine, in no particular order, would be:

1. Improved controls - full 360° movement with the ability to walk, jog, run, crouch, jump and climb.

2. Seamless playing environment - big, seamless playing areas with no load screens.

3. Achievements and online leaderboards - self-explanatory!

4. A camera - Ryo can take snaps which need to be developed. Gamers can share their pictures using social media.

5. Alternative story paths - different decisions lead to different scenarios.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: 5 features you would like to see in Shenmue III

Postby iyapol » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

(6. Chapter 2 - I've seen a brilliant suggestion of using a flashback as a playable version of the boat trip from Japan to Hong Kong.)
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Three Blades » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 am

You know, in the demo of Shenmue1 you can crouch. I guess they took it out because it would have been useless in the game... However, It might be a good idea to put it back if Shenmue 3's plot involves Ryo sneaking around somewhere in the game.

As for my idea, I think that every restaurant in the game should allow you to actually eat there. It doesn't have to do anything like give Ryo energy, it's just for fun. Even better if you can select your actual food from the restaurant's menu!

Three Blades has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:02 am

1) No autistic Ryo and NPCs thanks an incredible amount of dialogues. Never the same sentence in a row.

2) Virtua Fighter 5 combat system or better as Yu wants to evolve it into a new system. I've no problem if it mixes QTE.

3) Full orchestra music, HD 7.1 DTS/Dolby sounds and real use of the bass. I don't care if the game is 100 go with internet content.

4) Option for walking with the stick and run only by pressing the trigger

5) Masters are no longer cheated when you fight them. Find something else to make them stronger than Ryo.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shenmue852 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:10 am

1) No autistic Ryo and NPCs thanks an incredible amount of dialogues. Never the same sentence in a row.

I see...

shenmue852 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shenmue852 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:14 am

Three Blades wrote: You know, in the demo of Shenmue1 you can crouch. I guess they took it out because it would have been useless in the game... However, It might be a good idea to put it back if Shenmue 3's plot involves Ryo sneaking around somewhere in the game.

As for my idea, I think that every restaurant in the game should allow you to actually eat there. It doesn't have to do anything like give Ryo energy, it's just for fun. Even better if you can select your actual food from the restaurant's menu!

definitely this, and being able to eat with characters as part of the rapport system.

the first Shenmue was actually supposed to have detailed ramen where every noodle would shrink as it absorbed more of the soup. I'm not sure if it was intended to be an item Ryo could order though, or if you'd just watch other people eat in extreme detail...

either way, i think it's suitable for an RPG and especially Shenmue since the restaurants are so detailed anyway.

shenmue852 has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rome » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:54 pm

shenmue852 wrote:
Three Blades wrote: You know, in the demo of Shenmue1 you can crouch. I guess they took it out because it would have been useless in the game... However, It might be a good idea to put it back if Shenmue 3's plot involves Ryo sneaking around somewhere in the game.

definitely this, and being able to eat with characters as part of the rapport system.

the first Shenmue was actually supposed to have detailed ramen where every noodle would shrink as it absorbed more of the soup. I'm not sure if it was intended to be an item Ryo could order though, or if you'd just watch other people eat in extreme detail...

either way, i think it's suitable for an RPG and especially Shenmue since the restaurants are so detailed anyway.

Yes, why not be able to have a meal with Shenhua, Ren, or whoever. If not being able to choose your meal, at the very least more cut scenes involving such activities would be a cool addition.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby rigo8582 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Better controls no question. I want something along the lines of Sleeping Dogs or Assassin's Creed.

I hope QTEs are done right and sparingly. I don't find QTEs as enjoyable anymore. Partly due to other games using them too much.

I'm sure this will be the case. But NO loading screens. I'll be ok if its going to different zones but going in and out of buildings I want to seamless now.

Digital watch none of the analog garbage lol.
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby johnvivant » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:58 pm

i wonder whether they will include npc collisions? knocking down npcs doesn't seem like a very Shenmue thing to do however. maybe they could give you the option to apologize like Ryo does in some of the failed qtes from the other games. i want ryo to remain relatively polite.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re:

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:18 pm

johnvivant wrote: i wonder whether they will include npc collisions? knocking down npcs doesn't seem like a very Shenmue thing to do however. maybe they could give you the option to apologize like Ryo does in some of the failed qtes from the other games. i want ryo to remain relatively polite.

Good and important point. Seeing the new animation will be the most impressive part (rather than the graphics) when we discover Shenmue next-gen for the first time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Gavan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:40 pm

All I want is a game similar to the first 2 that continues the story and has a game world with the same detail and size. Anything else is just a bonus. :)
Gavan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Sonic Mania Plus

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:19 am

Opening drawers, collecting candles and light bulbs.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Steenkoud » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:25 am

Ryo should get a Ak-47
He should be able to steal cars / bikes
The possibilty to beat up random people

Also make it possible to visit a barber shop , tattoo shop.
+
Those kamehameha attacks from the Shenmue Online trailer look fine to me! :-o

Steenkoud has received a thanks from: tomboz
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:57 am

1. Using save stats from S1 and S2 HD, if those games get made, that is.
2. Sega Arcade Games from S1 and 2.
3. Camera
4. NO forklift-driving or at least the option to skip the forklift part. It kinda was the best job and it was OK but I never liked it that much really. Especially the annoying race every morning. If sth like that is in the game, I'd like to be able to skip that.
5. Walkman option coming back, with Ryo actually being able to listen to music on the Walkman while walking around town.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:59 am

For me I want a 4 disc Dreamcast set with everything just like it was..

But at the end of Shenmue 3 the last thing in the credits I want to see is the release date for Shenmue 4 on the Dreamcast 2
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue III