Yu Suzuki New Interview

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Yu Suzuki New Interview

Postby DEVILLE_David » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 am

FR / フランス語 :

Aujourd'hui, j'ai eu l'occasion de passer une bonne partie de la journée et de la soirée en compagnie de Yu Suzuki !

On a beaucoup discuté, de la vie de tous les jours, de nourriture et bien évidemment de Shenmue III !

L'interview ne sera pas disponible de suite, je reviendrai donc vers vous dès qu'elle sera terminée.

Je tiens également à indiquer que d'autres belles choses vont arriver, donc continuez à apporter votre soutien, y'a du lourd en route !

En dehors de Yu Suzuki, j'ai eu l'occasion de rencontrer dans les locaux où le jeu est développé, une bonne partie de l'équipe en charge. Ils travaillent tous les jours du matin au soir pour vous apporter le meilleur et de ce que j'ai vu... c'est sur la bonne voie ! Ils sont aussi super gentils, c'était génial.

La prochaine étape sera le TGS (le 17 et 18 septembre) où je reverrai peut-être Yu Suzuki mais rien de sûr. En attendant, je retourne bosser sur ce qu'il y a à traduire.

Des journées comme celles-là, j'en voudrai tous les jours !

EN / 英語 :

Hey guys !

Today, I had the opportunity to spend most of my time with Yu Suzuki.

We've talked about many things from everyday's life to food and of course,
Shenmue III !

The interview's content won't be available right away and will get back to you once It's done.

I also ask all Shenmue fans to keep providing their support as some beautiful things are on the way, trust me !

Beside the fact that I've met Yu Suzuki, I also had the chance to meet the team in charge of Shenmue III where It's actually being developed.

They're working hard everyday to provide the best experience possible and from what I saw, It's going to be good.

The next step is Tokyo Game Show now (September 17th & 18th) where I might be able to meet Yu Suzuki again but nothing has been decided yet.

Until then, I am going back to work and will try provide another great interview !

See you soon !

David

JP / 日本語 :

皆様、

本日、鈴木裕さんのインタビューを行わせて頂きました。

インタビューの内容を掲載するまで、時間がかかると思います。

これからも、シェンムーを応援してくださるよう皆さんのご協力をお願い致します。

次は東京ゲームショウです。17日から20日までセガのブースで様々なグッズが発売されるようになりますので、興味のある方は、是非、足を運んでみてください!

鈴木さん、今日は色々ありがとうございました。大変感謝しております。

今後とも、宜しくお願い致します。

デュビル・ダビッド
Last edited by DEVILLE_David on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Re: Yu Suzuki New Interview

Postby KidMarine » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:54 am

Amazing! So envious of you right now!
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:00 pm

September 17, huh? That's this Thursday! Sounds great!

This is such a great time to be a Shenmue fan. Pleasant anticipation is just the most beautiful form of joy. I can't believe it! I still sometimes wonder if this is all a dream and then I go to shenmue.link or come here and see that it's actually real!

- Shenmue 3 being in development
- Shenmue soundtrack coming to vinyl
- Great Yu Suzuki interviews coming out one after the other
- Benjamin Berget's new massive Yu Suzuki biography is coming
- The "Gamer's Journey" Shenmue documentary is on it's way

Wow, i can't even name all the awesome Shenmue-related things we're being treated to at the moment. Someone up there has been noticing our efforts and our pain, ladies and gentlemen. We're getting compensation right now. Sooooo much to look forward to.

Still, even the mere fact, that somewhere in this world a bunch of guys are sitting there and developing Shenmue 3 just makes my heart go faster. Such a great time to be a Shenmue fan!

Looking forward to you interview, David! =D>
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:02 pm

Awesome, It's great he gave a actual date for Paypal(really silly he's waiting for TGS, although that could just as easily have been a coincidence at this point, since It's so close to the TGS, might as well)

No, are you implying Yu let you see his secret notes, what juicy info did you pick up I wonder(It's only been a few months, even with the speed you has been known to drive a project team, they must be still working on Bailu village) or hey now, I bet the fishing system is done (atleast the system its self, I'm sure he'll tie things to it down the road, in the typical awesome Yu fassion), you know how it works, don't you :)

Well I can't wait until you spill the beans.

What is that big Timex Shenmue box, you had Yu sign?
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:06 pm

Hopefully we could grab three or four new stretch goals as the Paypal is going to last a limited time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:32 pm

^I wonder how long they will be able to keep this thing running. At some point down the line Yu is gonna want to collect the cash and finalize a budget. Still, I am hoping for at least half a year.

If we could make another 2 million within six months, that would take us up 4 stretch goals and it would mean that we would have made all the goals concerning the battle system which would be a huge achievement in favor of the game. Let's hope for the best!
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:37 pm

I'm thinking more about one month tbh. The paypal is mainly here for the people unable to pay through the kickstarter (especially Japanese people) more than raise the budget.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby James Brown » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Wow dude, that's awesome news, I didn't realise you'd seen Yu today! How exciting! Thanks for bringing the news about Paypal to us early, that must be why they've held off on Paypal since Kickstarter then...because he wanted to get his game expo announcing skills out again for maybe another bit of a publicity push :)

So pleased for you man, I take it those are your treasured Shenmue items you managed to get signed? The watch and original 1999 Tokyo Game Show book, jealous :mrgreen: !
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Gen » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 pm

great news!
Gen
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: ^I wonder how long they will be able to keep this thing running. At some point down the line Yu is gonna want to collect the cash and finalize a budget. Still, I am hoping for at least half a year.

If we could make another 2 million within six months, that would take us up 4 stretch goals and it would mean that we would have made all the goals concerning the battle system which would be a huge achievement in favor of the game. Let's hope for the best!

Why stop at 2m, when 3.2m fully expands the biggest area in the game, gets us all kinds of mini games, Kung Fu Mastery sub system, and Forklift racing+job(that's a lot more, for just 1.2m more then 2m).

We need to be prepared to go into spreading the word mode, like during the KS, because frankly announcing Paypal at TGS, is just about the same as no advertising at all.

To Yokosuka: That would be utterly stupid, and only a moron would have Paypal for just 1 month(Yu is not a moron, so I don't see that being the case), it will likely be around atleast a year(development is 2, lol yea, closer to 3 years, so there's no reason to have Paypal for only a month).

People are so limited in how much they can give in a single month, It's not funny. Look at Star Citizen, do you think that would've hit anywhere even close to that 80m(lol so insane), if people only had a total of 2 months to pay(one for KS, and 1 through Paypal), I think not.

The longer the Paypal option is available, the better.
Last edited by Zoltor on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gen » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: ^I wonder how long they will be able to keep this thing running. At some point down the line Yu is gonna want to collect the cash and finalize a budget. Still, I am hoping for at least half a year.

Yeah, if they keep it running for an extensive period, I'm more than willing to participate in a '30$ on the 3rd' every month.
Gen

Postby johnvivant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:48 pm

thank you so much.

paypal here in 3 days! I can't wait to see what the site looks like. i'm really hoping that they'll bring back the stretch goals. real excited for this. the road to 10 million is still alive!

do you have any news about when the backer exclusive forums are going to be launched?
amazing work david.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:07 pm

@Zoltor: I know what you're getting at. Hell, I'd love if Yu could keep that thing open for a year or even more. I'd happily contribute something every month.

But still, with most businesses out there and with whatever projects they're working on, budget is usually something which is finalized during the early stages of the project and Shenmue is not an online game. I hope you're right, but I think Yu will have finalize the budget soon in order to outline the scale of the project.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: @Zoltor: I know what you're getting at. Hell, I'd love if Yu could keep that thing open for a year or even more. I'd happily contribute something every month.

But still, with most businesses out there and with whatever projects they're working on, budget is usually something which is finalized during the early stages of the project and Shenmue is not an online game. I hope you're right, but I think Yu will have finalize the budget soon in order to outline the scale of the project.

Ofcourse I'm not implying Shenmue 3 will get anywhere near 80m(even if Yu didn't state a cap, and Paypal was around for the better part of 2y, I doubt it would reach /break 20m), but still. Furthermore Yu stated it only needs 11m to make the best possible version of Shenmue 3, so I don't see it ever getting more then 12m(the extra mil, being possibly people just wanting to pre-order the game or get some of the other sweet bonuses), and considering that if it wasn't for all the AJ issues, the KS would've easily reached around 10m, if Paypal is around for a decent amount of time, I don't think that's a far reaching goal/expectation at all.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:36 pm

I'd like to see the High Battle stretch goal come about, sounds interesting and I think $1.2 million is achievable.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Next

Return to Shenmue III