The Last of Us 2 accidentally confirmed

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Last of Us 2 accidentally confirmed

Postby Monkei » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:49 am

Kenny wrote:Even though I don't like Heat and Bad Lieutenant was just random shit with Nick Cage, at least those aforementioned examples are interesting case studies of people.

I liked the Nicolas Cage version a lot, but I think OL was talking about the original. Just saying.

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:15 am

Oh, it's a remake. Never saw the original.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 am

I liked seeing the change in Joel. Sure he was a bit of a dick but after what happened to him and the world I can understand him having a chip on his shoulder. I liked seeing the glimpses of a man who was becoming happy again. They did it in a realistic way by slowly dropping random conversations, most games would have one cutscene and suddenly he'd be bouncing off the walls like Pee Wee.

As for Ellie I think I mainly liked her because of the movie The Road. I was really excited to see that movie and that kid ruined it. His grown up in a world where people want to kill/rape/eat you and all he does is whine because everyone isn't nice to one another. Ellie spoke like a kid who had grown up in a world like that, she knew that if a guy had a gun or knife what to do. I also liked how you would see something like an abandoned Ice Cream truck and after having it explained to her she just couldn't understand it. I really liked that you had one person who lived in the world as we know it and someone who never experienced any of it.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Monkei » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:24 am

Naughty Dog responded. Axm might have been right after all, maybe it was not as much of a confirmation as I thought.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/09/23/naughty-dog-clarifies-the-last-of-us-2-chatter

Would be a nice surprise if they'd actually make some kind of new scifi or fantasy game next instead of a sequel. But I can't really imagine them not secretly working on something already. They've got two teams after all, so I don't know what that "not until a couple of months after Uncharted 4" talk is all about.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby joka » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:49 am

Aren't Naughty Dog owned by Sony?

The game was a commercial success so a sequel is practically a given just from a pure financial sense.

Creatively I think ND love the world and the characters they created in TLOU too much not revisit it either.

Weren't they working on it in secret for a long time? I seem to remember there were hints to the game on newspaper cuttings in Uncharted 2 or 3.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Monkei » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 pm

joka wrote: Aren't Naughty Dog owned by Sony?

The game was a commercial success so a sequel is practically a given just from a pure financial sense

Usually yes, but Naughty Dog proved over and over again they can put out something new and it's still going to be a huge success. Like the first Last of Us most recently. So letting them decide for themselves might be just as viable as ordering them to do a sequel. So far everything they created has been made at least a trilogy of course, so who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

And yeah, the first Last of Us was developed for quite a while in secret, which is why I'm having a hard time believing they're not already working on something. I think TLOU 2 at E3 2016 woudn't be a bad bet.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Anyone who thinks their wont be a TLOU 2 forgets this industry in the end is about making money. No matter what your end story creative preferences are or whatever, the story clearly "ends" completely open to continuation. At its rate I wouldnt even doubt a TLOU 3.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Previous

Return to General Gaming