PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Bellator wrote: They don't seem to give a crap about this paypal campaign.

Whether it's a lack of interest as the main lines of the production are already drawn or they simply don't know how to put a project further since the E3. I gave up any hope of Yu's awareness anyway, it's clearly his fault.

Thankfully, the fans are pretty active to keep burning the flame a little (the making-of translation lastly).

Furthermore, remember that the kickstarter was painfully sluggish before the PS4 physical copy. I honestly can't see this post-campaign as a disappointment considering the expected conditions, not yet. I even think that the 7.5m stretch goal is still very reasonable.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:53 pm

I've suggested the $1000+ Skype convo with Yu Suzuki a few times, that's something I've seen with other Kickstarters.

Another idea nicked from Kenji Eno would be to have a Shenmue-branded seed packet, but in this case it would be for a cherry blossom bonsai tree, maybe include figures of Iwao and young Ryo to place underneath it once it's grown.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 pm

A few more ideas:

- Alternate slipcases for $15 with Kenji Miyawaki and/or Yu Suzuki character art (e.g. Ryo slipcase, Shenhua slipcase, Ren slipcase): http://www.gamepur.com/files/images/201 ... -art-4.png

- $50 for same slipcases but signed by Miyawaki and/or Suzuki

- Dreamcast style cases with choice of Euro, Japan or US style, as seen here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48732

- Again, same but signed for extra

- $50 Shenmue PS4 faceplate

- Replica Hazuki Dojo scrolls ("Keep friends...", etc.)

- $100 upgrade for those who backed Chibi toy rewards to get themselves made into a custom gachapon ($200 for BFF Chibi replicas)

- $30 Shenmue III mousepads

- Hazuki Dojo Gis for the martial arts enthusiasts

- Replica Ren "heads" and "tails" double-sided coins

- $10,000 train with Bajiquan Grand Master Wu and Yu Suzuki
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:04 am

I'm pretty sure they're busy working on the game and right now the Paypal campaign is not a huge concern. They have their funding to work with and they're treating anything extra now as icing on the cake.

There's really nothing inherently wrong with that... Reviving Shenmue is a big task and this is now an Indie project. Resources and time are limited and I'm sure Yu Suzuki and his team are working as hard as they can.

Thinking about new rewards and marketing ideas may seem like a good idea, but I'm sure Yu Suzuki wishes to put his time and energy into completing the best game he can, with the budget he has and not have to then worry about the manufacturing of other merchandise for backers.

It's best to accept the funding that has been raised and be happy that all our dreams of Shenmue 3 happening is now a reality. I don't think stewing and getting angry because you think raising more money would be a piece of cake (it wouldn't be) will help.

And for the record, I can't think of any Slacker Backer campaigns that had huge marketing campaigns, lots of new reward tiers and made loads of money. They're usually treated as an added extra there for people who missed out in the original campaign.

Reprise has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:12 am

Reprise wrote: I'm pretty sure they're busy working on the game and right now the Paypal campaign is not a huge concern. They have their funding to work with and they're treating anything extra now as icing on the cake.

There's really nothing inherently wrong with that... Reviving Shenmue is a big task and this is now an Indie project. Resources and time are limited and I'm sure Yu Suzuki and his team are working as hard as they can.

Thinking about new rewards and marketing ideas may seem like a good idea, but I'm sure Yu Suzuki wishes to put his time and energy into completing the best game he can, with the budget he has and not have to then worry about the manufacturing of other merchandise for backers.

It's best to accept the funding that has been raised and be happy that all our dreams of Shenmue 3 happening is now a reality. I don't think stewing and getting angry because you think raising more money would be a piece of cake (it wouldn't be) will help.

And for the record, I can't think of any Slacker Backer campaigns that had huge marketing campaigns, lots of new reward tiers and made loads of money. They're usually treated as an added extra there for people who missed out in the original campaign.

I don't expect a huge marketing campaign, but I would like the surveys to be sent out to let Kickstarter backers upgrade their pledges. That should be a decent source of revenue without having to expend too much effort.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Reprise » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:36 am

Amir wrote:I don't expect a huge marketing campaign, but I would like the surveys to be sent out to let Kickstarter backers upgrade their pledges. That should be a decent source of revenue without having to expend too much effort.

This is true and although isn't always common with Kickstarters, the guys recently behind the Bloodstained Kickstarter did that and it would be great for Shenmue 3 to have the same. Since they did say they were going to offer upgrades during the Paypal campaign, hopefully they will soon.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Popcorn » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 am

The current amount on the Slacker PayPal page is $6,434,455.

Does that include money raised through the original Kickstarter campaign?
Popcorn
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:31 am

Popcorn wrote: The current amount on the Slacker PayPal page is $6,434,455.

Does that include money raised through the original Kickstarter campaign?

Yes. The PayPal campaign has made roughly $100,000 since it opened.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Popcorn
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 pm

That's awesome we got 100k already. We're basically guaranteed another stretch goal too which makes the Paypal a resounding success.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Snakiest » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Sorry if this has been answered before, but do the more expensive stretch goals include the lower ones in the PayPal campaign? I was thinking of getting a Tshirt and a soundtrack, but I wonder if I have to purchase both for that (or if I can)?
Snakiest
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Amir » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Snakiest wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before, but do the more expensive stretch goals include the lower ones in the PayPal campaign? I was thinking of getting a Tshirt and a soundtrack, but I wonder if I have to purchase both for that (or if I can)?

The $160 reward includes both the digital soundtrack and the T-shirt and so do all the higher rewards, apart from the standalone jacket and statue rewards, and the $8000 original jacket reward.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Snakiest » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 pm

Ok, but I don't want the 160 award, I only want the tshirt and the ost. Should I just buy them separately then?

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby Amir » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:34 pm

Snakiest wrote: Ok, but I don't want the 160 award, I only want the tshirt and the ost. Should I just buy them separately then?

In Yu we trust.

Well the 2 together are $43, so I guess yes.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Snakiest » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:24 am

Then the tshirt reward doesn't include the ost,is that right?

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby Amir » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:45 am

Snakiest wrote: Then the tshirt reward doesn't include the ost,is that right?

In Yu we trust.

Correct, they're 2 separate rewards.

Amir has received a thanks from: Snakiest
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III