PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby SMDzero » Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 pm

d27 wrote: If the hype gets a bit bigger, we should initiate another Thirty on the Third campaign to reach $7m. We are just about 300k off, and we raised 300k since the Kickstarter campaign. So, let's do it one more time!

I second this. Languishing @ 6M still feels like we're just 1/2 way there.

7M is close enough to 10 that I could live with that.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 27, 2016 12:03 am

$6.6 million aint' so bad. If $10 million was Yu Suzuki's pie-in-the-sky dream amount for Kickstarter funds, I don't think we've compromised too hard.

That said, a special anniversary $30 on the 3rd would be nice. We'd need to reach out beyond the Shenmue fanbase though.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Fri May 27, 2016 12:55 am

Spaghetti wrote: $6.6 million aint' so bad. If $10 million was Yu Suzuki's pie-in-the-sky dream amount for Kickstarter funds, I don't think we've compromised too hard.

That said, a special anniversary $30 on the 3rd would be nice. We'd need to reach out beyond the Shenmue fanbase though.

The only thing is Yu Suzuki had planned stretch goals ???? way beyond 10M... can you imagine what they would have been? I could cry thinking about it.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Ziming » Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 am

Once the PC version is available in the Paypal campaign it will be a good opportunity to get more PC gamers into the series.

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Kiske, Spaghetti
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 27, 2016 9:49 am

SMDzero wrote:The only thing is Yu Suzuki had planned stretch goals ???? way beyond 10M... can you imagine what they would have been? I could cry thinking about it.

I wouldn't worry about it. They had to plan for larger amounts, because they had no idea how high or low the campaign could have earned.

Yu has said over and over that the game would be appropriately adjusted to the budget, as with any project. Shenmue III is still Shenmue III, we're not getting an incomplete game or a half-measure.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kindled_One » Fri May 27, 2016 10:12 am

Last edited by Kindled_One on Sun May 29, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kindled_One has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kindled_One
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 am

While it's always nice to see the tally growing, nobody owes it to anybody to keep adding more and more of their own cash. If you want to make repeated donations/purchases then that's great, but don't feel bad for stopping for any reason whatsoever. If you've already made a contribution of any kind then you can take pride in helping to make Shenmue III a better game, and whatever extra you throw in is a bonus.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Kindled_One
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 27, 2016 11:55 am

Agreed with the above.

I'm on the $1,200 tier and haven't contributed again since. I'm waiting on the PC version on Slacker Backer Site, plus, I've been at University and not working since last Autumn. I would have liked to have gone for a higher tier during the Kickstarter, but I was saving for an expensive camera I needed for work/University.

Now that I'm working again, I'm going to start saving some cash for a Ryo jacket replica ($2,400) and contribute that way.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Kindled_One
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 pm

SMDzero wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: $6.6 million aint' so bad. If $10 million was Yu Suzuki's pie-in-the-sky dream amount for Kickstarter funds, I don't think we've compromised too hard.

The only thing is Yu Suzuki had planned stretch goals ???? way beyond 10M... can you imagine what they would have been? I could cry thinking about it.

Eh, Shenmue 3 is the game with whom we will rise from the grave, Shenmue 4 will be the game where Yu will be able to realize his full vision. For a series dead for more than a decade we couldn't have asked for more than that.

Shenhua-Nani? has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:Eh, Shenmue 3 is the game with whom we will rise from the grave, Shenmue 4 will be the game where Yu will be able to realize his full vision. For a series dead for more than a decade we couldn't have asked for more than that.

This is also true. While I'm sure they're doing everything possible to make Shenmue III a great and impressive experience, the sequel (and hopefully the sequel after that) will be where the dreams will be realised.

Of course, Shenmue III still needs to be a success on its own terms for that to happen.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sat May 28, 2016 2:22 am

Few amounts of 'new' backers but, wow, they're still damn generous.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun May 29, 2016 8:31 am

Just threw in another $120. Since there is no upgrade option, and I don't think there ever will be, I wonder if I will see my name in the credits multiple times, because technically I have earned the right to. Or maybe they will let me choose freely what names I want in there. I'd like to put in some names of friends or family members, if it's possible.

I can afford to continuously throw money at the game from time to time at the moment and I've waited for this all my life and I think every Dollar helps, which is why I'm doing what I'm doing. I'm grateful I have the ability to throw in a lttle money occasionally and help making the game better for everyone, but I'm still really unhappy whith how this slacker backer campaign is being run.

I think adding the PC version could easily bring us another $100,000 and it just seems so odd to me not to add it. If you're gonna release the game on two platforms, why would you exclude one of your platforms from the slacker backer campaign?

I can see that there would be technical or legal issues preventing them from using the Paypal campaign to upgrade Kickstarter pledges but what's preventing them from including the PC version on Paypal? I can't wrap my head around it and frankly, it's a bit disappointing, they haven't even given people any explanation for that.

Hyo Razuki has received 4 thanks from: Kindled_One, Shenhua-Nani?, Switch, Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bellator » Sun May 29, 2016 11:06 am

Thank you Hyo for your contributions.

I am thinking about getting a t-shirt and contributing with another 30$ but I am waiting for some announcement (maybe the PC version) that gives the numbers a little bump so I can also contribute to that. Hopefully if the sales bump is big enough it will get the major gaming sites talking about shenmue again.
Bellator
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun May 29, 2016 11:10 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Just threw in another $120. Since there is no upgrade option, and I don't think there ever will be, I wonder if I will see my name in the credits multiple times, because technically I have earned the right to. Or maybe they will let me choose freely what names I want in there. I'd like to put in some names of friends or family members, if it's possible.

You'll get to choose the names in the same way you choose T-shirt sizes, etc: when they send out the surveys closer to release. They don't just take your name from your payment details and use that.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun May 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: Just threw in another $120. Since there is no upgrade option, and I don't think there ever will be, I wonder if I will see my name in the credits multiple times, because technically I have earned the right to. Or maybe they will let me choose freely what names I want in there. I'd like to put in some names of friends or family members, if it's possible.

You'll get to choose the names in the same way you choose T-shirt sizes, etc: when they send out the surveys closer to release. They don't just take your name from your payment details and use that.

Thanks for letting me know. Sounds great. :) I'll definitely put in some family members' and/or friends' names there.

Bellator wrote: Thank you Hyo for your contributions.

I am thinking about getting a t-shirt and contributing with another 30$ but I am waiting for some announcement (maybe the PC version) that gives the numbers a little bump so I can also contribute to that. Hopefully if the sales bump is big enough it will get the major gaming sites talking about shenmue again.

Yeah, I know what you mean. If we want to hit the 7 million mark, I think something big, like the PC version or the upgrades will have to happen. I think we can still make the 7 million happen.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III