Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:33 pm

This is just another major fuckup. You'd think it's common sense to send people an automatically generated email saying "We have received your order. Thank you very much." ](*,)

You should try tweeting Cedric Biscay about this. Maybe also write Shibuya an email: [email protected]
Tell Cedric, you haven't gotten any confirmation email from the Paypal campaign, and it seems you're not the only one. I couldn't find any email address for Awesome Japan, but maybe you can find it. Can't hurt to contact them too.

They need to fix this. Fast. It doesn't look very professional and trustworthy if you can't even get an automatic email right.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:16 am

I've sent an email to Cedric about this (no confirmation mail, shipping fees charged while it was supposed to be free) etc.

There's a lack of communication coming from Awesome Japan who is in charge of the campaign and It's really hurting it.

I will get back to you whenever (and If) I get a reply.

By the way, I have something to ask you :

What would you like to see added to the Slacker Backer Campaign page ? What kind of content are you looking forward to ? Do you expect some things ?

If I can backup and provide your feedback to someone else in charge, I will. I can't guarantee anything but we have to make sure this Paypal campaign provide the best results for Shenmue III.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

DEVILLE_David has received 3 thanks from: Amir, Hyo Razuki, Kiske
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kiske » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:54 am

Thank you David!

I would like them to add as soon as possible pledges upgrades for Kickstarter backers.
Then I will probably raise my pledge based on the new rewards.

Kiske has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby DEVILLE_David » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:30 am

Cedric has replied to my mail. Regarding the discussed problems he's going to contact the people in charge. So the feedback has been done on my part, we have to wait now.

About new rewards, I will tell him about it as soon as possible.

Have nice day guys !

DEVILLE_David has received 5 thanks from: Amir, Hyo Razuki, Kiske, south carmain, Yokosuka
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:33 am

Cheers david. Seems like half of cedric's job has been to "contact people in charge" so far lol

As for the previous thing Yeah they should add all the functionality of the kickstarter. Right now it seems like it's just an incredibly basic system with a somewhat decent skin slapped on it.

In terms of rewards theyre already "discussing" the pc version so I guess there's nothing more that they could add that I really want.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Amir » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:21 am

I'd suggest having the Monaco Dinner + 1 available again, but separately so there's more chance of fan(s) going for it.

Also if they could contact John Sweeney who did that Shenmue print that came out during the Kickstarter, see if he'll sell them a few that Suzuki can sign, and then they can double or triple the price and for the PayPal.

Someone mentioned something about not being able to donate freely to PayPals in Japan (i.e. you need a reward), so maybe they should add something digital at $30, like your name on a Slacker Backer section of the Shenmue website or something similarly trivial and inexpensive.

Amir has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks, David! Great work!

As for rewards, I think pretty much everything has beeen said.

Upgrade option for Kickstarter backers

Add PC version, download and physical

Bring back remaining dinner spots
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hanzumon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:29 pm

I think that the pay pal support would be more successful if they would primarily appeal to Shenmue fans who have already supported the game through Kickstarter . But for this, we need new pledges .

Here my ideas:

- Replicas of the Phoenix- and the Dragon-Mirror
- Shenmue I and II as a movie-collection on DVD
- A long interview with Yu Suzuki and his Co-Wokers about all three shenmue-games on DVD (maybe we fans could send in question for the interviews!)
- The full original soundtrack of the first two games on CD
- Acress to a monthly interview with Yu Suzuki on the progress on Shenmue III

And we need a "patreon-compaign" so that true fans could support Shenmue III with 5 or 10 dollar each month until the release of the game.

Personally I support that project with the 300 Dollar with the sigend kickstarter collectors edition and I am willing to invest more money as a fan. But the itmes on the paypal-compaign are very disapponting to me. I hope of better pledges in the next few weeks.
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby DOS » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:32 pm

DEVILLE_David wrote:There's a lack of communication coming from Awesome Japan who is in charge of the campaign and It's really hurting it.

Awesome Japan messing up again huh... =D>
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby alimn » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Hello Everyone

I see lots of concerns/questions about PayPal, this all must be directed 1st to KS team at KS page first and foremost!

As you see only Kickstarter page, official site and @Shenmue_3 have posted about the paypal 1st not @Yu_Suzuki_Jp

or @YSNET_Inc, this must clear the fact that YSNET is busy with focusing on publishing/developing,

while other teams such as KS team (AJ), Shibuya, etc must stay focused on their own tasks.

(Publishing-Developing= Making and releasing the actual game which is YSNET's main task)

So in regards to Kickstarter, PayPal, Etc:

I suggest you 1st to use the Kickstarter page's contact me feature: http://bit.ly/saveshenmue

(Simply click on YSNET logo and KS Team as YSNET representative will respond)

Don't forget that you can leave comments on KS updates too!

Alternatively you can use http://shenmue.link 's contact.

Don't forget that you can also tweet @Shenmue_3

At the end,

You can tweet @CedricBiscay or http://bit.ly/ShenmueAmbassador (me myself) for further follow up if really needed.

Thank you very much as always.

Best, Novin
Shenmue Brand Ambassador for YSNET

alimn has received a thanks from: sand4fish
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby arwinjohn » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:40 am

Tried sending e-mail to all the related person including Kickstarter KS / YSnet and etc about a week ago, but still no reply from any one of them. There's not much I can do now than to hope they will respond maybe by end of this month or next. It would be great if paypal backers get the same if not similar response treatment to Kickstarter backers. So far no notification, no replies, no updates, just frozen in time.

I just find it very strange and odd that not a single auto generated e-mail was sent as a form of notification of payment received. Would have been nice to know or get at least some sort of auto generated " thank you , we received your payment and order " acknowledgement.
arwinjohn
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: arwinjohn
Currently playing: Destiny

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:24 am

arwinjohn wrote: Tried sending e-mail to all the related person including Kickstarter KS / YSnet and etc about a week ago, but still no reply from any one of them. There's not much I can do now than to hope they will respond maybe by end of this month or next. It would be great if paypal backers get the same if not similar response treatment to Kickstarter backers. So far no notification, no replies, no updates, just frozen in time.

I just find it very strange and odd that not a single auto generated e-mail was sent as a form of notification of payment received. Would have been nice to know or get at least some sort of auto generated " thank you , we received your payment and order " acknowledgement.

That's one of the problems to resolve at the moment. If we want the Paypal campaign to be a success, we need more reactivity coming from Awesome Japan. Why not more appealing rewards, works in progress etc. Interactivity with the fans, newcomers is a must and they have to work on it.

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: Amir, arwinjohn
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:37 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:
arwinjohn wrote: Tried sending e-mail to all the related person including Kickstarter KS / YSnet and etc about a week ago, but still no reply from any one of them. There's not much I can do now than to hope they will respond maybe by end of this month or next. It would be great if paypal backers get the same if not similar response treatment to Kickstarter backers. So far no notification, no replies, no updates, just frozen in time.

That's one of the problems to resolve at the moment. If we want the Paypal campaign to be a success, we need more reactivity coming from Awesome Japan. Why not more appealing rewards, works in progress etc. Interactivity with the fans, newcomers is a must and they have to work on it.

If they pay for my flight for Japan I'll do it, I'll live on ramen for 3 months if it means getting awareness of the PayPal campaign out there! I'm a web developer and even at my basic skill level I know an auto-generated email isn't that hardest thing to do in the world.

Amir has received a thanks from: arwinjohn
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby arwinjohn » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:43 pm

Great news guys. I received my reply today and order confirmation with the e-mail entitled :

Shenmue III Pre-Order Purchase Confirmation

Thank you very much for purchasing Shenmue III. Your order has been confirmed. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Joel &
the Shenmue III Team

Also received a notification from Kickstarter message as well from the spokesperson Joel. I hope you all get your confirmation too. Im very happy to recommend all my friends now to get the paypal slacker backer campaign funded. Good to see they are improving now. :)

arwinjohn has received 3 thanks from: Amir, Yokosuka, Ziming
arwinjohn

PSN: arwinjohn
Currently playing: Destiny

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:23 am

I still haven't received anything :/
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland