How does the "be in the credits" goal work

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

How does the "be in the credits" goal work

Postby Fang Mei 4EVA » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Will they send an email once closer to release? I hope I didnt miss out, I donated extra just to be in the credits ($100), but havent gotten any emails asking what name I want to use in the credits. Anyone with kickstarter experience know how this is usually handled?
Fang Mei 4EVA
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: How does the "be in the credits" goal work

Postby sand4fish » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:38 pm

It depends on the project, but generally they will send you the survey (through your e-mail linked to your Kickstarter account) which you will fill out all the necessary info when the development is more than halfway done.

Source: Me as backer of various Kickstarter projects like Torment: Tides of Numenera and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 am

First name: Shenmue4
Middle name: Is
Last name: Coming

SMDzero has received 2 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, Yokosuka
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Fang Mei 4EVA » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:32 am

so they havent got this info from people yet? will probably send that email out closer to release?

only emails I've got so far are updates on the games development. havent gotten anything regarding backing it since they took the money out.
Fang Mei 4EVA

Postby mrandyk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:06 pm

They will surely wait until they are finished taking donations.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexh86 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:16 pm

I read somewhere that surveys will be sent out later on in the development process. Presumably, the surveys will be different depending on the reward tier. For instance, my tier came with the choice of platform, choice of distribution method, and also a choice of t-shirt size (maybe other things, I don't have it in front of me right now). They will also need an address from those receiving physical goods.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby sand4fish » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Fang Mei 4EVA wrote: so they havent got this info from people yet? will probably send that email out closer to release?

only emails I've got so far are updates on the games development. havent gotten anything regarding backing it since they took the money out.

They haven't sent anything to anyone yet. You'll not miss it as they will send you multiple reminders in case you do not reply. But this all has a long way to go yet, as the team is still accepting Paypal pledges like someone mentioned.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Fang Mei 4EVA » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:51 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Fang Mei 4EVA wrote: so they havent got this info from people yet? will probably send that email out closer to release?

They haven't sent anything to anyone yet. You'll not miss it as they will send you multiple reminders in case you do not reply. But this all has a long way to go yet, as the team is still accepting Paypal pledges like someone mentioned.

ok thanks
Fang Mei 4EVA

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Maybe they just take the name from the respective Kickstarter/Paypal account?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby punkmanced » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:50 pm

sand4fish wrote: It depends on the project, but generally they will send you the survey (through your e-mail linked to your Kickstarter account) which you will fill out all the necessary info when the development is more than halfway done.

Source: Me as backer of various Kickstarter projects like Torment: Tides of Numenera and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Nailed it.

Hyo Razuki wrote:Maybe they just take the name from the respective Kickstarter/Paypal account?

No, from what I've experienced, you get to write your own name (part of the future survey); so, no worries there.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:48 pm

^Sounds great.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue III