Kiske has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Monaco Magic 2016

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:43 am

Oh god. This was such a good call to go. I haven't even really been able to check out the site or anything. Been far too busy organising all sorts of stuff, as well as the press confrence yesterday.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:40 am

These screens really are gorgeous :) Still trying to process that the game actually exists, brings a tear to the eye to see Ryo continue his journey in Guilin after all this time...

Miles Prower has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Monkei
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:18 am

Peter wrote:
Peter wrote: Ok, thanks to David from Shenmue Master, there was no video. It was more of a slideshow. Just in case people are looking for a video of some sorts, as previously reported from JapanFM.

JapanFM seemed to talk about a video presentation for February, not the slideshow of yesterday. But couldn't find confirmation neither. I only heard the confirmation of an exclusive presentation of Shenmue III by Yu Suzuki during the event from one source.

Kiske wrote:Here's what you can expect from your trip to Magic Monaco :heart:

According their Facebook teasing, there is also a possibility that Shibuya will make a surprise announcement following Astroboy Reboot in 2014 and Shenmue III in 2015.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Kiske
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:16 pm

We all know what nocon kid is capable

I hope they manage to pack up a good looking teaser to get people hyped within a couple months.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: shredingskin
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Peter wrote:
Peter wrote: Ok, thanks to David from Shenmue Master, there was no video. It was more of a slideshow. Just in case people are looking for a video of some sorts, as previously reported from JapanFM.

JapanFM seemed to talk about a video presentation for February, not the slideshow of yesterday. But couldn't find confirmation neither. I only heard the confirmation of an exclusive presentation of Shenmue III by Yu Suzuki during the event from one source.

Kiske wrote:Here's what you can expect from your trip to Magic Monaco :heart:

According their Facebook teasing, there is also a possibility that Shibuya will make a surprise announcement following Astroboy Reboot in 2014 and Shenmue III in 2015.

Thank you Yokosuka. A new trailer for Magic Monaco doesn't look that impossible to me.
I'm surprised by the poor news following the press conference. It's like beside the Shenmue 3 new screenshots, no info have been published on gaming websites.

Possible Shibuya suprise annoucement? Shenmue Remaster!!! [-o<
Or more likely... Dragon Ball Reboot? ;-)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby LucBu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Thank you Yokosuka. A new trailer for Magic Monaco doesn't look that impossible to me.
I'm surprised by the poor news following the press conference. It's like beside the Shenmue 3 new screenshots, no info have been published on gaming websites.

I think GameSpot came out with a positive article about the screenshots. The comments are a bit of a shit show though. Not completely, but a bit.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiske » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:12 pm

LucBu wrote:

I think GameSpot came out with a positive article about the screenshots. The comments are a bit of a shit show though. Not completely, but a bit.

I was so used to trashing articles that I decided not to read any of them (dualshockers excepted) but I'm going to read it, minus the full of trolls comments section.

My surprise about the lack of deep news (especially from french websites) is more about the Magic Monaco event.
After all, that's what the conference was about and I was expecting at least an official Press Release from the Magic Monaco "committee".
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:52 pm

I don't think it looks great, but I'd be shocked if the final game looks much like these screens. I'm guessing they're still using lots of stock textures, models, etc.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Shenmue Master released a conference video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNEfWPzuHrI

- The Shenmue III & Suzuki parts lasted only some minutes and no question about the game have been asked by the journalists.

- From 10:42 (about Suzuki as guest)
"We will be fortunate to get pictures and video of Shenmue III as worldwide exclusivity during the event. He will held a conference and a signing session."

- From 41:41 (screenshots release)
"As I said you before, there will normally be a teaser in MAGIC. For sure, a lot of new things will be shown. Today we wanted to expose you a mini-preview with 3 pictures. It's not a big deal but I only want to demonstrate that the development is progressing. It's WIP, we're at a very early stage of the production so obviously shenmue III is not going to look like that in the final version but considering what I've said, it's not bad at all."

"That aren't pictures specifically made for the conference, I only ask Yu to send me screenshots and he did so with no problem. It's a little taste of what we can show for MAGIC and I think we'll get a pretty exceptional conference for all gaming lovers."

Other infos not related with Shenmue :
- Cédric is pride that a lot of foreigners among the visitors are coming as it's still a little event. About 50 American people are expected because of Shenmue III and Romita according him.

- Simultaneous interpreting for all conferences

- Japanese embassy of France is the partner of MAGIC (memo : The place where the press conference has been held is mainly funded by the Japanese government).

- Magic is free (entrance, photos with guests, signing etc.) and there will be no shop. The places are limited to keep the event very friendly.

- Make the event free has been possible thanks the sponsors. Cédric was grateful to his sponsors during the conference.

- Amano highly praised Magic 2015 (Straight after, Cédrid joked "I didn't gave him money" )

- Q : Why will Magic only last one day ?
Cédric : The first reason is economic. The rent becomes very expensive over several days because we can't fill the loss of earnings with paying visitors and paying exhibitors (as the MAGIC is free). So we prefered to do a very exceptional day rather than an event divided into days. As we have not the need to fill a big warehouse like classic events, the idea is really to do our very own and intimate event (the registrations to the event are limited, you need to subscribe before). To make myself clear, the first MAGIC in 2015 should only have been a gala dinner for the opening of Sibuya Prod at Monaco as a promotional event. As we have a lot of star friends in these sectors (animation, manga, gaming), the dinner get bigger and bigger. Then the idea to share these moments with the public came out and the MAGIC became what it is now. [...]

Yokosuka has received 5 thanks from: Giorgio, KidMarine, Kiske, Lan Di-sama, Shendream
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby murdiaries » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:13 am

Do we have an official confirmation on what time shenmue 3 will be shown at the event?
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kiske » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

Yokosuka wrote: Shenmue Master released a conference video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNEfWPzuHrI

- The Shenmue III & Suzuki parts lasted only some minutes and no question about the game have been asked by the journalists.

- From 10:42 (about Suzuki as guest)
"We will be fortunate to get pictures and video of Shenmue III as worldwide exclusivity during the event. He will held a conference and a signing session."

- From 41:41 (screenshots release)
"As I said you before, there will normally be a teaser in MAGIC. For sure, a lot of new things will be shown. Today we wanted to expose you a mini-preview with 3 pictures. It's not a big deal but I only want to demonstrate that the development is progressing. It's WIP, we're at a very early stage of the production so obviously shenmue III is not going to look like that in the final version but considering what I've said, it's not bad at all."

"That aren't pictures specifically made for the conference, I only ask Yu to send me screenshots and he did so with no problem. It's a little taste of what we can show for MAGIC and I think we'll get a pretty exceptional conference for all gaming lovers."

Other infos not related with Shenmue :
- Cédric is pride that a lot of foreigners among the visitors are coming as it's still a little event. About 50 American people are expected because of Shenmue III and Romita according him.

- Simultaneous interpreting for all conferences

- Japanese embassy of France is the partner of MAGIC (memo : The place where the press conference has been held is mainly funded by the Japanese government).

- Magic is free (entrance, photos with guests, signing etc.) and there will be no shop. The places are limited to keep the event very friendly.

- Make the event free has been possible thanks the sponsors. Cédric was grateful to his sponsors during the conference.

- Amano highly praised Magic 2015 (Straight after, Cédrid joked "I didn't gave him money" )

- Q : Why will Magic only last one day ?
Cédric : The first reason is economic. The rent becomes very expensive over several days because we can't fill the loss of earnings with paying visitors and paying exhibitors (as the MAGIC is free). So we prefered to do a very exceptional day rather than an event divided into days. As we have not the need to fill a big warehouse like classic events, the idea is really to do our very own and intimate event (the registrations to the event are limited, you need to subscribe before). To make myself clear, the first MAGIC in 2015 should only have been a gala dinner for the opening of Sibuya Prod at Monaco as a promotional event. As we have a lot of star friends in these sectors (animation, manga, gaming), the dinner get bigger and bigger. Then the idea to share these moments with the public came out and the MAGIC became what it is now. [...]

This is exactly the kind of direct information we needed, thank you Yokosuka! :)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:26 am

murdiaries wrote: Do we have an official confirmation on what time shenmue 3 will be shown at the event?

The event planning is still yet to be decided. Atm, they need to know about how many visitors are sure to come in order to choose the best location in the Grimaldi Forum. Perhaps the information is going to be provided for February 2th, the second press conference before the show.

Ziming wrote: Video recorded and translated by Shendream (Shenmue Master)
phpBB [video]
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 am

What is that song that plays at the end of the video?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Kiske » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:09 am

The_Intruder wrote: What is that song that plays at the end of the video?

Not sure, but I think performers are "Yaneka / B-Sky"
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III