Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Monaco Magic 2016

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:38 pm

GYO6161 wrote: Everytime they tease something, i always get my expectations way out of line.... :-k

Haha, I know the feeling :lol:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Kiske wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Get hype!

But I don't think it'll be a Shenmue HD collection. That's firmly in SEGA's hands from what we've been told since last summer.

I do think they'll try making a splash with Shenmue 3 progress though. A teaser trailer might be on the cards, but I don't think they're far enough along in development. Maybe we'll get some in-depth explanations of game mechanics and test videos.

Remember that Shibuya is a production company.
If it's not Shenmue HD (yes, it's in SEGA's hands but they already allowed Suzuki and Shibuya to Kickstart Shenmue 3, so a deal for HD remasters is not completely impossible) it's probably going to be an important project. Something similar as Astro Boy reboot or some other popular franchise.

Anyway... I'm hyped =P~

Shibuya would be an unnecessary middle man for Shenmue HD though, really. They've indirectly done the hard work by making Shenmue a hot property again, and SEGA would be reluctant to cut another company in on something they already know could be a success. Cedric is either teasing Shenmue 3 or something else.

I don't think Yu and Cedric are totally in the dark about what SEGA may or may not be planning though, but they certainly don't have to push for it to happen now Shenmue 3 made Kickstarter history and broke three records.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Kiske
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Anyway... from Cédric himself, it's not about Shenmue :sad:

https://twitter.com/cedricbiscay/status ... 7870952452

Hype down.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Ah well. What really could we expect anyway?

I'll be happy with progress video and images for Shenmue 3, though I'll be sure to type "PROTOTYPE" every other word if I get to make the NeoGAF thread again. Seems people didn't really get the message last time.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Regarding Ryo and Shenhua character models... Shenhua's would obviously have to be rebuilt from scratch, but...

I honestly liked Ryo's last gen model in Sega Allstars Racing:

Surely if a British studio (Sumo Digital) can get his look down that well, Yu's team shouldn't have any issues in eventually doing so as well.

That said - since SEGA handed off assets to Yu, would it even be possible to just hand him the Allstars racing model? How would it work importing/upgrading it in UE4?
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:26 pm

If I remember right, the All Stars model is a slightly updated version of Ryo's passport model.

Honestly? I think they're better off starting from scratch and working from the concept art and modelled busts instead of rejiggering a model from the late 90s.

While the E3 model definitely wasn't perfect (Ryo needs darker hair, eyes, and skin for one) and didn't look great in a number of angles, I feel like the above picture proves that it at least looks more... modern than the passport/All Starts model.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Sonoshee, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 am

Well, it's not only the passport model they have.

Ryo of Shenmue Online videos looked chill as fuck.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:07 am

Yeah, but even that model looks like mid-2000s CG.

It'd make a good reference though. It's the model that most looks like the Ryo of the original games, but without the kinda fucked facial proportions of the passport model (nose is too slim, jaw too narrow, etc).

Maybe someone should put in a request to Cedric or Yu if they see them at Magic Monaco to use that Online model as a reference.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:23 am

Peter wrote:
Fenix wrote: I'll do my best to try to be in Monaco for the Magic event. I have to see if my wife can take some free days.

Peter, we could meet us if I finally can come. Or organize a meeting via forum.

Yes Fenix! Are you guys staying in Monte Carlo, or coming in for the event only?

If I go, it will only be for the event because hotels in Montecarlo are extremely expensive haha. You can sleep cheaper outside Monaco.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Kiske » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 am

About the rumored teaser at MagicMonaco event.

I guess we can definitely assume there will be a new Shenmue 3 teaser! Can't wait!

Btw, I've read on Cédric Biscay's Twitter account that the event won't probably be streamed live but they will put videos on Youtube: https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 6745882624
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:56 am

[-o< \:D/ =D> a teaser???!! hnnhgg
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:02 am

No offense but I found the beliefs around the Cédric's words a bit impolite. It was pretty obvious that his teasing had no concerns with Shenmue and the world does not revolve around this game. Cédric has a very personal event to organize as he is passionate by a lot of things and it will cover plenty of talented artists besides Yu. It's MAGIC, not Shenmue Premiere. Although his reaction towards Shenmue hype was funny. He must think we are really crazy by now. :lol:

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, VukBZ2005
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:39 am

In all honesty, I don't really understand why Magic Monaco staff asked Cédric to take care of the Shenmue Forever original tweet. It didn't seem to be related to this "amazing new thing" they will announce during Magic Monaco and about which Cédric tweeted a few days ago.

That said I totally agree with you about Magic Monaco beeing a lot more than just an event revolving around Shenmue 3. I sincerely hope this event will gain some reputation worldwide and become a major event for pop-culture (anime, cosplay and videogames), at least in Europe...

As for hyped and crazy reactions of Shenmue fans for every piece of tease, I'm sure Cédric is well aware of how crazy (but at the same time passionate) the Shenmue fans are. :lol:
He really is a great guy!

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: VukBZ2005, Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 am

I didn't even think there would be a teaser, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Then again they knocked out the lake of the lantern bugs demo video pretty quickly during the KS. If they've had adequate time to prepare while developing the game, we might get slightly more than panning/sweeping shots around Bailu Village.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Snakiest » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:16 am

I've had enough half baked teasers. I want something proper now, something people won't mock simply because it is a pre alpha or whatever version. Many will disagree, I guess, but I just want to see Ryo and Shenhua's faces done right in whatever they show us next. -)

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III