Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Postby shredingskin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:00 am

Yokosuka wrote: Three screenshots have been found in a slightly better resolution (1400x648) :

Yeah, I choked a little. Not much, the right ammount, you know.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks Yoko :)

The latest misleading news I'm reading on a few websites is about the alleged NON presence of Shenmue 3 material at E3 2016.

I may be wrong, but I didn't read anything from Yu and Cédric confirming there will be NO Shenmue 3 at E3 2016.
I only read in the Cédric interview that he can't confirmed Shenmue 3 presence at E3. Did I miss something?

I've the impression that some medias misunderstood Yu Suzuki's statement about the trial version not being ready for 2016.

Anyway, this isn't very important but it shows how easily misreported Shenmue 3 news can spread:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/27806-she ... s-95-done/
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/shenmue-ii ... is-95-done
https://t.co/m7u7hqcTJn

Kiske has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:30 am

Wccftech.com was the first website to spread the Gameblog interviews information (thanks my translation it seems lol). They headlined correctly:
"Shenmue III Story Is 95% Done, No Plans To Show The Game During E3 2016".

The other websites simply reused (copy) the same headline with their own language and interpretation. Besides Wccftech, I highly presume none of theses sites have read the Gameblog interviews actually since Wccftech didn't link my translation.

I can't complain because if I was a scammer, I would have headlined rather like this : "Suzuki wants Shenmue III to be delayed" or "Suzuki called for more money, now he wants time too!"
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:47 am

They headlined correctly:
"Shenmue III Story Is 95% Done, No Plans To Show The Game During E3 2016".

Who said there are no plans to show Shenmue 3 stuff at E3 2016? Now I'm confused :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 am

I can't even tell you whether something will happen at E3 but perhaps we'll decide to show something new.

Original :
[...] je ne peux même pas te dire qu'il se passera quelque chose à l'E3, mais peut-être qu'on décidera à un moment donné de montrer à nouveau quelque chose de neuf.

Cédric has currently nothing in mind to show off at E3. I think it will depend of the development circumstances.

At least, that's the way I understood it. I don't think Cédric talked with a disclosure tone this time.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:13 am

Yokosuka wrote:
I can't even tell you whether something will happen at E3 but perhaps we'll decide to show something new.

Original :
[...] je ne peux même pas te dire qu'il se passera quelque chose à l'E3, mais peut-être qu'on décidera à un moment donné de montrer à nouveau quelque chose de neuf.

Cédric has currently nothing in mind to show off at E3. I think it will depend of the development circumstances.

At least, that's the way I understood it. I don't think Cédric talked with a disclosure tone.

Well, your translation is absolutely correct. The way I understand it is that Cédric cannot confirm if there will be or not something Shenmue 3 related during the E3 2016.

In my opinion it's slightly different compared to the affermative headline "No Plans To Show The Game During E3 2016."

As you said, it will probably depend on development circumstances. Cédric said later in the interview that big events such as the E3 are very important to them. I think they will try to show something if it's "Wow reaction" material but for sure, they will keep it a surprise as long as possible.

*I don't have a lot to do this morning :mrgreen:

Kiske has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Esppiral » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:28 am

I did a comparison between Shenmue 3 and Shenmue 2 assets. Hope you find it interesting.

phpBB [video]

Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 am

Kiske wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:

Original :

At least, that's the way I understood it. I don't think Cédric talked with a disclosure tone.

Well, your translation is absolutely correct. The way I understand it is that Cédric cannot confirm if there will be or not something Shenmue 3 related during the E3 2016.

In my opinion it's slightly different compared to the affermative headline "No Plans To Show The Game During E3 2016."

As you said, it will probably depend on development circumstances. Cédric said later in the interview that big events such as the E3 are very important to them. I think they will try to show something if it's "Wow reaction" material but for sure, they will keep it a surprise as long as possible.

*I don't have a lot to do this morning :mrgreen:

Well don't forget, Suzuki-san will be in LA in June for the Kickstarter dinners so I recon it's a safe bet he will be at E3. But in what capacity we don't know. I think it might be low key, but you never know. Next year though.....

Peter has received a thanks from: Kiske
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 am

I forgot about the LA Kickstarter dinner! Isn't the one cancelled 3o seconds prior to the KS end? :cry:

Are you having dinner with Yu in Japan?

Let's hope Shenmue 3 will be present at E3 (Or Shenmue HD [-o< ) with "Slacker Backer" still running!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:11 am

Esppiral wrote: I did a comparison between Shenmue 3 and Shenmue 2 assets. Hope you find it interesting.

phpBB [video]

Exactly the same use of camera movement!

I agree the Cherry tree needs to be more "majestic".

Beside that, it's so great to discover this location again with the Shenmue 3 engine :heart:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby rdk_nl » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:15 am

Yokosuka wrote:
- 600 people were present at the conference in the 800-place Salle Prince Pierre.

I think there where 60 people present at the SIII conference at 9:25AM.
Think the complete list of visitors was 600 (total of the day)

Picture during the SIII Conference (9:44AM):

https://twitter.com/rkeijz/status/703501821424373760

rdk_nl has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
rdk_nl
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 am

This picture is sad. Lot of room for people present at the conference, but still...
I would have expected much more people for Shenmue 3.

Maybe the time schedule wasn't optimal?
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 am

When a french website takes an english website as source for a french interview translated to english.

http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article382706.html

Journalism ](*,)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:37 am

Kiske wrote: This picture is sad. Lot of room for people present at the conference, but still...
I would have expected much more people for Shenmue 3.

Maybe the time schedule wasn't optimal?

This + typical Monaco I presume.
The aging population of Nice didn't help neither to attract more passionate (and knowledgeable) gamers.

About Gamekyo, it's just a blog article. The author has modified slightly his headline, it's more correct now.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fittersau » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:15 am

No event like this should be free. Even if its a nominal fee it should be there.

Was Eurogamer there? Seems like they should have been invited as well as DualShockers.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III