What are the chances of outside investors taking notice?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What are the chances of outside investors taking notice?

Postby Englishhedgehog » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:12 pm

Even considering the kickstarter success, I'm guessing not likely.
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Re: What are the chances of outside investors taking notice?

Postby Himuro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Oh yeah man, a record Kickstarter, and no investors will take notice at all. Shenmue III is dooooomed.

:rotflmao:

](*,)

:roll:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Before the kickstarter end, Cedric said it was possible.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Jibby » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Honestly, I don't feel as if any investors will care that much. Despite being the number 1 most funded game on KS, it's still a big risk. Shenmue III is a big change from what has become the 'industry norm' and I feel as if investors won't want to make such a big risk when they could make more money by investing in something more mainstream with much less of a risk. Not even to mention the somewhat negative media and press towards Shenmue III

Perhaps we'll get some smaller investors who are willing to make such a risk, but I doubt Shenmue III is worth the time of any large well known investors. Not to say that the game is going to be bad, but I don't think it's going to be as huge and amazingly successful as some of us think it will be. We need to be realistic here...
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Jibby wrote: Honestly, I don't feel as if any investors will care that much. Despite being the number 1 most funded game on KS, it's still a big risk. Shenmue III is a big change from what has become the 'industry norm' and I feel as if investors won't want to make such a big risk when they could make more money by investing in something more mainstream with much less of a risk. Not even to mention the somewhat negative media and press towards Shenmue III

Perhaps we'll get some smaller investors who are willing to make such a risk, but I doubt Shenmue III is worth the time of any large well known investors. "Not to say that the game is going to be bad, but I don't think it's going to be as huge and amazingly successful as some of us think it will be." We need to be realistic here...

It's a catch 22 situation, it could very well end up being a bigger success then any of us here can even imagine. However we need investors to step forward to pony up the remaining cash we couldn't get from KS, but bad press, and Sega's mismanagement of Shenmue 2, has investors scared off.

Nevenmind the fact no one knows what is going on in Yu's head lol, and investors don't like that kind of stuff.

Adventure games are on the rise, open world games are very popular these days, and unlike Sega with Shenmue 2, Sony is very likely gonna to actually advertise/push the hell out of Shenmue 3 upon release. It's a winning combination.

The only question is, are investors even putting much thought into Shenmue 3

Zoltor has received a thanks from: Jibby
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Big investors approached Suzuki in the past but he refused their funding on the grounds of creative control. The man chose not to have his vision compromised; he's a pure badass.

However, if I'm correct, Yu did say that he managed to secure some outsider funding via YSNet, but obviously he could not elaborate on that.

Paypal is the best way of getting that $11 million target met and reaching all stretch goals - we made $6m + in a month on the KS. I'm positive that with the right amount of promoting and tweetathon's we can get the other $5 million before the year is out.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Englishhedgehog » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Sonoshee wrote: Big investors approached Suzuki in the past but he refused their funding on the grounds of creative control. The man chose not to have his vision compromised; he's a pure badass.

However, if I'm correct, Yu did say that he managed to secure some outsider funding via YSNet, but obviously he could not elaborate on that.

Paypal is the best way of getting that $11 million target met and reaching all stretch goals - we made $6m + in a month on the KS. I'm positive that with the right amount of promoting and tweetathon's we can get the other $5 million before the year is out.

Clearly you haven't seen the pace we are going at, money wise
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby rigo8582 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 pm

I don't think there are too many outside investors interested right now. If Shenmue III is successful after its released thats when outside investors will get on board.
Last edited by rigo8582 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 am

Most of the inversions done in the world are:

"this thing is stable (said by the banks)"
"this can be a thing (said by the banks)"

So yeah, Shibuya prod, has their own stake in doing the monaco conference a thing (and Shenmue is a good deal), also thinking the relationship between france and monaco, it kinda evolves into a different political deal. The same goes for sony and Yu Suzuki.

The "problem" is that Yu Suzuki is the actual intelectual deal (appart from the brand), and the IP is held by SEGA.

The odds are trying to make a deal with SEGA about next shenmue, or give you the money at a stake of what the game can earn.

Both are pretty damn good options.

Neither is a good enough option to make it over 5m (the deal with SEGA may be).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:04 am

Englishhedgehog wrote:
Sonoshee wrote: Big investors approached Suzuki in the past but he refused their funding on the grounds of creative control. The man chose not to have his vision compromised; he's a pure badass.

Clearly you haven't seen the pace we are going at, money wise

I keep tabs on it every day, actually. I said I was positive, not sure. Let's see how the Oct 3rd Tweetathon does before we get all drab and negative shall we. Paypal doesn't have the awareness that the KS did at E3 and we knew that the initial drive would lose momentum in the months between the KS and PP. Right now we need a positive outlook on this thing. It wasn't negativity that got us this far.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:11 pm

The Kickstarter upgrades might move the needle a little. It's funny how it seemed like thousands of fans wanted the Paypal and how little it's really affected anything. I guess it would've been more of a success had it run immediately after the Kickstarter but who's to say that's true? I think Tweetathons will definitely help a little, but thinking they'll raise even a million seems ridiculous to me right now.

I haven't pledged anything to the Slacker Backer yet, so maybe I'm part of the problem. There's nothing on there that really entices me and I've already given them a substantial amount of money. Where are these hardcore Brazilian, Chinese, Japanese fans we were all hoping would appear?

Pardon my negative tone. I'm still thrilled with how well Shenmue 3 did on Kickstarter and don't really have much invested in the Paypal's success.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:21 pm

This question is too hard.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:24 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: The Kickstarter upgrades might move the needle a little. It's funny how it seemed like thousands of fans wanted the Paypal and how little it's really affected anything. I guess it would've been more of a success had it run immediately after the Kickstarter but who's to say that's true? I think Tweetathons will definitely help a little, but thinking they'll raise even a million seems ridiculous to me right now.

I haven't pledged anything to the Slacker Backer yet, so maybe I'm part of the problem. There's nothing on there that really entices me and I've already given them a substantial amount of money. Where are these hardcore Brazilian, Chinese, Japanese fans we were all hoping would appear?

Pardon my negative tone. I'm still thrilled with how well Shenmue 3 did on Kickstarter and don't really have much invested in the Paypal's success.

I thought of something the other day, besides the fact the Paypal option is only here for the XMAS season(sigh the worst damn time to be asking people for money), maybe the reason It's going slow now, is that god aweful POS ragdoll reaction stretch goal, no one wants that crap, and people definitely don't want to help push it over the top, if we're not likely gonna reach higher stretch goals.

Frankly if Paypal only gets to that one stretch goal, I would have rather there have been no Paypal option at all.

Yu really should have Paypal up for 1 year, not just over 3 months sigh.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't even think Christmas Season is a bad time to ask people for money. While it's true, Shenmue fans will have to buy a lot of presents for others, they can still make wishes for themselves or even receive Christmas money which they can spend on S3's Paypal around New Year's Eve.

Also, in my country a lot of people get like half a month's or even an entire month's salary extra from their employers for Christmas, so that means they will have a lot of money to spend during Christmas Season.

That said, I'm also kinda bummed, it's only gonna run for 3 months. I can understand Yu wants to finalize a budget soon, but still I don't know why it had to be this early. I was hoping something like half a year of Paypal. Bloodstained's Paypal is still open, afaik.

http://www.fangamer.com/a/kindling/bloodstained
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: I don't even think Christmas Season is a bad time to ask people for money. While it's true, Shenmue fans will have to buy a lot of presents for others, they can still make wishes for themselves or even receive Christmas money which they can spend on S3's Paypal around New Year's Eve.

Also, in my country a lot of people get like half a month's or even an entire month's salary extra from their employers for Christmas, so that means they will have a lot of money to spend during Christmas Season.

That said, I'm also kinda bummed, it's only gonna run for 3 months. I can understand Yu wants to finalize a budget soon, but still I don't know why it had to be this early. I was hoping something like half a year of Paypal. Bloodstained's Paypal is still open, afaik.

http://www.fangamer.com/a/kindling/bloodstained

Lol damn you got some cushi job to be paid by Salary , and get holiday bonuses.

Yea infact I emailed Iga to ask how long they will have Paypal up for, like a month 1/2 ago. He told me it will be up for atleast the remainder of the year.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue III