Burning Utopia Disks with ImgBurn

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Burning Utopia Disks with ImgBurn

Postby BigTuna » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Hey guys. I recently purchased Headhunter super cheap at a local game store here in California. I knew I would need a boot disc, and I knew it wouldn't come with one, but I thought it'd be much easier to burn than this. I've already wasted like 6 discs trying to figure it out, which isn't a big deal. But now I finally think I need so help with this. Does anyone have any experience with this? Especially with ImgBurn?

Also, Discjuggler doesn't seem to want to be working or install at all anymore, unfortunately. I recently got a new laptop and a new desktop after my old laptop died, which had Discjuggler on it and worked like a champ. But so far ImgBurn is working fine for me. Just can't figure out the BootDisk. I've downloaded Utopia BootDisk 1, because that was the only CDI version I could find.

Thank you. Any help would be much appreciated.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Re: Burning Utopia Disks with ImgBurn

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:57 am

For booting games, Utopia is no longer the best option.

Utopia only existed to add a boot sector to a non-selfboot game. Mainly for Dead or Alive 2 way back in the early scene days.

For best results, use codebreaker:
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... ootloader/

Burn the larger file that is not the bootloader. You can then launch region freely if you use with or without codes in the menu.

To burn I usually use Alcohol 120% as I got best results with that program.

As for IMGBurn, you can just burn it normally if you have the plugins to support CDI files.

Worst case scenario, you can PM me and I'll send you a disc if you paypal me the shipping.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: BigTuna
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby BigTuna » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:04 pm

shengoro86 wrote: For booting games, Utopia is no longer the best option.

Utopia only existed to add a boot sector to a non-selfboot game. Mainly for Dead or Alive 2 way back in the early scene days.

For best results, use codebreaker:
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... ootloader/

Burn the larger file that is not the bootloader. You can then launch region freely if you use with or without codes in the menu.

To burn I usually use Alcohol 120% as I got best results with that program.

As for IMGBurn, you can just burn it normally if you have the plugins to support CDI files.

Worst case scenario, you can PM me and I'll send you a disc if you paypal me the shipping.

Awesome, man. Thank you so much! I'll give it a shot tonight. I do have ImgBurn setup to burn CDI's, so hopefully that'll work. I'll let you know either way. I'm sure I can figure it out. I really really appreciate it though. You're a rad dude!
BigTuna

Postby BigTuna » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 pm

UPDATE: It worked flawlessly! Thank you so much once again! You're seriously my hero, dude! I was tearing my hair out like all weekend Saturday trying to figure this out. I can't thank you enough. Peace to you, man!
BigTuna

Return to General Gaming