Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community? Update (Made)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community? Update (Made)

Postby NeoShredder » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 pm

With the new communities feature live on playstation, does anybody know if a Shenmue dojo/500k/whatever group has been made already?

Update: I've decided to make a Dojo invite only one. PM me with PSN and I'll send you an invite.
Last edited by NeoShredder on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community?

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:18 pm

I recall seeing lee baxter advertise a 500k group on 500k. I haven't heard of any dojo group though.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:02 pm

The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username. If we made a Dojo group it would just be filled with random names if it was left open. It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.

Riku Rose has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Monkei, OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Monkei » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:33 am

^ That'd be pretty cool. (Not that I consider myself a regular member, but I'm kinda old school at least.)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Riku Rose wrote: The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username..... It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.

That's why I never posted my stuff there. I would have no prob joining a group on there with the regulars on here though.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Same. I've never even really looked into the social aspects of PSN, but if someone reputable starts a Dojo group or whatever, I'll join.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:41 am

The only group I've ever joined in my entire life is the Shenmue Dojo. I guess that makes me a loner.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Thief » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:13 am

KiBa wrote:The only group I've ever joined in my entire life is the Shenmue Dojo. I guess that makes me a loner.

It would have, but you blew it by signing up to Shenmue Dojo. Way to go. Guess you'll just have to have friends now and socialize.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fittersau » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:36 am

As Shenmue 3 gets closer to release, we should all join the Shenmue PSN Community.. If 70,000 people join.. lol.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 am

fittersau wrote: As Shenmue 3 gets closer to release, we should all join the Shenmue PSN Community.. If 70,000 people join.. lol.

So there is one? Or not? Come'on I wanna play mgo with some peeps.

The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username. If we made a Dojo group it would just be filled with random names if it was left open. It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, the KS has 70,000 backers and the 500k page has 25,000 members. I think any general Shenmue group should inclusive, you can be a fan of the games outside the forums.

On the other hand I get the idea that veteran members should want their own group. With this in mind, if its appreciated, I've just made an invite-only Shenmue Dojo community, and I'll leave a general one open for someone else to make (500k?).

Now unforunately PS4 Communities doesn't have a search feature at the moment, so to get the ball rolling can you guys send me a PM on here with your PSN and I'll add you to the group.

NeoShredder has received a thanks from: Jibby
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community? Update (Made)

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:51 am

Here's the one that's been mentioned on 500K.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community? Update (Made)

Postby Jibby » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 pm

I sent you a PM Neo. Seems like a great idea!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to General Gaming