pc rewards on paypal campaign?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: pc rewards on paypal campaign?

Postby ShenSun » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:17 pm

The entire promotion and management of the slacker backer campaign has been poor if you asked me. They should have hired some committed driven fans to help out. The passion would have led to better results.

I haven't heard anything of this campaign in the media or anywhere else for that matter since it launched. I just pray the promotion of Shenmue 3 is handled better, otherwise history will repeat itself.

If they announce the PC version 24 hours before the campaign ends, Im gonna facepalm myself x 1000000
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:38 pm

ShenSun wrote: The entire promotion and management of the slacker backer campaign has been poor if you asked me. They should have hired some committed driven fans to help out. The passion would have led to better results.

I haven't heard anything of this campaign in the media or anywhere else for that matter since it launched. I just pray the promotion of Shenmue 3 is handled better, otherwise history will repeat itself.

If they announce the PC version 24 hours before the campaign ends, Im gonna facepalm myself x 1000000

To be honest, why would they do that when we know we do it for free? I've been keeping the GAF paypal thread sorta active in the last few days to raise awareness, because I want to see us hit a stretch goal before the campaign ends. Awesome Japan were the same during the Kickstarter, reactionary, unprepared, and relying heavily on fans to do the heavy lifting on awareness.

It's a real shame 8-4 weren't available for the campaign, because I'm sure they would have been more proactive in getting new people involved and engaged. I know it's tough to do that when there is no way to play Shenmue on modern platforms outside emulation on PC or phones, but Awesome Japan wanted to preach to the choir and little else.

Day after day I was in that Kickstarter thread trying to keep it active, be positive, and stop people eating each other when things got negative. It was rough but I do think it worked in the end, because when the campaign was closing there was more focus on the positives. It's kinda hard to do that right now because even I am uninterested in the paypal campaign because of how non-existent the engagement is. Outside a bump in interest when a new Kickstarter update comes out, nobody really gave a shit about talking about the paypal campaign.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Has the Winning Can Raffle been promoted on NeoGAF, Spaghetti? It's something else to talk about at least, both in terms of the prizes and the dedication of the longtime collectors who've donated them.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenSun » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Maybe we should create a new Gaf thread promoting the raffle.

I plan on creating a another thread when there's 3 days left, in order to promote it heavily.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:04 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Has the Winning Can Raffle been promoted on NeoGAF, Spaghetti? It's something else to talk about at least, both in terms of the prizes and the dedication of the longtime collectors who've donated them.

I think I saw one or two posts in the community thread about it, but that's about it.

I'm going away for a week in like three hours, and my internet might be spotty. If anybody else wants to post about it in my stead, go right ahead. I'll chip in and keep the thread ticking over if I can manage a connection.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue III